Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
siaoant

Sims 2 Installation Help (Directx 9.0c problem)

But if my win xp cames with sp2 its impossible to uninstall it without reeinstalling all the os sysrtem, and i dont want that. Is there any idea on how to reeinstall or uninstall sp2?

If you installed Windows XP with Service Pack 2 "slipstreamed" or "intergrated" then it is impossible to both uninstall or reinstall SP2 without reinstalling the full operating system.

Hi I'm not very good at computers and need help wit the sims 2. I bought the game and i intalled it and it was fine. However when i try to play it the game won't load and a message pops up saying the following: "failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer."

I have a vague idea on what this means based on posts i have seen here but i don't understand any of the solutions without getting a little confused. Can anyone help me?

Sasha

If you've installed everything that was offered on Windows Update and have current or recent video drivers, then you will need to buy a video card that is supported by the game.

You did check the minimum system requirements first, right?

I HATE DIRECTX IT SAYS ITS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY VIDEO CARD BUT IT IS, AND THEN I UPDATED MY DRIVER AND IT STILL WONT WORK IT GETS ME SO MAD WHEN I TRY TO PLAY IT BUT WHEN ITS LOADING IT DOES THAT STUPID LITTLE PING NOISE AND SAYS "fAILED TO FIND dIRECTx 9.0C COMPATIBLE GRAPHIC ADAPTER IN THIS SYSTEM.pLEASE MAKE SURE U HAVE A DIRECTX COMPATIBLE GRAPHIC ADAPTER AND HAVE INSTALLED THE LATEST DRIVERS PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTUER. tHIS APPLICATION WILL NOW TERMINATE" IT GETS ME SOOO MAD, ONE DAY WHEN I GET A NEW COMP IM GONNA BURN IT UNTIL ITS SOO HOT THAT I HAVE TO BACK AWAY FROM THE HEAT....ONE DAY. x)

I HATE DIRECTX IT SAYS ITS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY VIDEO CARD BUT IT IS, AND THEN I UPDATED MY DRIVER AND IT STILL WONT WORK IT GETS ME SO MAD WHEN I TRY TO PLAY IT BUT WHEN ITS LOADING IT DOES THAT STUPID LITTLE PING NOISE AND SAYS "fAILED TO FIND dIRECTx 9.0C COMPATIBLE GRAPHIC ADAPTER IN THIS SYSTEM.pLEASE MAKE SURE U HAVE A DIRECTX COMPATIBLE GRAPHIC ADAPTER AND HAVE INSTALLED THE LATEST DRIVERS PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTUER. tHIS APPLICATION WILL NOW TERMINATE" IT GETS ME SOOO MAD, ONE DAY WHEN I GET A NEW COMP IM GONNA BURN IT UNTIL ITS SOO HOT THAT I HAVE TO BACK AWAY FROM THE HEAT....ONE DAY. x)

Hello. I am with the majority of you in saying that my Sims 2 is having the same problems. However, all of the solutions requested involve steps and knowledge that I do not know how to do. First, I do not know how to find out what kind of Video Card I have, second, all of the possible solutions to this "direct x" problem involve doing things that I do not know how to do. Please Help. Thanks

Yeah well on my comp I had the same problem make sure you have spyware to get rid of viruses etc that may be the problem on my bros comp it worked easily prolly cuz his is super high tech costs 1300$ or 1700$ something like that probabley my problem is i dont have enough ram i only got 156 and it costs like 256 make sure EVERY system spec is met spyware may be the problem of the direct 9.0c download good luck! The sims 2 is really fun very real you can see your sims reflection in the mirror like in doom 3 im prolly pissing you off since im telling you good stuff to make you crave for it well good luck and yeah if you want me to help you email me at pikminfreak10@Hotmail.com and good luck!

hahahahhaha

i got a free copy of windows xpsp2

AND HE COME WHIT DIRECT X 9.0C

who have dsetup32.dll and dsetup.dll in directx 9.0b folder?? I think it require to install directx 9.0c.... please...

I was wondering if you can help me because I can't play any directx 9.0c games. But anyways, I was doing your method and everything looks like it was installing fine, but at the very last second, I got an error saying that it didn't pass Microsoft System Logo or something. Is there a way to bypass that because I know this method works. I just need to somehow bypass that System Logo check.

If microsoft can't fix this problem , the only one thing we can do is get a free copy of windowsXp sp2 coming whit dx9.0c

You can get it on suprnova

IT'S REALLY WORKING !!! laugh

Well, I find the most simple way, and i am sure this way is 100% working except you did not following it correctly. Because many of my friends have try this way, it work perfectly

A) If now your computer is below directx 9.0b (exp:directx 8.1, 9.0 etc), follow this:

Now update your computer into directx 9.0b, you can download directx 9.0b installation folder from this website. (wait for the website to load, it maybe slow)

http://www.flyff.com.tw/Download/down_01.asp

WHen you are inside, click on green button "directx" and download it.

After install it, restart and now follow guide for directx 9.0b.

