Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

Disabling Product Activation

Hi Guys,

I just want to know how can I disable Windows Product Activation. How can I remove it from Startup I mean , so that it doesn't remind me of activating again and again.

I found it somewhere that you can use regsvr32 /u /s ...

But dont know the two Dll to regsvr

Anybody.

ARC

You don't need to go through all of that.

Follow these instructions:

1. Boot your WinXP PC.

2. Connect to your ISP, either through your fast Braodband connection or Dial-Up, whichever you're using.

3. Choose the 'Activate Now' option

4. You are now asked if you wish to register at the same time you activate - you're call

5. 10-15 seconds later you get a message similar to "Product Activation has now completed successfully"

6. No more annoying pop-up messages warning you that you only have x number of days before you must activate.

Nice Answer!

But my Question was different.

I do not want to activate.

I just want to diable it!

ARC

cause i dont want to activate!

you guys go too far

Anybody?

ARC

what's the beef about,, it is an honest question,, why would one not want to activate? I don't get it. We guys are too much, what are you talking about?

~J

YGM in about an hour miku ('cause I'm busy right now. smile )

Withour the smart@ss remarks.

I think he want to cuz he prolly has a pirated copy....e-mail me if you have the rc1 and I will give you a hack to get rid of it forever:D

Interesting thought!

But Guys, nobody understands what I want. Appzattak is offering me a crack. Well if that was the case, I would have done it way earlier.

Sorry for disturbing all of you. Continue your hard work...

ARC

copy these lines into a batch file and run it in safe mode

Code:
del /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\prefetch\wpabaln.exe*.pfdel /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\dllcache\idwlog.exedel /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\dllcache\wpabaln.exedel /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\idwlog.exedel /f /q %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\wpabaln.exeregsvr32.exe /s /u regwizc.dllregsvr32.exe /s /u licdll.dll

Thanks THC

Those were lines I was looking for!

Thank you very much.

ARC

i have a question about the codes.

Does that completely remove the WPA from the XP?

or does it just disable the popup reminder and you are still required to put in the activation code?

Thx,

FatFish

Ah me bad.

I obviously didn't understand the original post.

If I'd know you were a thief I'd have told you where you could get off.

that disables the popups and sh1t, you need to replace some files in the i386 dir in order to fully crack it, the new RC2+ autopatches work great, no reset cracks here. File sharing works too!

the lines DO NOT disable product activation. They just disable the popup balloons. And BladeRunner, who cares where they get the product and what they use it for, we are here to help people not ***** about where the software came from. If you choose not to help people with software 'obtained from irregular channels' i will.

Humm, shows the level of the board then doesn't it?

What you are saying is on one hand this is a professionally run board but on the other you are more than willing to help thieves with their criminal activities.

Quote:

Humm, shows the level of the board then doesn't it?
What you are saying is on one hand this is a professionally run board but on the other you are more than willing to help thieves with their criminal activities.

This isn't *****bashers.com. It's Ntcompatible.com . What he's saying is that we're here to help people not bash 'em and you should know darn well that in this business you HAVE to aquire products in an "illegal" fashion to be able to help someone.

Yup, I agree with Dos.

You really think any profession is totally free from any illegal operations? MS itself has done plenty of illegal things, but some of the accusations on the trial are more from people being pissed off than anything else.

E-mail me with the RC2 patches, I want to try 'em out.

I do have a perfectly legal copy from the XP preview program--RC1&2, so I'm not covering my trax. I just don't want MS stalking me.

but no one answered my question,,why would a person "want" to disable the activation , it doesn't make any sense to me. You just run the activation and it goes away. Seems like more trouble to go de-activate it than just activate it.

and a forum is what we as the users of the forum make of it. From my experience with this board the majority are people who aren't software pirates and not really friendly to those who do that kind of business. The software pirating crowd is not who this forum gears themselves to helping. Yes, it is good to help one another where we can in our area of expertise but who here wants to aid and assist theft? Unless of course that is your area of expertise. 8)

~J

why would you want to activate if you have an illegal copy?

thats the whole point you are missing.

If like me couldn't get on the microsoft preview program because nothing seemed to work (2 credit cards wouldn't go thru) then why bother with the right channels when you can just download it anyway.

Are you trying to tell me that MS will let you activate a copy of XP without it being legal? I don't think so.

Not everyone likes to deal with Microsoft, I will be buying a full copy once XP goes gold. But I like to check these things out first.

i am buying XP Pro eventually, when that time comes, i'll install and and crack it, i care nothing about WPA nor do i see a point in Activating it.

why do i want to crack it?? Easy. I change hardware out of my computer at least 2 or 3 times a week, especially when im working on a system it changes a lot, so that would require reactivation at least 2 or 3 times then you have to call. Im sorry i don't feel like calling someone to sit on hold for 20 minutes to get a new product key and have to go thru the same rigamarol again in a month. Thats why people disable activation. Why do i help people that support vvarez?? Because im a nice person and i don't care where the product came from i treat everyone here with the same level of professionalism and respect they deserve pirate or not. My job is to help people and that is what i come here to do.

Quote:

why do i want to crack it?? Easy. I change hardware out of my computer at least 2 or 3 times a week, especially when im working on a system it changes a lot, so that would require reactivation at least 2 or 3 times then you have to call.

You do know you get 30 days of full use before you have to activate? That should be more than enough time to get your hardware installed and setup correctly. Once it's running, activate it then.

And as has been reported in these forums in the past, a minor change here or there won't require a re-activation.

I often mess about with my PC as well, but change hardware 2 or 3 times a week? You must spend more time with it in bits than you do with it actually working smile