Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
siaoant

Sims 2 Installation Help (Directx 9.0c problem)

So far, it hasnt been workin... none of d solutions has been... izzit jz possible to replace all my directx files with my fwen's 9.0c files n run dxdiag? wud dat cause a prob??

Originally posted by B3nni3 sm4ll5:

Quote:
I've tried everything else it seems, so please help me... Is it my graphics card or what, if so, where and how do I get a new one? Thanks - Ben

Yes is is your videocard: you do need a "real" card and not the intel on-board graphics accellerator. A Geforce Fx 5200 of €50.00 is more than enough though.

and i'm still a he & my girl can confirm that if you'd like smile

Thanxs for your advice kazung-Q and sorry for my inpatients

I think that my Intel 810 grapics driver isn't gud enough, so do i download a new graphics driver? because i tried this but it didn't work.

sorry if i seem really annoying cause i know nothing, but i would be grateful for some help. thanx

Originally posted by infernalcarnage:

Quote:
So far, it hasnt been workin... none of d solutions has been... izzit jz possible to replace all my directx files with my fwen's 9.0c files n run dxdiag? wud dat cause a prob??

Hi i have seen that my first solution is not 100%, because u have to change both DLLs but NOT the EXE, this now really worked for me, because now even 3dmark05 wich was really a pain in the ass works. And dxdiag tells me dx9c is installed!

Ello ya all, now i know ive come outta the blue, but id just like to shout out to Santroph laugh a BIG THANK YOU!!! all you who r having problems trying to install DIRECTX 9.C listen to him. I did and i now have got rid of the 9.b which was hanging on to me like sum STI infection ;( however if u do listen to him, then u cud do wat i did and use an uninstall DX program, im an ME user :P though the program worked FINE! simply have Santrophs modified DX.C handy and away u go, my dxdiag now says 9.c. I hope this has shed sum light on people unsure as to what method to do as to obtaining 9.c. BTW -----> Youll probly want the uninstall site, which is.... http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/14/4/14-4-207.shtml

ill try an insert a URL, never dun this b4, hope it will help :S

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/14/4/14-4-207.shtml

ope that worked, neway, the programs called....

"DirectX Happy Uninstall 1.2" its clean an professional too by the looks of it. So neways adios all, thx again Santroph for ure help!

Goodluck every1, just keep lookin an ul manage it smile

"from the folder that have the DX9b install to the one that have the DX9c install."

WHAT?? I didn't get that part! It did not work!

Your solution looks very promising but i don't know where the my directx 9.0b folder is. Or where directx is located in the computer.

If you have time could you kindly rewrite it in a more user friendly method? I'm not sure if i get it.

Ok in reply to those people having trouble finding the DXB and DXC files, u probly wont find them on ure pc as one whole file each, though im not entirely sure, personally i used a P2P client, sharezza in this case to download the DX9b !REDISTRIBUTABLE! which shud b around 30 mb in size if i remember correctly, then u can get the DX9c off microsoft, also REDISTIBUTABLE VERSION, then with ure 2 files which by now shud b unpacked into seperate folders, for ease of understanding, lets call them DX9b and DX9c, take both .dlls from DX9b by coppy and paste and place them into the DX9c file by overwriting the current .dlls in there, easy! then u have ure DX9c file ready for use. First though, if u have already installed DX9c(old version) then use the uninstall method i have included in the link above. Then reastart ure pc and it shud say uninstalled dx, not sure to which version but i dont think it matters, think i took it down to about 8. However as long as it is below 9b i guess it dusnt matter. Now install the DX9c file (modified) and it shooooooooouulllllllllld work. Keep ure fingers crossed.

By the way im having to reinstall sims an im getttin a problem reinstallin cd 1 so far, it keeps stopping at 23% and not gettin further,the uninstall didnt work so i took it off manually, the install package i think it stops at is Control 1 or summit?!?! can ne1 help how i can reinstall, as ive played an got my taster now for the love of god it tortures me not to be able to play again ;(

Neway good luck all those who need the help, ill b on here checkin up from now on a bit more, please if ne1 can help me id appreciate it.

Gooday Ya all! Grammaton laugh

hi there....

Switching the .dll and setup.exe from the dx9b to the dx9c dosent work for me . the setup instal the directx9 but not the dx9c . dxdiax show again the ;( ±@¢£¤$? dx9b.

I think im gona just waiting for microsoft produce a Bran-new directx9c whit no bug !

