Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

I don't mean to piss everyone off..........

Haven't you noticed that all of the questions asked here are all about Windows 2000 and the errors it has or is given out to people. Some games don't work, hardware doesn't work, BSOD, illegal operations, sudden changes in the OS. Just goes to show that the OS isn't very good. I "was" using Windows 2000 awhile ago and got rid of it because it simply stinks. I rather have better compatibility in return for the odd error or two, then have a stable OS and nothing working right. That's why it's stable, cause they made sure next to nothing works on it, they "babied" it to get it working right. Crappy apps, games and hardware support, but it's stable. Now i like Windows 2000 because of it's features, but if w2k is not going to run programs well then forget it. There was only 1 program, one that i use a lot, called RPGMaker 95. I was done testing all of my games and apps with windows 2000 and discovered they all ran, last proggy on the list was RPG Maker, go to start it, doesn't work. Because of 1 program not running, which happened to be the one i use a lot, i had to uninstall windows 2000.

edit!!

although I don't believe this anymore, it's still funny to see this post. I shouldn't have edited it, oh well...lol

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 20 December 2000).]

If you don't like it, just don't use it. But don't post if you don't have question or an answer. Leave us real NT guys alone, we are very happy with W2k. So please crawl back under your bridge and play your little games on your DOS/9x kernal and leave us alone, please. Because you do mean to piss everyone off.

Hmmm, obviously by your statement above I can tell you have not worked around computers much. Ever upgraded from 3.1 to 95? If you had you would have noticed ALOT of games and apps that had probs. Ever installed Linux on your computer? Let's see if every single device works. If you want something that works (and suxs) go buy your Mac,PSX,PSX2,Gameboy,NES,SNES,N64,Game Gear,Dreamcast. Man...I'm tired of posting this crap, but if I don't the thread will degenerate into long drawn out crappy threads with no point....like this one.

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run

You don't mean to piss anyone off? Why should that change now <g>? Why would you even post this in a forum specifically for Windows 2000 users?

You are right - Windows 2000 is NOT for you and that has been amply demonstrated. Don't let the door...

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Quote:
Originally posted by jdulmage:
....Some games don't work, hardware doesn't work, BSOD, illegal operations, sudden changes in the OS....

Games- This is a business OS. Be thankful that Win2K has full directx/opengl support. All of my games work in Win2K btw.

Hardware- And who's to blame? The hardware companies for not developing drivers. Windows 9x also started this way. Linux started this way. All Operating systems started this way. It takes time.

Illegal Operations- I don't know about the other's, but I've never seen an 'illegal operation'. Though, some 3rd party software freezes. and or random reboots due to video drivers. I think I would get constant crashes if I install Windows NT software on a Windows9x system too. laugh

Some people think they can treat a business like a gaming OS where it'll run anything you want. MS expects people to install software that is compatible and know how to resolve conflicts. A business typically having a skilled computer technician or administrator.

Windows 2000 can achieve everything Windows 9x can do and surpass it in some areas. Also, may I remind you that this forum is based on a large majority of beta testers who also test beta hardware drivers, Windows9x games, applications and everything you can think of.

seriously though, those are faults that i can probably bypass, when i get my new hard drive, i think i'm going to put Windows 2000 on anyways, not sure yet, but it's hard to pass up such a stable OS like Windows 2000, so maybe i will put it on after thinking about it. Would you guys recommend a site or something where i could get lots of info on windows 2000 besides microsoft. Thanks

What I kindly suggest is that you stop posting in here and go play somewhere else...

Hey MODERATORS can't you just get rid of this guy !!!

Well, i usually am a lurker, posting now and then when i think i can help or be helped (hm, think i only posted twice or so). but anyway, jdul is having a ball with all this, maybe its like he said in a previous thread, that 7 page one, he got what he wanted, getting a loong thread and laughing all the way through it. I dont mean this as an offense to anyone, includin jdul.

just ignore the posts you dont like, let jdul have fun with his 0 posts threads.

as for win2k, i have problems with it, mainly because of drivers and incompatibility problems, not the OS itself, although even the OS is not perfect. For people who know computer well enough, win2k will look and act good, and its just starting off, with not enough drivers, etc, like you guys mentioned, it will take time.

For you, jdul, if you dont like win2k, or dont know how to take advantage of it, then leave it alone, use win9x and live happily ever after, play your games, apps, and stop bothering other people. The word "bothering" is very relative, you dont bother me with weird posts, i just dont read them.

As for everyone else, ignore these silly posts and move on to serious stuff, like taking care of our shiny machines and try the best out of win2k, which is what i am doing right now, hehe. Although i admit sometimes we cant help replying to certain posts, right, guys? ;-)

Hey, wait, isn't this the guy who said he got Win2K to run perfectly and smoothly without a hitch once he, uh, upgraded it from DOS or somesuch? Ah, yes.

Moving right along . . .

Perhaps I can offer a solution. DUAL BOOT! I use it and Win98 and everything works great. If something doesn't work, I boot to 98.

Quote:
Originally posted by jdulmage:
Would you guys recommend a site or something where i could get lots of info on windows 2000 besides microsoft. Thanks

hahaahahahahhaahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey dude, are you constantly on expired crack/coke/LSD/xtc ?????

P.S. Hey mods, can you put an extra option whenever Jdulmage posts i could have e-mail notification? please.....

rofl! Yeah, this guy brightens up my day. He's the comic releif on NT Compatible. Jdul, if you want everything to work on win2k, you have to format, install DOS, then install windows 2000 (don't forget to delete MSDOS.sys). Have you forgotten your own advice?

I propose we bet on jdul's age. I say 10... i'll give 10:1 odds on it, too.

daniel

These kinda posts are turning out to be the best thing on this site smile

I personally like Win2k a lot, sure somethings take a bit of fiddling to work but they "all" work...every piece of hardware I have has either offical windows 2000 driver or suitable beta alternatives...and all the games I play at the moment work...and work well.

I come here to a) Check up for the latest Gfx Drivers, etc..B) Post messages if I have a problem with anything and c) See if anyone has a problem I can help with....that's the point, see...meant to help on these boards wink

Exorcist

Here we go again! Beware of jdulmage's wrath all message board moderators! (just joking J. Sorry, but I couldnt resist, when I saw this post go to the second page!)

Andy

I've got $10 on that "he's" really female.

What the hell, it's odds of 2:1.

------------------

The information contained in this post has no nutritional value. I remove myself from all responsibility of the consequences should you print this post and consume it without taking the proper precautions.

Warning: This text best viewed with surround sound.

jdulmage is just going though puberty he/she obviously havent found themselves yet as you say must be very young !!!! laugh

he guys don't give him to much **** cos remember he's the second best computer person at his school so he knows what he is on about

maybe if he installed 2k ntfs then 98 it would work better just like 98 to 2k lol

You just happened to have that on your pc??

co-incidence i think not

------------------

CELERON 333

Asus p2b-b motherboard

64 mg ram

voodoo 3 2000-3000 hybrid (2000 with tv out)

Sb live value

realtek nic

Well i got it threw microsofts ip pic jiggler on a 15-5u basis of 7200 rpms threw a multi-network connection at 10mbit upstream, only computer pros like jdulmage would realy know what im saying