Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RattDawg

Det 5.16 WIN2K

I've been playing with them for one hour now.

Seem OK. Need to do some benchmarking tomorrow.

SMP not yet enabled (usual Q3A crash) frown

Well I tested them out on my system and they did the same thing that the 5.14 drivers did. As soon as I installed them the machine booted into the black screen. Removed them in safe mode and went back to 5.13 and everything was fine. Seems to be an issue with my mobo (dfi pa61) or my processor (p3 600) Not sure which but I hope this isnt a preview of things to come!

Later...

RattDawg

Everything seems to be working fine for me appart from the sims.

I can t get into the game..

Well I was just writing to say that the drivers work fine for me, but I had forgotten to try UT. So I did. And they worked. But then I exited the game and got a black screen. Stuff was still running, I told it to shut down (win-key, up arrow, enter, enter) so I know it wasn't dead, just a blank screen. So for me, at least, it runs with all my games (Halflife, Q3, UT, Sims, Messiah) it just doesn't like to quit playing I guess. Of course, this may be kinda inaccurate since I'm still using my old faithful TNT.

PII/450 overclocked to 500

256 mb RAM

Asus P2B Motherboard

TNT (Canopus Spectra 2500)

MX300

some network stuff and a modem

some harddrives and a DVD-ROM

yep, those 5.16 drivers work ok for me, well sorta, i was running UT in OpenGL, but it doesn't wokr no more so i had to go back to D3D and that worked ok.

Dave

-------------

PIII 500

MSI 6156

128Mb Ram

GeForce 256 (Elsa Erazor X)

blah blah blah

etc etc....

My system:

Celeron 466@525

Viper v770 tnt2 32mb

W2k

64mb ram(yeah i know its not enough but im waiting for the memory price to drop).

I was dissapointed with w2k because whatever i do, it runs games slower than win98. I tried the 375, 378, 384, and all the other drivers for my tnt2 but cant find one that's the same speed as win98. Until the 516 detonator driver was released. I tried it out and..wow..all my games like UT and Q3 runs the same speed as win98!!!!!!

Other people with tnt2s please comment on this driver.

The 5.16s work great for my TNT2 Ultra. CS seems a lot smoother than with the 5.14s. That's all I play so I can't comment on any other games.

Yeah finnally solved the prob with the black screen. VIAAGP.SYS file from Tom's hardware fixed me right up. Now it seems that the 5.16 run alot smoother and more stable than 5.13 (never tried 5.14 per via prob) Nvidia seems to get better with each beta. Half Life and NFS 5 never ran better!

Later....

RattDawg

i dont seem to have any luck with any of the newer versions of the the w2k drivers on my Viper770u.

all the 2d apps seem to work fine but when i start up halflife either i get a black screen or with the newest 5.16 all i get is like 30fps when i normally get 80+

p3-550e o/c 733

TnT2u viper770u

256mb ram

soyo 6ba+iv mobo

These drivers gives me great FPS in games, no lock-ups. But, I have the same problem as I've had with alle the other 5.x drivers, some of the textures in Half-Life (blood, bulletholes etc) are flickering etc.

So, I'm going back to 3.x. Anyone who knows how to fix this?

I tried the 5.16, but along with my sound card HalfLife was unplayable. It is the only game I tried though. I have a Vortex2 based sound card and all the sounds in HL were very choppy. I haven't wanted to go through the pains to update to the beta sound drivers so there might not be a problem with them and the Det 5.16. My system is a PII 350, 192MB, TNT, and Aureal Vortex2 sound.

i havent tested openGL yet but ever since the "5" releases it has ceased to work.

My half life dont work either with these new dreiveers. Try loading game, says it requires 16 bit desktop. My desktop is at 32bit, anduse to work.. When I change to 16 bit, same thing

Any Ideas?

What is your system specs and your open gl settings in the display properties? That may help someone answer your question. : )

Later...

RattDawg

Windows 2000 pro

5.16 nividia drivers

creative labs tnt2 ultra

setting for open gl in display properties:

Only 2 with "x's" are Enable buffer reginon and allow the dual planes extensions to use local video memory. Default color depth for textures: use desktop

Buffer flipping mode: auto select

Vertical sync: on by default

Use 5 megs of system memory for textures in PCI mode.

Hmmm thats the same settings Im using, only Im running an Annilater Pro. But Ive heard that the problems can be the same with a TNT 2. Are you running an Intel or VIA chipset? Ive got VIA and had all kinds of problems untill I found a fix.

Later...

RattDawg

Oh Jo...I forgot to ask but are you runnig duel monitors. Ive got a freind that was running a Creative TNT 2 Ultra as his primary display and was getting this exact message although not sure how he fixed it.

Later...

RattDawg

Running a celeron 366 oc'ed to 550

NEVER happened before these 5.16 drivers went on. Very strange