Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pimpin_228

battle of the computers

Well, as my VP6 has lost one of the IDE controllers, and the fact that I'm not using the overclocking features anyway, I got the SuperMicro P3TDDE today. I haven't had the chance to install it, but that's one of the things I plan to do later tonight after work (groan). I like getting my tax rebate:D

i am eating chicken,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, fried too mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and a drink from seven elevenmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

7-11's in the UK, but I tried one when I was living/working in Toronto for 6 months.

Happy days..:P

Well, I guess I have to get into the game.. hehehe

P 4 2.0GHZ (runs 2180MHZ)

Geforce 3 TI 200 frown (want geforce 4 4600)

512MB RDRAM

80 GB HD 7200 on ATA-100 (actually rather silent)

Soundblaser Live 5.1

17" TFT Fujitsu Siemens (dont remember the model, 7071 i think?)

DVD (not sure on speed, I guess 16x or more)

16x10x40 CDRW burner... Lite On

Runs with WinXP PRO.

Got 6540 points when using Nvidia 23,11 drivers (the best so far as I tested) in 3D benchmark 2001se. www.madonion.com to download if you like.

/Helshad

OK heres my new "rig" (man i hate that word, makes it sound like a truck or something).

AMD k6-2-300mhz, 128mb, 40gb hdd, savage4. I think youll agree that its a pretty damn powerful machine, and scores a blistering 200 3dmarks. Beat that!

The box (better than "rig" ;)) in your sig looks like it would be better, so I am getting the impression that you are hogging up all the high-end hardware from your area. Are you trying to build a supercomputer out there?

It was only 1 year ago that i only had a AMDK6-2 500Mhz with a savage3d 8mb video card an 128MB RAM. Then i bought Max-Payne and thought "maybe i need an upgrade, just a maybe" smile. Was a damn good machine though.

hey i got a best of a machine for you all

celeron 466,128 megs of pc100, 6 gig quatuam, no cd rom, intel mobo,

4 meg onbaord rage ati video, better isa modem, and a broken floppy,

hey it gets my parents on the intenet

The "rig" in my sig is my main gaming machine, runs quake III arena at 0.2fps + so i cant complain, and get this....the cpu even needs a cooling fan 8)

Clutch i dunno what you mean 'high-end' hardware, if an s3+voodoo combo isnt considered high end i dunno what is confused

Quote:

hmmm i learned a lesson today, do not try putting on clear coat under the influence of bud.

Sound advice smile

has anyone else downloaded the ut 2 video that was posted on the home page of ntcompatible. i did and i am impressed with it so far looks damn good to me. epecially the when dude picks up the gun. the flank cannon i belive i havn't played ut in a ehile so it's hard to remmeber but anyways and the rain drops look good also

Best thing about that vid was when he shot the dude on top of the tower and he falls down and hits stuff on the way. Game looks fantastic, doom 3 will have to be something special to beat this by the look of it. go unreal! yeah!

that is a good point carbine. i did like that also when the dude fell the way he hit stuff on the way down looked good or when he shot the dummies i guess you would call them

BTW, anyone happen to know if its opengl or direct3d? I really hope its GL.

Quote:

I think you'll have enough space now smile

I hope so
I have been suffering with this dell mid tower since november
I love the tower but it is too small for this rig and I need to sell it to get back some money on the $480 I just spent on the 80 gig drives and the case.

sticking with maxtor cause they have never failed me

i am going to be putting the drives in raid 0 to do some video editing for a friend then i am going to break the array and use the drives for storage.