Hi- i've tried lots of the solutions but none work for me. My direct x wob't install- it says one of the cabinet files necessary for installation cannot be trusted? Can anyone help me out?

hi i tried so many wannabe solutions to this sims2 problem which everyone seems to have and none have worked im fustrated and i wanna play my d@mn game so when someone comes up wit a sure solution pleasssssse let me know

ok... good...

Maybe the Dx9c can work whitout sp2 but everyone here , i think,

want keep sp2..

we want real solution...

Thanks

Originally posted by Grammaton:

Quote:
Ok in reply to those people having trouble finding the DXB and DXC files, u probly wont find them on ure pc as one whole file each, though im not entirely sure, personally i used a P2P client, sharezza in this case to download the DX9b !REDISTRIBUTABLE! which shud b around 30 mb in size if i remember correctly, then u can get the DX9c off microsoft, also REDISTIBUTABLE VERSION, then with ure 2 files which by now shud b unpacked into seperate folders, for ease of understanding, lets call them DX9b and DX9c, take both .dlls from DX9b by coppy and paste and place them into the DX9c file by overwriting the current .dlls in there, easy! then u have ure DX9c file ready for use. First though, if u have already installed DX9c(old version) then use the uninstall method i have included in the link above. Then reastart ure pc and it shud say uninstalled dx, not sure to which version but i dont think it matters, think i took it down to about 8. However as long as it is below 9b i guess it dusnt matter. Now install the DX9c file (modified) and it shooooooooouulllllllllld work. Keep ure fingers crossed.

By the way im having to reinstall sims an im getttin a problem reinstallin cd 1 so far, it keeps stopping at 23% and not gettin further,the uninstall didnt work so i took it off manually, the install package i think it stops at is Control 1 or summit?!?! can ne1 help how i can reinstall, as ive played an got my taster now for the love of god it tortures me not to be able to play again ;(

Neway good luck all those who need the help, ill b on here checkin up from now on a bit more, please if ne1 can help me id appreciate it.

Gooday Ya all! Grammaton laugh

I appear to have tried all posted solutions (other than reinstalling OS) and still 9.0b is listed when run Dxdiag

yet the version appears as ..-..0904 which is correct for 9.0C.

Any new developments.

[Edited by graham alderton on 2004-10-10 13:53:45]

well I have tryed all the sulutions on this forums Ive even gone so far and formated the dam harddrive and it didn´t help

winxp cd comes with sp2. Is there anyway to uninstal sp2?

Sorry for my english, but its not my mother tongue...

Ok, here goes, my pc have all the requisites ( video card, memory, etc,etc) in order to play a stupid game (yes, with such problem i call it stupid) like Sims 2 and even much bigger games than that.

First i must say that games companys should NEVER complain about illegal copys! If i had bought the game at this time i would have lost 50 bucks and thats a lot of momey in my country!

Piracy its the best way to fight against sh** like Mic**** and other companys. They only care about money, money, money and more money.

Ok, about the stupid game: because of it now i dont have dx 9c and i dont know how to do it. I tryed the ideas here in this same forum but they dont work. I only have one more idea to try: unninstall sp2. I bet that it will work because of one little reason: sp2 it was created by microsoft so...it will only bring problems.

I dont want to hear any theories. I jsut want REAL SOLUTIONS. If you have one just say it.

BTW: EA Games solution its a sh**: i even cannot find the regist of sims 2 in my pc! what the hell...

Sorry for being so mad, but i really dont like to see "great" companys commiting errors after errors....

Help help help! Please oh please.

I bought The Sims 2 over a week ago and have had no luck, just like the rest of you.

When I do the Display thingy, here is what it says:

Device

Name: NeoMagic MagicGraph256AV driver

Manufacturer: NeoMagic

Chip Type: MagicMedia256AV

DAC Type: MagicMedia256AV

Approx. Total Memory: 2.5 MB

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (16Hz)

Monitor: Default Monitor

Drivers

Main Driver: neo20xx.dll

Version: 5.31.0000.0000 (English)

Date: 12/7/1999 12:43:36

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Mini VDD: neo20xx.sys

VDD: n/a

DDI Version: unknown

DirectX Features

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled (Button: Disable Button: Test DirectDraw)

Direct3D Acceleration: Not Available

AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available

Notes

No problems found.

To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.

Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Okay, I don't know what a word of that means. If anyone can translate, that'd be terrific.

I tried a few of the "solutions" and they simply didn't work. I tried reinstalling DirectX like 4 times... I installed nVidia once... I did the thing EA suggested... I need a solution... I'm out 50 bucks.

