Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

NVidia Detonator Driver Discussion

I'm having problems with any Detonator drivers above 6.50 in windows 2000. They prevent me from running my refresh rate any higher than 75Hz frown

This is annoying, because at 75hz the screen is quite flickery and it gives me a headache.

so now im running XP build 2505, and that appears to come with the 12.41 drivers, and it still gives me the same sh*t. I reverted to the 6.50 drivers (i'm amazed it let me do it) and now i can run my desktop at 100hz (1280x1024)

does anyone have a fix for this prob? I took a look on www.geforcefaq.com but the solution provided there doesnt help me (they advise to uninstall the monitor drivers and use plug'n'play drivers)

any help is much appreciated.

thx

oh, and im not going to rip out the n°15 pin of my VGA connector smirk

and i dont want to run a third-party app to set the refresh rate (i never liked PowerStrip)

I'm going to get a BNC cable if the problem can't be fixed easily.

the 12.41's that come with 2505 are sorta "bare-bones" drivers, i advise you upgrade to the real 12.41's for win2k, or better yet try the 12.90's or 14.20's, from what you're saying, you've only used the 12.41's that 2505 came with and the old 6.50's.....have you tried any other drivers? did you try using the PnP Monitor drivers?

in winXP i haven't tried any other drivers than the 6.50 ones and the ones that came with the OS. In windows 2000 however, i tried every conceivable driver, therefor i drew the conclusion that it would be the same in XP. I haven't checked what drivers are installed for my monitor, i'm assuming that it'll be the p&p monitor drivers. i'll try and install some of the latest detonator builds later when i get home.

does anyone have or know a place that i can aquire the SDK so i can make my own Detonator Drivers? is this possible?

yea, i'd really like to make my own based on my GeForce 2 MX, and since you have problems with certain drivers for your TNT2 then it would work out well to have custom drivers. More people could release drivers, maybe better than those that are being released now, i've made my own monitor driver using powerstrip, but thats a monitor driver, nothing cool.

8.03 drivers are the best ever for me in rc1 the performance is excelent but more importantly they are the most stable drivers i have ever come accross.

Did someone tryed det 12.90? Cuz, I have read in other foruns about (at least 2505) running bettar than 12.41, wich I'm using right now (running faster than winme), but its slow only in 2D MArk 2001, with games 12.41 roxor!!!

i read on some 3dguru site that there were 12.90 WHQL's!! anyone else see this? Here's the site:

http://www.guru3d.com/

it said something else about 14.10's, but i'm guessing thats a typo.

??? 14.20's for NT4/NT5 have beeen out for weeks. 14.10 for 9x slightly less.

i know that the 14.20's have been out for awhile, my question is...are there really 12.90 WHQL's for win2k?

keeping this post alive smile whats the good word on drivers to use with RC2? are the 12.41s still the recommended set or has another set taken the glory with RC2?

right now there are no good drivers for me and rc2 the 8.03 drivers lock when exiting opengl games and all the drivers 11 and up give me bsod about nv4disp.dll or something

right now the drivers suck *** for tnt2 in xp

i have not completed the download of 2526 yet, i will let you guys know what luck i have with which drivers, i'm going to install the 8.03's first to see if they lock exiting OpenGL games, then i'll most likely go back to the 12.41's.

Four-and-Twenty: ouch!

Heh. Me have RC1 &2 but haven't tried them out yet. I've got too many classes and work to try to fiddle with XP right now.

Hey, at least you got a nvidia card under XP, I gotta deal with my Voodoo 3 under it--which kicked arse in Beta 2!!!! You know the GF2MX's are pretty cheap, so you could jump to that and leave the TNT as a backup card for emergencies, which is probably what will happen to the V3 once I find something really cheap.

Oh, someone mentioned earlier about Win2k drivers for nvidia cards: still using 10.80's. Haven't seen anyones faster and got tired of trying new dets out to find the fastest.

the 10.80's are still really good drivers, they're on my "Favorite Det." List. A GF2MX is a great card, i recommend the Hercules 3D Prophet II MX, it has a ***y blue color to it and overclocking it great, even with the stock Heatsink.