Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Whistler Application Compatibility Toolkit

Personally The first few EA games I tried with Win2K worked perfectly (NHL 2001, FIFA 2001, The Sims, The Sims Livin Large) however I have had no success with NBA Live 2001 or Superbike 2001.

What I find odd is how the NBA Live 2001 demo worked fine for me but the full game doesnt

Well,

After installing this toolkit, most of the thing work flawless including NBA 2001 and Superbikes 2001.

ARC

Well you can use either QfixApps or RunCompat..

I use runcompat and just click on win98 and browse to the files of nba or superbike.

One thing I should tell is I am using a cracked exe from Gamecopyworold.

ARC

Well miku, youre either lying or are an incredably lucky man cause I have tried several fixed .exe's for superbike and have tried all the compabatibility modes and the game (superbike 2001) still crashes me back to the desktop.

Well,

You have to see it to believe it. This is the file I am using the zipped file from the following location. Download it and run setupreg.exe to fix registry. Then try

http://flash-dev.com/gcw/games/files/superbike2001.exe

If it still doesnt work. Let me know.

Make sure you install the toolkit available in this forum.

ARC

After doing everything, I go and run it using the appcomp tool with Windows 98 checked off, and I get an error returned to me that is a microsoft visual C++ runtime error, msvcrt.dll is not compatible with win32s and then that the application failed to initialize properly

I did not say run it with Appcompat..

I Said run it with RUNCOMPAT

Try.

ARC

miku i tired my nascar revolution and sim theme park game on that and it still didnt work.

i tried everything and nothing worked frown

Dont know what else to do.

I am on a voodoo 3 2000 pci video card btw and have the latest drivers for it and Direct X 8.0.

Thanks

Whenever I try to extract the files in the whistler ACT I get 2 errors that say cannot open apppatch\acgenral.dll and cannot create apppatch\acgenral.dll, all I get are the install, uninstall and readme files extracted so I dont get runcompat frown how do I get these files extracted, I use WinRAR

Then if I run the install batch file it doesnt do anything really because it cannot find a bunch of the files

[This message has been edited by ShoeHornOPlenty (edited 16 April 2001).]

Download the one from freedrive. I encountered the same errors.

ARC

Grabbed the one off of Freedrive and it isnt working either, wont extract the files properly with WinRAR, any chance you could send me the one you have that does work by email or something?

Do you have MSN Messenger or ICQ.

If so add me to you contact list.

my email is choudhrys@hotmail.com

or UIN 2561844

ARC

Man,

I've got two left arms you can have if you set me up with the WHISTLER APP COMPAT TOOLKIT. I just read it fixed EAW on Win2K.

Tried the link... page not available? Just busy I suppose.

james@neuco.net

Hi, just saw this post for the first time..heh bit of a newbie but just like to say this is a wicked site, helped me out with a lot of stuff lately but i am very interested in this app compatibility toolkit that dos freak has - is it right that this WILL run under win2k?? And is it possible to e-mail me it when u get time, size permitting and that as there are a few games that have been mentioned in the forum that wouldnt run properly under win2k and this may help me solve it...i dual boot win2k and win98 atm but i would really like to ditch win98 (just plain sux) and keep to win2k cuz its only the few odd games that i run in win98 that wouldnt run in win2k.

Thanx.

Oh, btw if u can e-mail me the files....here is my addy smile

keith.mason3@btinternet.com.

Whistler Application Compatibility Toolkit v2.0 is out.

It includes files from the latest Whistler Application Compatibility Toolkit + the files from the Whistler Application Compatibility Toolkit I compiled before.

www.freedrive.com

Login:ntcompatible

pass:ntcompatible

Check it out! It's pretty neat. smile

Yep CM, but that one doesn't work in 2000. I took th files out of that one and placed 'em into mine. It works in Windows 2000 now. smile

WinAce uncompresses cab files:

http://www.winace.com/start.html

Build 528 from DX8B400.cab published on Freedrive and adapted from DirectX 8 for Whistler has problems under Windows 2000 with some games (Shogun) but benefits some others (Mechwarrior 4).

Thanks both for the DirectX .bat files and ACT 2.0

For the less technically minded or for those who only trust programs from Microsoft I have removed the Whistler requirement from Microsoft's Whitler Application Compatibility Toolkit Beta 2.

Go to www.freedrive.com

Login: ntcompatible1

Pass: ntcompatible1

Download Whistler Application Compatibility Toolkit Beta 2.msi and apphelp.zip.

Install the Whistler Application Compatibility toolkit and extract the files in apphelp.zip into your \winnt\apppatch directory. (If your using Whistler then do not extract the files.)

I still recommend you use the program I compiled tho and I am going to release a newer ver of my tool very soon using .MSI installation. (Mine includes more tools...and documentation for Windows 2000 that's about it.)

hi DosFreak i was wondering why i cant get the compat. program that you made work with nascar revoultion ever , i tired everything. It's ok if you really dont know cause i know EA Sport games can be a pain in the butt on win2k. But i was just curious if you knew any reason why or any way to ever get it to maybe work on win2k if ever one day.

i saw that nascar heat is now supported under the latest windows compat. update MS release too bad they cant add nascar revoultion or at least sim theme park. EA is starting to make me mad with there no support for win2k which should be supported cause all the are doing is hurting themselfs more. Well i really appreicate the compat. programs you make for everyone DosFreak because its not something you got to do. i hope you keep up the good work. Thanks for everything.

Any help very appreicated.

Thanks

I have no idea why it does not work since I do not have the game. If I see it at the store or online tho' I'll download it and give it a shot but if you've tried everything in the compatibility options then there is very little I could do except email 'em and yell at 'em. wink