Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
siaoant

Sims 2 Installation Help (Directx 9.0c problem)

thats funny..i had the same problem.. i have SP2 installed, but i ran DXdiag to check if i had directx9c, but the shit was it said B.

so i dowloaded directx from the MS site. first i downloaded the websetup, then when i ran it it finished without even streaming files or anything..

WHAT THE????? i thought..

then i though, damn MS. cant do anything right. so i went to the MS site to download The redist. version of DX9c.

after iu downloaded the 33.4MB i tried to install it, but it did the same thing. just finished the installation without installing anything.

but the real funny thing is that, when i now run dxdiag it says i have DX9c..

and to a note.. the sims 2 worked before and after here...

Yours sincerly.

ES

Die Bill Die Gates scum!!!

I gues what happens is that the direct x installer what checks if there is present the service pack 2, and since we have it it assumes it has the directx9c, the stupid forgot that the early versions of WinXp came with directx9b, so I guess we are so mess up, and I have try all the solutions here and they all are scams, nothing works, I am a power user so I know my PC has everything ++ of the game requirements, I hope some hacker comes and illuminate us.

But is just so simple, microsoft sucks, remember IE 5.5

@#$%)*^)()(* BILL!!!!

The solution very simple, and this is the only way microsoft left us, download emule and then search for winxp sp2 and the one with most sources includes directx 9c, sorry bill but what else can we do!?!?!

It seems like there are many problems in this one thread... some can be easily... though expensively fixed... I had these same issues.. but mine was the fault of my graphic's card.. it didn't support dirctx 9c... granted... mine was a dinosaur and needed replacing long ago.. voodoo3.... but it still worked everything til now...

I put in a Verto G-Force 5200 AGP into it today... and the Sims 2 booted right up....

Just my experience with this problem and my solution... hope it helps :0))

Shayla

ok lisent to me...

There's nothing matter whit your vga version or driver..

This is ONLY a directX9 problem.I try everything: change the .dll from the dx9b to the dx9c whit no succes and remove the dx9b by instaling the old dx8.1 and then instal the dx9c, and again.. no more sucess.

Like Cbunbury20 i get a new copy of microsoft xp sp2 , and he come whit directx9.0c

this is the only way to plays sims2 and enjoys the magic of dx9.0c.

there is the link :

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2760/Windows

ok ok ... Its bittorent.. it's gay, but , belive me..

this windows work perfectly !!

if you dont have bittorent program , get it to http://btplusplus.sourceforge.net

Muhahha ! screw you bill !!

(ps: Scuse for my bad english..)

Originally posted by santroph:

Quote:
OK GUYS I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!!

Probably a bunch of you wont believe this but the setup.exe for the Directx 9.0c has a bug.

I can prove it doing what i did to have mine updated from 9.0b to 9.0c.

I have tryed everything even taking DX9.0b off and substitute for 8.1, but this is not necessary.

The only thing all of you should do is:

Take the .exe and both .dll in the DX 9.0b folder and use them in the dx9.0c install intead of the ones you have.

Step by step:

Get both Dx 9.0b and Dx 9.0c REDIST (complete install file zipped) from File planet.

Extract one in a TEMP folder like:

c:\temp\dx9c

and the other in another like:

c:\temp\dx9b

get the files "dxsetup.exe", "DSETUP.dll", "dsetup32.dll" from the folder that have the DX9b install to the one that have the DX9c install.

Substitute the files, than now run normally the setup.exe file, everything will work now.

Have good luck, and I hope this solves all of your problems!

I NEED HELP!!! someone please help i know there are people out there that know what to do! I have tryed everything. I got the game for my birthday and i really wanna play. I have been trying to play and i have done everything. I have been trying to get this to work for like 3 weeks! I have contacted electronics places and downloaded directx 9.0c and everytime i go to play it still says i need directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter! PLEASE HELP ME!!! i am getting very frustrated and i really wanna play. If you can help me please e-mail me at Lilracegirl3@aol.com or post something on this page to help! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! :x

ATTENTION :: NEW FINDING ON THIS ISSUE

I first want to say I'm up to this problem for like 4 hours now and I've gone mad. I have believed and tried every theory on this forum but none of them worked. Plus, after going back to DX8 and resintalling 9.0b and then 9.0c resulted in errors in my dx diagnosis. (Error: Could not get basic sound info. result code = some hexadecimals) So, I started to think and try new things hopelessly. Now, I'm happy that I have a working Sims 2 now but I'm too fucking pissed to play it.

Here's the new finding: As you might already know, XP has another very important bug where you cannot change XP's refresh rates from 60Hz to anything else. There are programs like "Refresh Force" or "ReForce" in compact form to fix this, so that you can have more refresh rates than this. Well guess what? If you have one of these, Sims 2 will not work and give that error. If you are using specifically ReForce, you should be able to restore back the original settings easily from within the program. I did it, and now can play Sims 2 without problem.

The thing I don't know is, if I would still be able to play the game if I hadn't tried all the methods written in this forum but only thought of this.

I really believe this is the first thing to check, if you're using such software.

Cheers.

The Intel 82810 card is slow (its about 10 times slower than a Geforece FX5200 or 9 times slower than a Radeon 9200).

To run Sims on a 82810 card you must run it in a Window by modifying the shortcut to the game and add the '-w' option at the end of the program command.

