Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Avalance

3.69 drivers doesn't VERY unstable.... :/

The topic should have been:

3.69 drivers are VERY unstable.... smirk

Direct3D and AGP are enabled, but no games work with the 3.69 drivers! RolCage just exits, and Unreal Tournament resets the computer...

Have anyone else noticed this..?

I'm using ASUS GeForce Deluxe.

Btw: Where did you guys find these drivers..? They weren't on nVIDIA's homepage...

------------------

//Albin Rangefelt (aka Lord Avalance) - albin@torget.se

[This message has been edited by Avalance (edited 18 January 2000).]

Although it still have lots of problem on my Windows 2000 (2195), it is by far one of the best driver that I have tried after so many different driver installed.

Still have no clue why sometimes it just hang my 3d shooting game

These latest drivers don't work one bit. If I use anything that accesses direct draw or direct3d then my computer will just restart and say something about attempting to write to Nonpaged area and mentions something about ntoskernel. I hate these drivers but I like how Nvidia is always working on new ones and that they have finally got AGP enabled.

At least Drakan, which worked fine with 3.66 doesn´t work anymore with 3.69. Other games I haven´t tested.

Have fun!

Llion

I´ve often read that you have to completely deinstall the old TNT drivers before you install new ones. Since my 3.96 don´t work (at least with Drakan) I would like to know how to perform a complete deinstallation of the old 3.66. Isn´t it enough to simply deinstall it in the device manager?

Thanks in advance

Llion

The reason the new 3.69 drivers dont work in UT, is cause it uses D3D 6.0 not D3D 7.0. Just download the new Beta D3D DLL for UT.

Get it here: http://unreal.epicgames.com/files/d3ddrv.dll

Why it isnt working with other D3D games, I don't know, probably the same reason. Just go back to Detonator 3.66 for win2k or wait for a fix for your game. Now, if could just get Live!Ware 3.0 to work...

------------------

Mr Marbles

bremvag@online.no

Hey Mr. Marbles I don't want to call u an idiot, but UT shipped on DX7, it's on the friggin disk. It uses D3D 7.0, the original demo was on d3d 6.0 and hell the original unreal was on dx5(although it had no D3D support). Anyway the 3.69 drivers are buggy because they are buggy, I get texture curruption in Freespace2(written for dx6), and 3dmark2k(written for dx7). Anyway, time to start lookin for the 3.70 drivers.

Actually this is the best working release for me, I started out w/ 3.53 then on to 3.55, 3.56, 3.64, 3.65, 3.66, 3.68 and now 3.69. Games that didn't work on previous versions now work i.e. Descent 3. So far I have gotten the following games to run: Quake III Arena, Unreal Tournament, Rogue Spear, Star Wars: Phantom Menace, Descent 3, etc. My biggest problem is getting my DOS/Win95 based Gravis Firebird2 Control Center software to work (Man I love that stick!) I have a K6-2/450, 160Mb PC100 SDRAM, V770 TNT2, SBLive! Value (wished Live!Ware 3.0 worked) and 13Gb Maxtor 33UDMA. Running Windows 2000 Version 5.0 (Build 2195)