Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

NVidia Detonator Driver Discussion

Alot of people and newbie's to Windows XP have problems reguarding which Detonator Drivers are best to use. Post your comments about NVidia Drivers here. Feel free to also post 3DMark scores, Sandra scores, screenshots, computer specs/mods, and Pics of your computer.

----------------------

In my eXPerience using Windows XP, i have found that the Det. 12.41 WHQL's for Win2k seem to work the best. What are your thoughts?

----------------------

For all of your Detonator Driver needs, Visit The-Ctrl-Alt-Del.com's Driver section at:

http://www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com/Drivers.htm

The 12.41 seem to kick @ss here. On RC1 I have tried 12.90 and really didnt see a big difference. I dont get into benchmarking as long as gameplay is smooth and the graphics are kickin'at 1024x768 then Im happy:D

i feel the same, in fact, as long as i can get 40-50fps in Q3A/TA and 35fps in UT, i am happy, 1024x768x32bpp@85Hz is my preferred resolution.

well, i upgraded to the 12.90's and i got a loss of only 3 3DMarks in 3DMark 2000. I rolled back my drivers to 12.41, they seem to be faster and more stable. gonna try the 8.03's later.

I use 12.90's because it looked like everyone liked them on the CAD forums. I see no performance loss so I guess I'll keep using them

I don't know what you Vid Card that you guys using but I am using TNT2 Ultra and the only WORKING version of Detonator Driver for my box is 6.5..12.41 definitely give my machine a big crash and a BSOD on the nv4_disp.dll Error..I don't really know why but it's pretty suck about it..

i'm using a Hercules 3D Prophet II MX 32MB AGP (GeForce 2 MX), Overclocked:

Core: 215

Mem: 210

Drivers: Det. 12.41 Win2k WHQL

--------------

Strange, i have a TNT 1 in the other machine with the 12.90's and Win2k installed, they seem to work fine. You might want to try the 7.58's, they were really good.

--------------

Here's some benchmarks done by Tweakers Asylum under Win2k with SP2:

http://www.tweakersasylum.com/Detonators/Win2k/detonator2k.html

Running Creative GeForce 2 GTS at defualt clock settings at 1024x768x32 (85Hz).

12.41 Nvidia drivers and XP pro 2505 and it all runs smoooth laugh

I havn't had my games run this smooth since Win 98.

i tried the 12.90's and performance dropped by about 60 3dmarks in 3DMark 2000

Using the default drivers loaded during the install of XP,

I noticed a drop of about 1000 pts in 3dmark 2001 between

XP and Win2K. I assume the default is 12.40 dets for winxp

1024x768x32bpp = 2542 3dmarks XP

= 3460 3dmarks 2K

My System:

Athlon Thunderbird 1Ghz

Abit KT7Raid

Creative Labs Geforce 2 Ultra

512MB PC133 CAS2 memory

SBLive

30GB WD UDMA 100

I use the 12.41 Drivers and think that´s only a problem with the benchmark. When playing (Gore, Q3, ..) I don´t see a difference between XP and Win2000 although 3DMark2001 scores me nearly 1000 Points down.

Marcus

AMD 1,4Ghz 266

MSI KT266Pro Raid

512MB DD-Ram CS2

2* Seagate Barracuda 30GB

CL Geforce3

Quote:

I don't know what you Vid Card that you guys using but I am using TNT2 Ultra and the only WORKING version of Detonator Driver for my box is 6.5..12.41 definitely give my machine a big crash and a BSOD on the nv4_disp.dll Error..I don't really know why but it's pretty suck about it..

i have a tnt m64 and any drivers past 11 with xp past 2469 gives me a BSOD

something about nv4-disp.dll and an infinte loop error
like your machine is stuck in an infinite loop and needs to restart now

it also seems to be strangely related to right clicking on items in the start panel although it will also happen randomly

the 7.51 drivers work great except the computer freezes after quitin ogl games so taht sux

the 10.40 drivers work great except that i get a little white square in the middle of my screen when i play d3d games

the 6 series drivers do not work properly with the alpha blending effects in xp

i basically switch drivers all the time and i have not found any that i am happy with in xp

interestin tidbit on nvidia's website about the 12.41 drivers

TNT2, Vanta, GeForce256, GeForce2**, GeForce3, Quadro, and Quadro2 family of graphic processors are supported through NVIDIA's Industry Standard Unified Driver Architecture (UDA). If you are using a TNT or TNT2 Ultra product, please download the non-WHQL driver.

they don't give an explaination for that last sentence there i wonder why they added that. Is the BSOD a known issue?

WTF?

Four and Twenty: download the 8.03's, i heard they're almost as good as the 12.90's and some people seem to like them over on The CAD Forum.

I have a TNT2 and Dual Processor system (ASUS CUV4X-D), only the 7.58 Det drivers work...anything else produces random lockups.

no I'm too lazy laugh

maybe some llama renamed the 12.40's to 14.20's laugh

ok whe you download thge drivers from ctrl-alt-del.com

there is no setup fdile so how do you install them?confused

Update the driver from the device manager. Then choose to manually search for the driver and point to where you extracted the driver files to and....Wa-Laaa.