Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kiwi

Might and Magic 7 & 8 not running

sebbal@coole-files.de

can someone plz send the file to this adress?

thx

HI!!!??!?!??!!

Lets see???!!!

I've searched for that damn mm7setup.sdb file with no luck but after a little swearing and fixing i made mm7 work.

BUT!!!!!!!....

i didnt make it work on the best graphic and i want to play with the best graphic on ;( !!so SAD!!!

This is exactly what i did to make it work:

1. I kicked on the computer and threw my keyboard out the window.(JOKE)!?!?!?!??!

2.I opened the MM7Setup and clicked on disable 3D sound and Software 3D.

3.I started the game and it worked!!!?!??!?!

BUt i want to use better graphic so if someone have that damn mm7setup.sdb file... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wmail ME!!!?!?!?!?!??!!??!

Sweden_head@hotmail.com

8) THE_GLITCH 8)

I tried downloading the file you made, but with no success (mm7setup.sdb).

I also tried changing the compatability modes with no success. I have XP Pro with DX9 and have had no success running the game.

If anyome has the mm7setup.sdb file, please email it to me @ s106565@students.ntu.edu.au or crazyme51@yahoo.com

To those who can't find the file:

Right click and "Save As" on the link given on one of the posts. Then, choose All Files as the file type and add the .sdb extension to the file name. Once you have done this, you can install the patch.

However, it still didn't help me, I still can't run the game.

Hi. When I try to install might and magic 7 it says directx failed. But I already have version 9.0c. Can Anyone help me?

I have no clue what to do.

Thx IcyMikey

Could someone please e-mail me that mm7setup.sdb file to the following adress

LukeSkystalker@hotmail.com

Hi,dudes. Can anybody help me and send me 4kb file too ? plz a

lot. My E-mail is Coolman66@seznam.cz

Hi all,

ok, ive read all the messages in the forum and I still cannot get MM7 to work. Im using windows XP and when I try and run MM7 i get a direct draw error and then the screen freezes. I get jumbled letters when trying to DL the minnow patch. I have installed DirectX 9 and microsoft application toolbar 3.0 but nothing changed. The option to disable the 3d sound is greyed out and will not let me select the option. I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall the game but it didnt help. Can someone please give me some guidance.

Thanks,

D

I installed the .sdb patch and ran mm7.exe and this is what I got:

AppName: mm7.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: mm7.exe

ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000d5af6

Any ideas how to fix this?

Im in fullscreen, software 3D, disabled 3D audio.

I don't know if I'm having the same problem. I have this problem that I can see the intro movie but once it hits the 'main screen' the game locks up and I can't see any of the choices. I've played this game before, but now I can't! Mrr.

It's the same for MM6 and 7.

can somebody please send me the files i need to play in xp, i desperatly need them

Reptant_16@hotmail.com

Hey guys,

I was having the same problem along with the smacker error and all sorts of other direct 3d initiation problems even when using software mode and 3d sound disabled. I could enter the game start creating my party but then the smacker thing happened. The thing that worked for me is setting the windows colors to 16 bit instead of 32. Viola all is solved. I also did downlaod the microsoft compatibility toolkit 3.0 but dun think i really needed that. gl.

for me nothin works frown

i get error(smacker) after 3do logo over and out and nothin helps

I found the Easiest way to fix this.... seeing as even though I got the file... an I installed it numerous times... NO matter what I did, it would not work... I even turned down my Resolution....

so here is the Easy fix...

1:Restart your Computer in Command Prompt...

2:in the command line type FDISK

3:Create a 5.0 Gigabyte Partition

4:Install Windows 98 SE

5:Install Direct X 8.0b

6:Install the Game

7:play and Enjoy

Hey,

Can someone get me that mm7setup.sdb file. That would be great.

WitsDB43@yahoo.com

I have win Xp. I have more than the requirements to play the game. The game is so old the it reads 1.5 Gb as 1.5 Mb and fails the ram test. It won't work when I play it unless I set compatability for older windows. When this is done though the sound echoes. It does this for might and magic 6-9. Is there any way to fix that?

My girlfriend has the same OS but much slower computer the ram reads in Mb and it passes test fine and plays perfectly with no sound disortion and without changing compatability. Is there anyway to change settings on system requirements so it knows it's Gb and not Mb? Or at least reads mine as 1500Mb instead of 1.5Gb ?

Still having problems with M&MVIII on Windows XP!

Okay guys, I have tried all the previous suggestions to try to get this game to work but it wont play ball.

Just comes up with 'has encountered problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience! Yes I am sure it is.

I have tried up[censored] my driver for my videocard which is a 128mb Radeon 9200 series. This didn't work!

I think it may just be a Windows XP problem but it is frustrating and there has to be a solution.

C'mon you tech gurus out there, please assist.

At least with my XBox you never have these problems, but unfortunately, some of the best games are on the PC!

I have just bought the might and magic plantuim version games 6,7,8,9. My problem is I can not get Might and Magic 8 to work. Can some one help me, please?

HI ,

I really want to play MM7 but its not working in win xp

can someone send me the file mm7setup.sdb to the address:

theone318@walla.com

ill be greatful

tnx laugh

i really want to play MM7 but its not working in win xp

can someone send me the file mm7setup.sdb to the address: Funny_ronni@hotmail.com

For those of you who cannot get the compatibility file, you can create one yourself:

1) Download and install the Application Compatibility Kit from Microsoft

2) Run Compatibility Administrator

3) In the tree on the left, under Applications, find Might and Magic VII. Right click it and say "Copy"

4) Scroll down to the bottom of the tree to New Database(1) [untitled_1]

5) Right click on it and paste. You should see Might and Magic VII under it. Go to File->Save in the menu. Call the database mm7. Click ok. Browse to the folder with might and magic 7 (c:\Program Files\3DO\Might and Magic VII for example) and save.

6) Right click on what is mm7 now with the path (was New Database(1) [untitled_1]) and click Install.

7) Now everytime you run MM7.exe and MM7Setup.exe, it will use the compatibility fix.

Incidentally, to get mine to work, I needed to put Software Rendering AND Disable Accelerated 3D Sound by running mm7setup.exe. Furthermore, I needed to turn off compatibility mode for both applications (i.e. don't put Windows 95 mode).

Hope that helps,

Steve

Thanks Steve, I tried your solution, unfortunately there are no Might and Magic games in that long alphabetical list of games in the tree on the left in Compatibility Administrator. Did you see M&M there sometime in the past?

I'm trying to run M&M7 on Win2000 and I've tried every suggested fix on this thread so far, except for a new partition, which will be my last resort. M&M8 coming next week, hope I have better luck. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated...

M&M7 used to work for me also, and now it doesn't, even with Win98. It's strange. The fact that many others seem to have experienced the same "worked but then it didn't" thing makes me wonder if the problem lies in one of the recent Windows updates we all probably have installed.

Don