Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pimpin_228

battle of the computers

Well mines on 16*137 = 2192 at default voltage atm....you wanna fight laugh

Not sure what it will do but ive had no probs so far. Mines rambus though on an Abit TH7-II RAID.

mine is default at 2.2ghz and 1.5 volts

but they run really hot

#1 120f

#2 128f

thats after several hours of wolf.

it's tons hotter than the p3 but intel says the max temp for them is 180f

Just out of interest....you lot with p4s, what voltages does you cpu get when running at the stock voltage. I know that the p4 spec is 1.5v but ive had 2xAbit TH7-IIs now and they both give around 1.38v when set to 1.5v in the bios (default).

Do you guys actually get 1.5v????

16*150 to get 2.4GHz and right now it's sitting at 38*C (no more than 45* or so under full load) with a GF4 Ti4600 at stock speeds. But I had this bus speed a while back, screw the slow 133 spec coming out...

wink

Alyssa

[*]P4 1.6A@2.4GHz (16x150MHz FSB) Northwood with stock heatsink and HSF running at default VCore

[*]SOYO Dragon P4S Ultra (SiS 645 Chipset)

[*]1GB PC2700 (DDR333) Mushkin DDR-DRAM (Running in DDR333 Mode)

[*]WD 100GB ATA-100 HD w/ 8MB Cache

[*]Samsung 5x DVD/32x CD Drive

[*]Plextor 40/12/40A CD Burner

[*]GeForce 4 Ti 4600, 128MB

[*]Onboard C-Media 6-Channel Sound

[*]Onboard USB 2.0 with 5.25" Drivebay I/O

[*]Onboard Highpoint UDMA/IDE RAID Controller (33/66/100/133)

[*]Radius 19" Monitor (Trinitron AG CRT)

[*]MS Natural Keyboard Pro

[*]MS Intellimouse Explorer

[*]SanDisk USB Compact Flash Reader

[*]Spacetec SpaceORB 6DOF Game Controller

[/list:u]

Clutch how does that SiS chipset compare with the 845 and 850? and what made you go for that?

Also VOLTAGE! laugh

Inwin Midtower

Asus P4S533

P4 1.6 at 16x145 for 2312 Mhz

Corsair XMS DDR PC 2700 at 4/5 timing

Leadteak A2450 Ti 4400 at 310/670 mhz

SB Audigy Mp3 Gamer

Maxtor 80G 7200 ATA133

Plextor 40x Burner

56x Acer CD rom

4 Case fans on Controller

11530 3dmarks 2001 se

Y'know, I never really paid attention to my voltages in BIOS, but at 1.60 volts, it tells me I have 1.61 volts--which is fine.

Quote:

Clutch how does that SiS chipset compare with the 845 and 850? and what made you go for that?

Also VOLTAGE! laugh

So far, it's been pretty nice and stable. I did have some quirks with my MS USB keyboard not being picked up all the time at boot (Via USB controller, go figure) but the board has been really nice and came with a ton of features. I decided to give this a shot since this was the first time that I can remember SiS clearly stating that this was a performance chipset, and that they could prove it. I posted some screencaps from the Sandra bench-marketing program, and I will dig those up again.

In reference to the voltage, check the listing:

Quote:
...Northwood with stock heatsink and HSF running at default VCore

laugh

And check the bit where i said....

Just out of interest....you lot with p4s, what voltages does you cpu get when running at the stock voltage. I know that the p4 spec is 1.5v but ive had 2xAbit TH7-IIs now and they both give around 1.38v when set to 1.5v in the bios (default).

Do you guys actually get 1.5v????

laugh

1.5, if that's what you are looking for. Then again, I'm not sure why a mobo would give such a wide variance, and if it did I guess you couldn't really rely on any setting at that point, now could you. So what voltage did you have to set it to in order to get 1.5?

Mine undervolts by about 0.12v at each settings, so at 1.7v in bios for example it actually gives 1.58v. But, when set to 1.5v, it gives 1.38 which seems to work perfectly confused

Seems to be common on this Abit board.

Umm, ok, for me when I put "Default VCore" I was actually able to mean it I guess. So what's the temp on yours while it's running?

Bout 50 at full load with the tiny little NW stock hs/f, but it was kinda a rush job. Ive got a swiftech MCX-478 around here somewere so ill fit that and see what difference it makes, but this stock cooler seems pretty good.

Are you using one of them Delta jet engines with that?

IMO, Intel's stock coolers are really good. In comparison with the retail heatsink for the Athlon, Intel has better cooling--even though the P4 can get pretty warm. Plus, the stock cooling from Intel seems to have a quieter fan. Of course, the physical differences in packaging between the Athlon and the P4 probably do make a difference in the cooling effect, but regardless, I think Intel wins hands down here.

The king of stupidly large posts that i cant be arsed to read returns.

And the mcx478 that i have did ship with an 80mm delta, which doesnt really make that much noise unless you swap it round to 'suck' rather than blow (in which case youll think the vacuum cleaner is on).

Im running it with an 80mm ystech though and its almost as quiet as the intel stock hs.

Quote:

mine sounds like a harrier idleing in the front yard.

LOL, nice.

laugh

Yeah its you im talking about. Every post is an essay.

Firstly i didnt use your name as i posted directly under you so i thought it was pretty obvious.

Secondly, all your posts are massive laugh It didnt even cross my mind that other ppl post long replies smile

Anyway this is a bit silly laugh Im sorry i commented on your posts, im going to bed and i want a 20,000 word essay by the morning laugh

I was wondering what happend to you, Alec. Nice car. At least you make sure your sig isn't regularly longer than your average post.

2nd, let's play nice boys. smile