Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Whistler Application Compatibility Toolkit

Do you think it may work just curious?

and when you say by go thru each fix one by one you mean to only have one fix checked at a time and try it each time right?

not like 2 checked

yeah, although there's a slight chance that 2 may need to be checked for it to work. frown But usually you can get further into the game. So that you know that that checkbox does work but that you need to click another. There are more advanced way to figure out what the programs themselves need from the OS and such but I really haven't gotten that far into it.

Ok well if i can always dual boot with win98SE if it wont work still.

Easier way we know but just a pain in the butt way when you want to play just that one or two games lol

Dont worry i am sure one day we will figure it out how to get more and more games to work in win2k.

thanks

btw i did get my twisted metal 2 to work but that worked with MS compat. match update with the compat. mode when you right clicked on shortcut and put run in compat. mode then run in win95 ,98 , or win nt 4.0 layer

DosFreak so far i tried each one and could get it to work frown

but one did make it come up and said

No D3D card detected. Please install a D3D card to play.

that was the ForceDirectDrawEmulation fix that came up with that message.

hope i can get it to work someway hehe

And one more thing that was from the nascar revolution game i was trying on btw.

One more thing i got a video card.

its a voodoo 3 2000 pci so its not like a dont have a D3D video card and nascar revolution works fine under win98SE with it

or any other 9x

Ok i want to add something

right before you start game you got to choose from direct x or open gl and i tried both on each fix.

But i jsut wanted to say in this white little box it says primary display driver and there are no others to choose but that one.

jsut making sure you know that just in case its important

thanks

So Dos, the one that I have on my server is bad?

------------------

Regards,

clutch

yea DosFreak, if you wouldn't mind, mail me the installshield cab extractor.

eddie@intrepid.net

YGM Eddie. I have a web page somewhere in my favorites for all types of decryption but unfortunately it's ALOT of favorites (3,000+) so ummm it's gonna take me awhile to find it. wink

Hi Dosfreak,

Good Work...

Though one thing is missing. The file that says "Already applied fixes" has the list of all the latest games. I tried to run NBA 2001 and some other and found it didnt work without applying the fix using QfixApps.

Please make a reg file of this reg directory. I think this contains all fixes.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatibility\

ARC

Heya, DosFreak, thanks for the proggie, but I've got this, "divide by zero" error on POST after installation, then a BSOD, and my whole Win2K installation and data files are fux0red and I think it killed the neighbors dog and...

laugh

P.S. Nice Monday, what!

Has anybody got Tiger Woods 2001 to run in whistler or 2000?

ARC

LOL

O mercy

"...and i think it killed the neighbors dog and..."

Deadcats.....that really funny...LOL

LOL

LOL

if you dont mind i may use that....:P

Ok Guys, Got Tiger Woods to work after deleting w2help.dll

ARC

DosFreak.........We got some folks coming in to upgrade our systems from Win98SE to 2000Pro. In addition to downloading all the hardware patches, etc.....I can find, I would appreciate receiving a copy of your Compatibility Toolkit, so they have all the tools they need when they get here.

Thanks for your hard work!

Steven........ scmcquaid1@home.com

Anybody have any luck yet with NBA Live 2001 or Superbike 2001?

Hmmmmm, notice how it is mostly EA games that dont work on Win2K, lol

Yep thats true for sure. All my EA Sports games wont work frown

dum EA sports i will make sure i dont buy from them inless it says win2k on back.

i tried to talk to tech support once but they just said they didnt support win2k hehe.

They will have too sooner or later since windows xp is coming out.

But the two games i cant get working is nascar revolution or sim theme park frown

tried everything