I'd appreciate ANY help that can be offered. And keep in mind... talk to me like I am 4 years old. I don't understand a bunch of jargon. lol smile Sorry.

Originally posted by playmisti4moi:

Quote:
Help help help! Please oh please.

I bought The Sims 2 over a week ago and have had no luck, just like the rest of you.

When I do the Display thingy, here is what it says:

Device

Name: NeoMagic MagicGraph256AV driver

Manufacturer: NeoMagic

Chip Type: MagicMedia256AV

DAC Type: MagicMedia256AV

Approx. Total Memory: 2.5 MB

Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (16Hz)

Monitor: Default Monitor

Drivers

Main Driver: neo20xx.dll

Version: 5.31.0000.0000 (English)

Date: 12/7/1999 12:43:36

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Mini VDD: neo20xx.sys

VDD: n/a

DDI Version: unknown

DirectX Features

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled (Button: Disable Button: Test DirectDraw)

Direct3D Acceleration: Not Available

AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available

Notes

No problems found.

To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.

Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Okay, I don't know what a word of that means. If anyone can translate, that'd be terrific.

I tried a few of the "solutions" and they simply didn't work. I tried reinstalling DirectX like 4 times... I installed nVidia once... I did the thing EA suggested... I need a solution... I'm out 50 bucks.

I'd appreciate ANY help that can be offered. And keep in mind... talk to me like I am 4 years old. I don't understand a bunch of jargon. lol smile Sorry.

Well according to the information that you have provided. Your graphics card is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr below the specifications required by the Sims 2. From what I've been able to discover your graphics card doesn't support Direct3D (Well at least the version required by Sims 2). Mabye if you regressed all the way back to DirectX6/7 then you may have some Direct3D support but obviously doing that won't fix Sims 2. Heck, I'd be suprised if the Sims 1 even played on that thing. Is this a laptop? If so then you may be SOL...unless The Sims 2 can be run in DirectDraw.

Yes, now that you speak on that....i cannot uninstall my SP" because he came with my windows!

Is there any chance to get ride of it?

I´ve been trying but i dont see how can i do it...

Other problem: i am not able to uninstall sims 2 too. If i click on the "uninstall" option that came with the game nothing will happen.

In theother hand, if i try to uninstall with the control panel, "remove programs", etc it will not work too.

If i try the EA games solution, by trying to remove the sims 2 regist from my pc, it will not work (i cant even find the regist! even if i follow step by step their direcyions)!

About directx i have followed one tip that someone here on the forumgave to us: create 2 folders, one with dx 9b and other with 9c. Then you will copy paste 3 given files, from the 9b to the 9c. You will be asked if you want to replace the files etc, and you put "yes". Then you try to reinstall dx 9c again. Wellm in the begining i thought that i was lucky, because it was not the typcal «ultra-quick» installation.

No, this time i could saw that the components were being installed, but when i made reset to computer (to finish the install) and i went into dxdiag in the "Run" button, the pc were still detecting the 9b!! ARghhh!! Nothing works!

DO o have any help for this specif problems (uninstall sims, etc)?

thanks

I think the problem is service pack 2.

This worked for me:

My windows xp comes with sp2 I couldn´t find any way to uninstal sp2. So i aguired winxp disk with sp1.

Formated the hardrive installed winxp with sp1 then I installed directx 9.0c and then sp2.

Now the dxdiag says:

DirectX version: DirectX Version 9.0c (working uje)

And now Sims 2 works.

until microsoft releases a patch or somekind of a fix. This is the only way that worked for me.

I have posted a fix for this problem if people wish to try it.

It involves uninstalling DirectX and reinstalling a modded version of v9.0c

It works fine for me so other might aswell give it a try before doing such extreme things as reinstall windows.

the download is about 33mb as it includes the redist pack of DirectX. Also included is a program to get rid of DirectX.

http://www.smdpromotions.co.uk/sims2_directx_fix.rar

Originally posted by mdpiyano:

Quote:
guys.. I have the same problem with the sims 2 and directx 9.0c

used the old ati catalyst won't help, so does the new 4.9 so still can't run the game. search all over the net but it seems theres a lot of solution but not one got the game running.

I've got sp2 but dxdiag shows that its 9.0b

no one knows the solution? other than reinstalling the OS/sp/dx which some claim to solve the problem???

You could try reinstalling SP2. SP2 includes DirectX 9.0c