Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shrink

Liveware 2000 beta for Win2k HERE

When I try the setup file it doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

I have:

Lw2kdsk1.lib

Lw2kdsk2.lib

Lw2kdsk3.lib

Lw2kdrv.lib

Setup.exe

It starts to do a setup and then just dies. I knwo I am not the only person with this problem.

Thanks.

Mine does same

100% extract then does nothing

looking in processes there is a setup.exe but not in applications or anything on screen

Just wait...

It takes a while to get it's sh1t together...

------------------

SuperMicro P6DBS (dual UW-SCSI) BIOS 2.2, 2*Celery 300a @ 450Mhz, 384MB PC100 RAM

SCSI-A=4.3Gb+9Gb, SCSI-B=Tosh32x CD-ROM, Yamaha4416 CD-RW, Iomega ZIP100, IDE1=4.3Gb

IBM EtherJet 10/100 NIC PCI + Nortel ADSL "modem"

Matrox G400 DH 32Mb AGP + Quantum3D Voodoo2 SLI PCI (CL TNT1 AGP on a shelf)

SoundBlaster Live PCI (not Value)

Win2K build 2195 Retail (not 120-day eval)

For those people that couldn't get these drivers to work, what kind of soundcard do you have? I have a 512 Voice, not a Live or Live Value. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Heifetz

I have the same problem with it not loading anything. Even after 3 min I ctrl-alt-del it and doesn't even show up as running. Oh well guess i'll wait for the real thing and a fresh reinstall of everything.

Yep, I left it run for over 30 minutes and nothing ever happened. Oh well, we will have legit drivers in a couple of weeks.

I can wait.

Ive now left it for 2 hours and nothing smile

In applications, nothing shows but in "processes" it shows setup.exe

Nothing happens though

Card is a SB Live

Umm yes it stops : ( there's not even a readme and no setup.exe in the setup folder, something we kinda need for a setup to run.

Hmmm... wonder what your guys' systems all have in common. If you make sure you empty out your \documents and settings\(username)\local settings\temp dir all the files should decompress automatically into that directory (as do all of creative's packaged drivers and software) and then the registration screen comes up (which you can cancel), and then after 10 seconds or so while the entire 15 meg archive unloads into that temp dir under a directory called lw2k, the main setup for liveware 2000 comes up. You can even watch your temp dir as it is happening and copy the files, if you want, and try to install them without going through the decompression (making sure you reboot first). Good luck :-)

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

No good luck again, these damn drivers make my computer reboot just before the login !!!

I don't know what to do ?!?!?!

Someone has overcome this prob ?

I had to reinstall sblive basic wdm ;o(

Please help ?

ANd for the trouble of decompression. Rename the files .lib to .exe and exec them

WareWolf

Did you guys happen to have Outlook open? Or for that matter any MAPI client? For whatever reason the 2K implementation seriously messes up Install Shield.

Plus, these things aren't even official betas; they were leaked from somewhere, so there are bound to be quality issues.

I have noticed a few odd bugs. Occasionally the drivers will flush the DMA buffers that will cause the sound to skip. I would guess it happens every 10 or so minutes. The jump is barely noticeable, probably 1-2 seconds.

ok i am curious if anyone else has this problem. even when i was using the drivers that came with win2k i was gettin a static noise when i would right or left click on any menu's or icons while am playing music or some other sounds. the same thing is occurrin when i installed the liveware 2000 drivers. it gets really annoying.

I've got the Dell drivers and I've got the CL drivers (15 Mb package)

They do not work here. I've got Windows 2000 Advanced Server installed. When I start the computer I get a blue screen, fault in emu10k1f.sys. frown

My computer is a PII 450, Asus P2B-S, 192 Mb ram, Matrox G200, 2x Voodoo2, 2 IDE drives and some SCSI stuff.

My Live Value is an old one(I bought it 1 year ago), not the Player 1024, it has only got 2 speak outs, 1 line in and 1 mic in.

I need help!

After Installation of the dell pack & the other inf. make my systems reboot before i pass the login.....(?)

i had to reinstall my old drivers.. frown

plz help me!

==========================================

Cel. 300A@450

GA6BXS128MBPc100

DiamondViper550 AGP

Soundblaster Live Value

Win2k Build 2195 Retail

rough instruction on how to fix SBLIVE driver BSOD prob:

the following is entirely stream of conciousness typing.... i NEED coffee!

You will need to physically remove you SB live card to do this right.

you must delete all windows drivers for the SB live.

W2K needs to think that the new drivers are the only drivers on you system for the sblive.

have you deleted the oem.inf's that contain driver data for the sblive?

make sure to delete ctmm32.dll and devcon32.dll from Winnt/system32, otherwise you will get BSOD no matter what. you then put your sb live in your puter, when it pops up looking for drivers point it towards the modified wdl10k1.inf file in the english/wdmdrv directory(for the modified DELL drivers), without yet rebooting, then run the setup. reboot.

now you should be good.

if setup is not running, just LOOONG pause that doesn't do anything, try installing that microsoft compatibilty patch, it seemed to fix it for me... or maybe it was deleting all the built in SBLIVE drivers... heck try both smile it CAN be DONE, i had all the problems people have complained about but it now ALL works..

e-mail me for more detailed Instrucions.

tweaked

i am more helpful when i am concious.

tweaked@kc-primary.net

It WORKS !! I've reinstalled Windows 2000 Advanced Server, and first I wanted to check if a clean install would help. And yes, now AHQ runs perfectly. Thanx for all the help !! I don't know exactly what caused the blue screen, but maybe it were my new Aspi drivers. smilesmile

But know I can take FULL advantage of my SB Live!

yes i'd like to be able to delete the ctmm32 and devcon32 but it say its in use access denied

i cant delete it from dos cos i have ntfs and ive tried both ntfsdos and ntfsdos professional they where no help

OK, For all you guys who get stuck at the install screen. Delete the instances of your previous installation of SBLIVE in the add/remove control panel. Browse the HD in the Program Files/creative folder, delete the entire creative folder. If you cant delete it cause something is in use. Ctrl-alt-del, and go to system processes. End the process that is in use (the file that wont delete). After it is deleted, start regedit. (start/run/regedit) browse to HKEY_current_user\software\. Find Creative tech, delete the folder. OK now you should be clean of Liveware. Something that may help, disable map through the soundcard. (control pane\sounds and multimedia\hardware\sblive\properties\audio devices\sblive wave device. Now, enable show hidden files in the folder options. brows to C:\documents and settings\(user)\local settings\temp. Delete any junk you find. Install liveware. it should work. Here's where i get stuck, upon rebooting, the system gets to login screen, then restarts, making and endless boot cycle. I believe this has to do with a bad .inf file. To get back on track, but only with MS's crappy .inf. go into safe mode (f8 at screen). control panel\system\hardware\ find the sblive, update the driver, choose the lower option, and reinstall the old MS .inf. reboot, and all is well, but no 4 speaker support, and for me liveware doesnt work anyways

then go here...and then there.....click your heels 3 times and BOOM!!