B) If now your computer is directx 9.0b, follow this:

First, you must download directx 9.0b installation zip file, you not need to download it if you already have it no matter from game CD or you are already downloaded it just now...

You can get the zip file at

http://www.flyff.com.tw/Download/down_01.asp

When you are inside, click on green button "directx" and download it.

Ok, now your computer is directx 9.0b and have directx 9.0b installation folder in your computer and directx 9.0c installation folder from the sims 2 CD1 right?

Now, what you need to do is copy the whole the whole "directx" folder from the sims 2 CD1, paste it on an empty space, no matter on desktop or other places. After that, go to your directx 9.0b installation folder there, copy DSETUP.dll and dsetup32.dll inside, go back to directx 9.0c folder (the one u choose to paste it on desktop just now), and paste the two files inside, when ask to be overwrite, choose yes....

Now you are done, run dxsetup.exe in directx 9.0c and it will install without skipping the progress smile

note : before doing this you must make sure your computer is directx 9.0b or it will not working.

I see I'm not the only one having trouble with the Sims2...well you see I also got the window that popped up saying I needed the DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) driver, and I checked and that's what's installed on my computer, but the Sims2 still isn't working, does anyone have any idea why?

I am having the same problem also with directx 9.0c. its says i do not have a compatible grahics adapter. However, my driver is not supported by the sims2 either. i was wondering where i could get one and how much it would cost...

thanks

If your driver is incompatible, you can try installing the newest driver available from the video card manufacturer's web site.

If that fails, then chances are very high that you'll need to replace your video card.

Sims 2 is a 3D game. It needs a powerful system to run it. Most computers 2-3 years old and older will probably not run it unless it has been upgraded.

If you need help installing a video card consult a local computer shop for advice.

Hello All,

I bought THE SIMS 2 today, and guess what happened?

Yeah, I cannot play because of my directX 9.0b version. I am using WIN XP with SP2 Installed.

My PC is actually quite strong:

Pentium 4 2.4gHz

640MB RAM

80GB harddrive

RADEON 9600 128MB graphix card

I have been over 3hours looking for solutions on the net, i found this webpage read all the articles but no answer to my problem. I am very tired and will make this short.

I tried: rolling sirectx back to 8.1 (did)

I tried: Installing DirectX 9.0c from Microsoft 100 times

I tried: Putting the DIRECT.DLL into the C:\Windows\System32 folder

I tried: Reformating my PC

But all didnt work. I am frustrated, dissapointed and PISSED OFF. I want to play the game, please please help me.

Kanexpo- Windows XP SP2 has DirectX 9.0c. Attempting to roll back to 8.1 would trigger Windows File Protection, prohibiting you to do so.

Have you tried the newest drivers for your video card? If you've copied/renamed/etc. DirectX system files since your format/reinstall, you may need to again reinstall first.

I had SP2 already integrated in my wIndows xp version. So it wont allow me to download SP2 because it thinks i already have it.

I rolled back to 8.1 and looks like I messed up?

Drivers are up to date as I believe. Anyway, ATI doesnt give out such good driver updates.

Regards

My version of WINDOWS XP has DIRECTX 9.0B integrated, and with service pack 2.

Did you make the intergrated installation media yourself? Did you download it?

A quick google implies that at least one of the intergrated install images that was warezed contains some DirectX file version problems.

A properly intergrated XP SP2 installation media includes DirectX 9.0c.

The stand-alone network installation of SP2 includes DirectX 9.0c.

If you have DirectX 9.0b then something is seriously wrong with your installation media.

No i bought the windows xp cd in the shop. i believe its the 2004 version, and i believ it has a defected SP2!

Seriously defected. So defected that i am forced to buy another windows, or to neverplay sims in my whole entire life.

I hate Bill Gates, MF..

Ok, so i know everyone is probably getting bored with all these 'help requests', but i really want to play the game!(coz I'm sad, ok!)

Heres the deal. Much the same as playmisti4moi.

Im haveing the same error messages when trying to run the game ( the whole cant recognise directx 9.0c, check the manufacturer stuff)

But it says on my pc that it is direct x 9.0.

heres my specs thing.

direct draw acceleration- not available

direct 3d acceleration- not available

agp texture acceleration - not available

When i do the test thing it works though, and my graphics card really should work because it's supposed to be ge forse fx 5200, and when getting the pc built for me i made sure i had thse up to date graphics.

I had a problem with the sims 1. One day i was playing it as fine for houirs, then it cut off and wouldnt work again, so i got the sims 2, but that wont work either, the dudes on the phone are about as helpfull as a bloody hole in the head, so i dunno what to do.

Can someone please help me xXXx smile

To B3nni3 sm4ll5,

No your Intel gfx chip is hopeless for 3D games, you need to buy a faster (>£100) graphics card for your PC. Upgrading drivers will not improve a poor chip. You will need at least a 4x AGP card or a PCI graphics card.

Check out the list of cards posted on this Sims thread for an idea of type of card to get.