Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Neus

hey dan.. lol, another problem...

java hates me frown ive tried everythin u said... not work (i replaced ur /opt/ with my /root/ cause my /opt/ folder didnt have it. frown stupid java (note: i did not say stupid linux wink its the java plugin and stupid mozilla causing problems.. mostly the java plugin)

*Edit*

I noticed flash which is working, has two files in the plugin folder...

flashplayer.so

flashplayer.xpt

but java only has

libjavaplugin_oji.so

do i need a

libjavaplugin_oji.xpt

;( ;(

oh well... ill sit here and play astroids till you respond ...

My ~/.mozilla/plugins directory doesn't have libjavaplugin_oji.xpt and everything works. I don't know for Mandrake, you could try it. By the way, that last set of directions for ns610-gcc32 I forgot to change it to use it from /root instead of /opt. There should be another j2sdk_nb directory somewhere else in your files. I have one in /root but also in opt. Does a ...

locate j2sdk_nb [enter]

only turn up only one for you in /root?

Oh well, it will still work from the /root directory if that is the only place Mandrake put it, and you have permissions changed to :

chmod 755 -R j2sdk_nb

in /root.

nope... doesnt work.. ive tried doing all that.... can i log in as root in kde, then copy the file and put it into opt? will this open it up to all users nomatter what?

OK, I've found this and it is essentially the same directions I gave, only he gives how to create the symlink from the command line. It could be I'm not being clear or have not translated something well. Check this link out and try it. I would redo the java install and when it asks for where to put it, I would put it in /opt. At any rate, his description on how to do it should add understanding. smile

i decided to start from the top and download the file again.. brb...

nope... didnt work...

ok.. how do i get rid off all the previous plugins ive attempted to install?? plus, which directory to i put the plugin in... ive got like 100 of em...

i have

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

/usr/lib/mozilla-1.4/plugins

/home/neus/.mozilla/plugins

/root/.mozilla/plugins

those are the ones i could find... which one!!!?? and how do i uninstall all the extra ones i dont need?

ok, ive been looking in each folder, and /usr/mozilla-1.4/ one looks the most like the real place... it has all the mozilla files in it too... the /home/neus/.mozilla is empty cept plugins, the /root/.mozilla is the same as the /home/ one and the usr/lib/mozilla/plugins... whatya know, the same pretty much....

so im guessing to /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4/plugins?? only problem is, its already there... and it wont let me copy over it...

oh yeh, im moving back to the states, so we are switching to a hotel while the packers finish off our house. i dont know how often i will get internet once there, and if it will be on this laptop.. soo yeh... i might be able to check at least 1nce a day for bout one hours worth... nyways, im goin to bed... see if you can solve anything... wink ill be able to check agian in the morning till the movers come... which i dont know when they come.. cya.. oh yeh.. it could be that i wont show up again on this forum till after jan 1st when im back in the states...

You can delete all those libjavaplugin_oji.so by cding as root to the respective directories, then do:

rm libjavaplugin_oji.so [enter]

If you have a link to libjavaplugin_oji.so in your /home/Neus/.mozilla

directory that is a link to:

/root/j2sdk_nb/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/ libjavaplugin_oji.so

and the permissions are set right, there is absolutely no reason I'm aware of why it shouldn't work. How are you testing it? After making the symlink, go here and tell me if you see a steaming cup of "java" in the upper left hand corner of the map followed by a animated "loop"

8) laughlaugh

IT WORKS!!!

and i know why... ok, i was having problems whenever i tried to delete the one back in /home/neus/.mozilla/plugins.... i couldnt delete it via the window... so i left it there... but it was the version that didnt work (wasnt the whatever610-gcc whatever one) so then i just had to go in delete it from the konsole, then ln it back in with the proper file... also i switched the /root/ directory one and reinstalled it to /usr/lib/ to make access easier... and i deleted the root one... (yeh i know i was goin to bed.. i got bored of going to bed and decided to get back on ;))

Hoooray!!! We did it! (It wasn't pretty, but we did it!). The big thing is, you learned a great deal about how Linux works in the process! Congratulations! I suggest you take a break from this type stuff for a while... The next time you do something in Linux, you'll have a great deal of understanding behind you! Good Luck! laugh