Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

I don't mean to piss everyone off..........

e^1=2.718281828

e^2=7.389056099

e^3=20.08553692

e^4=54.59815003

Do you see where this is going...?

-bZj

I tought about putting this in hardware, but decided not to.

This is one of the P4 laucnh pages: http://www.intel.com/pentium4/launch/gaming.htm?&iid=P4PLaunchFlash+002&

Check out either of these files [same, but 1st is Real, 2nd is WMP]. Try and count how many times this guy say "um". You can't do it. There are too many to count. http://stream1.iims.intelonline.com/ViewWeb/IAMO/File/02_universe_28100.rm http://stream1.iims.intelonline.com/ViewWeb/IAMO/File/02_universe_28100.asx

-bZj

i is an imaginary number. "Imaginary numbers", also known as "complex numbers"are those who have a real part, and a imaginary one.

So, given a number like this:

4+ i9

Will mean that the real part is 4, and the imaginary will be 9.

Imaginary numbers can be represented in polar and cartesian forms.

so, if 4+ i9 is a Z imaginary number, then Z=|Z|·cos(argument)i+isin(argument), where the argument is (angle+2·pi·n)).

We could see them as a kind of vectors (R,i)

the cosinus would be the real part, and the sinus would be the imaginary part. The module, which is the hipotenusa, is sqrt(x^2+y^2).

Imaginary numbers are usefull in areas like mathemathics, and electronics, where they are a nice tool to solve sinosuidal circuits.

I may have made a mistake in my explanation, , because I still have problems at mathematics, but more or less, this is a short explanation about imaginary numbers.

[This message has been edited by someone_nt (edited 26 November 2000).]

(from the "OMG! Where are the postings? " thread)

Quote:

CM:

Hardware has only 5326 postings . Where are the other 8000 postings?

In the "I don't mean to piss everyone off.........." thread.

-----------------

Regards,

clutch

jdulmage:

exactly...

WOW! This thread is famous!!!

wow..let's bring up old news...you are so desperate that you have to save my posts?

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 30 November 2000).]

I just thought of something, I could go back to post #1 of this thread, and edit what I said, and this would make absolutely no sense to anybody that just arrives new onto this forum....

Haha, if you do that I'll bet Down8 will post his link at least once aday laugh

Down8, thanks for sharing. I had forgot how funny that post was !

// Toby

he can go ahead and post that all he wants, he is just branding the name "immature" to himself. He has some sort of a psychological problem in his mind or something, where as he hunts me down and loves me so much, he starts to save my posts. I mean, if you need help or something, I will talk to you or find you a number to a spe[censored]t that can help your problem. Just ask and it will be done for you.

Damn, I never read that post. That's an interesting view on troubleshooting...

wink

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Please, help me, I need help.

I never meant to harr*** you JDul. When I arrived at this board, they were still making fun of you for that DOS comment [you've obviously grow since then]. I searched out this comment, and saved it show to a friend of mine - yes, people are mean and like to make fun of other people to make them selves feel better - it was funny. I still had it on my harddrive, and in the interest of history, I threw it up on my server just for this post. I'm not taking it down, but I won't ever post it again. Just use it as a reminder that you were wrong once, and could be again.

-bZj

yeah, that's understandable enough...I'm glad that you said something. Forget it never happened....

I'm trying to give the best answers to any questions that I find here, sometimes I'm bias, but it's usually with Whistler vs. other windows operating system. I don't know, it just seems that it has taken me by storm and I have learned a lot about it.

Anyways, sorry about this....

Let's write a story....

I'll start:

"This one time, at band camp,..."

-bZj