Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cryodude

WinXP 'nv4_disp.dll' Infinite Loop Crash

I have found on Guru3d.com

i have put AGP*4 back and infinit loop frownfrown

i keep AGP *2

The 23.11 drivers are actually an official nVidia release, so you can get them from the nVidia website.

Been using them for a couple of days now, no infinite loops yet laugh

Rgds

AndyF

Andy ! frown can you write your hardware config please to compare to mine...

The 23.11 say it's unofficial nVidia release when XP try to install frown

Actually I think you'll find it's just not CERTIFIED. They are official release drivers because they are on Nvidias own site!

The error in XP is just to tell you that microsoft haven't certified it (big whoop).

Interesting. I've never seen this error on my machine. I'm having trouble telling by reading the thread... is it so far only NVidia boards that are having the problem? I've got a voodoo5, KT7 MB, AMD 750 processor and it seems rock steady. The only blue screens I've seen since installing have been from ejecting the CD too early after installing something (IE Please put CD-ROM vol # blahblahblah back in the drive)...

It seems to really only happen on FULL AGP cards, such as any nvidia agp card, or an ati agp card etc.

A 3dfx card is basically a fast PCI card, and so doesn't seem to be open to the same problem.

That makes sense. I knew about the 3dfx cards being AGP in form factor only smile.

I wonder if XP will have these troubles on my other machine (#9 Revolution 4, Voodoo II).

Yes, I apparently have a knack for picking products from companies that go out of business / get bought out frown.

Seems to be a problem that occured AFTER I used the automatic Windows Update. I have used XP a couple of months before (build 2600) with the 12.41 drivers (even 12.90): I had NO problems...

Yesterday I installed XP again, ran the Updater, installed some stuff and put the 23.11 on it. BAM: BSOD within 10 seconds after reboot.

I have a GF2-MX400 Asus, btw. I installed the 12.41 afterwards, the PC hanged, no BSOD but just froze at some point.

i remembered back when win2k had agp problems and amd/microsoft came out with a reg patch that fixed it...perhaps doing this again will solve the problem?? the only reason i thought of this is cause when i installed win2k with sp2 on my pops pc i still had the agp problems till i went and installed the reg patch. and also, i don't have that problem you guys have and thinking maybe cause i did a 2k->XP update instead of a clean install...anyways..just a thought tho maybe it doesn't matter...but something to try anyways