I have tried to use direcx9.0c on my friend computer. Many bugs fixed expecially when playing the old game like red alert 2. I mean the game run smoothly. If you really want to install it this is how you must do.But you must have installer for direcx9.0b and directx9.0c.

first step

extract the directx 9.0b in one folder

second step

extract the directx 9.0c into the other folder

third step

notice all the *.cab file in the directx 9.0c folder

forth step

copy all the *.cab file from directx9.0c and replaced it in the folder for directx9.0b

final step

install the intaller in directx 9.0b

and walla, you with have directx9.0c already install in your computer with all the updated file!!

this will definitely install directx 9.0c and fully workble without any error

This all isn't fair. When ever that error pops up I just feel like kicking the computer until it breaks. It is fustrating me. I waited 2 hours for this game to install and now I can't even play it. I am desparate. I want to play. Any other solutions?????! ;( frown

I have tried EVERYTHING to get this to work. my graphics card IS supported. directx 9.0c INSTALLED and VERIFIED. ALL mimimum requirements met. still I got 'no directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter could be found' I read it in another thread. The game WILL NOT run if you FORCE your refresh rate. I use RForce to combat the 60Hz refresh rate problem in windows xp. I undid rforce 'restore previous settings' then switched manually to 60Hz via display properties (advanced). Bada Bing Bada Bang! Game runs but I'm getting a headache from my monitor from writing this, ugg. Got to go. good luck. Tell others. I spent 6 hours, and I only found ONE post that mentioned the refresh rate!

Im not trying to get Sims 2 to work, but I have the same problem as some of you people. Whenever I try to install DirectX 9.0c it just jumps straight to the "installation complete" screen without installing anything. Checking dxdiag I still have 9.0b installed. I tried one of the solutions listed earlier (replacing the directx 9.0c DLLS with the 9.0b DLLS) and got the thing to install. But now when I run dxdiag, it still says "DirectX 9.0b" but the version number reads 4.09.0000.0904. This is the version number for 9.0c! And I still can't get World Of Warcraft running (the reason I need 9.0c)

If anyone has found any new solutions, I would be very grateful.

On world of warcraft. I too was having issues with the 9b to 9c thing, but someone already posted a solution that worked for me. While replacing the .dlls of 9c with the 9b ones should have worked, for me it did not. I had to instead replace the .cab files of 9b with the newer 9c versions. Then when I ran it, it installed just fine and dxdiag confirmed I had 9c.

That solves the directx issue, but not the part where my computer's video card doesn't work with them (but thats not important to this thread).

On a semi-related note, manually changing the registry key of the version number DOES NOT WORK! It doesn't cause any harm but it don't work. Thats why running the 9c with 9b .dlls didn't work because it only changed the registry key. So my question is, what file/registry key tells the computer what version of direct x is installed? If we knew this, we could change it manually and avoid many problems. I'd experiment myself, but I'd rather let someone more experienced with regediting take care of it.

GAMES i've found with the 9c problem(which I was unable to play because of the glitch) are:

Sims 2

World of Warcraft <===DAMN IT!!! 2.5 GIG OF DLING AND CAN'T PLAY!

Starwars Battlefront

CrystalK

Thanks for that, I might give it a try. Im a bit doubtful though, I have already had to do a system restore once and I dont fancy doing another.

I think this is the problem: DirectX Download Page

If you look at the supported systems, Microsoft XP SP2 is not listed. That explains why the damn thing wont install, but now I wonder how long it will be before we see a version of DirectX9 that will install onto an SP2 system.

This is so frustrating, and there seems to be no official word on the issue or when it will be fixed.

hey..guys, i got the sims 2 couple of days ago and i have this DirectX problem like most of u guys..here is my card thingy:

Name: S3 Graphics Inc. SavageIX

Manufacturer: S3 Graphics Inc.

Chip Type: S3 Savage/IX

DAC Type: S3 SDAC

GUYS PLZZ HELP ME CUZ I RELLY WANNA PLAY THIS GAME!!.. frown

Try what crystalklear64 said, if that doesnt work try uninstalling and reinstalling SP2. Of course if you cant uninstall SP2 (like Me) I dont think there is much you can do, I am in the same position.

Sorry :'(

hey..guys, i got the sims 2 couple of days ago and i have this DirectX problem like most of u guys..here is my card thingy:

Name: S3 Graphics Inc. SavageIX

Manufacturer: S3 Graphics Inc.

Chip Type: S3 Savage/IX

DAC Type: S3 SDAC

GUYS PLZZ HELP ME CUZ I RELLY WANNA PLAY THIS GAME!!.. frown

Hello,

My post was deleted because I was advocating the downloading of retail copies of Windows XP SP2 using P2P software. Please forgive me for suggesting such a horrible act, I promise that I will never do such a thing ever again!

[Edited by dosfreak on 2004-11-15 01:44:19]

my problem is quite different

still can't install DirectX 9.0c but for me, the installation stops while copying qedit.dll

i've got P4 2,8 512MB

Radeon IGP 345M

XP Home SP1

Guys,

Forget about drivers or hardware! Just extract directx.rar then go into this dir. and find directx.inf, dxver.inf and dsetup.inf (right mouse button and install) After doing that run dsetup.exe again and everything should be fine. For me that's worked

Originally posted by nikoal:

Quote:
Guys,

Forget about drivers or hardware! Just extract directx.rar then go into this dir. and find directx.inf, dxver.inf and dsetup.inf (right mouse button and install) After doing that run dsetup.exe again and everything should be fine. For me that's worked

no clue what you said right there? Extract which directx 9b or c? and find the directx.inf from where... ???