Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Whistler Application Compatibility Toolkit

I would greatly appreciate it if you could send a working link or the file to me in my email. The standard W2k compatibility tool does not work at all in fact it sucks bad and I would welcome anything better.

Thank You

ShoemakerPom

shoemakerpom@netreach.net

I believe that the Toolkit integrated into SP2 is the same as the current Whistler Toolkit.

ARC

So this means the games working App Compat Toolkit of Whistler wont work with mere SP2?

ARC

I tried the Freedrive account, it was a no go...I could get in the folders and everything, but it says tehre was only 1.062mb left, and it disabled the "download" button. Guess I'll try again tomorrow :\

Shamrock

DOS Freak, I just read over at ZDNet NEws that there's a newer version of the compatibility tool, version 2.0.1. Here's a little clip from it.

Quote:
Version 2.0.1 of the application compatibility toolkit for Windows XP Beta 2 is available, while an Application Verifier is also in the cards. That tool will test an app for several of the most common compatibility issues and is currently focussed on the issues most difficult to manually test for."

Have you tried it yet? and could you do the same as you did with the first one?

Thanks,

The Whistler DirectX Beta 2 that Dos Freak previously posted on Freedrive works beautifully with a GeForce 3.

Can someone please email me the latest version of DosFreak's software?

Thanks

email addy -------->dave@dwbots.co.uk

Cheers again smile

Yes you will still need the Whistler Application Compatibility Toolkit in Whistler. Whistler will have the same problems that 2000 does.

Anyone get Red Alert to even install using that toolkit? The installation still says it wont install because its a win95 product.

DosFreak i was wondering do you have a new Windows XP Application Compatibility Toolkit from the final version, build 2600?b Or is it that same one that you got a while back?

I was wondering if you ever were going to make one from the final version because maybe that Windows XP Application Compatibility Toolkit fixes more Compatibility issues in windows 2000.

Thanks

doh! Just tried to download the package from www.freedrive.com and got the following message:

Effective September 24, 2001, FreeDrive will no longer offer TestDrive membership plans with 5 MB of free storage. We will continue to offer a free plan, however, the new plan will only allow members to receive shared folders – it will not provide any storage or outbound sharing privileges. TestDrive accounts will automatically be converted to new free accounts with 0 MB of storage, effective September 24, 2001.

Anyone else have a copy hosted anywhere?

1. The Whistler toolkit on freedrive was put together by me because I noticed that there was better compatibility in XP that could be easily used in 2k. At that time no Whistler toolkit was available officialu until 2-3 months later. My toolkit also included the Application Compatibility update files from Whistler to uodate the compatibility in 2k.

2. This toolkit should not be used anymore. Although the compatibility files that come with it are faaaaaaarrr better than 2k's. They are alot older than the ones that come with the final of XP. The ones included in the toolkit are from Whistler Beta 2.

3. I've been playing around with the files for XP and the toolkit are essentialy the same as far as the GUI programs are concerned. A couple more dozen options but mostly ones related the the new GUI in XP. Your best bet is just to make a backup of the \Winnt\Appatch directory in Windows 2000 and then copy the same directory from XP to that directory. Then load up thhe Application Compatibility Toolkit for 1.5.

4. As of yet there has been nothing that the Whistler Toolkit could do that the 1.5 compatibility kit doesn't do. The ONLY benefit you'll see is using the Apppatch files and using the ACBROWSER to find out what fixes are used in XP so you can use them in 2k.

DosFreak, where from i can download this Compatibility Tool? Or Can you send mi this to my mailbox (marek@pilczyce.net)

thanks from heaven