Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mdntblu

I think WindowsXP looks lame

When Win95 came out me and my bro used to go into computer stores and hide all the boxes for win95 and put OS/2 in it's place. LOL

------------------

"In order to be free to learn"

"We must be free to dream"

I hear that one SHS. lol

------------------

"In order to be free to learn"

"We must be free to dream"

Oh yes DeadCats I still have that GeoWorks Ensemble 2.1 & the one before that very cool OS run's very nice on 286 16Mhz man where thoses good old day's hehe.

Buy the way boy's & girl's it now call NewDeal http://www.newdealinc.com/

Man, I loved Warp.

But it was so amazing to sit there and watch IBM miss the deal of the century, when Win95 missed it's release date by a big margin, and IBM had a golden window of opportunity to really push the ad campaign for Warp 3.0, which was out the door it seems like a good six months prior to Win95. People were tired of waiting for Win95, and here was Warp, ready to be installed. So what did IBM do? Ran an ad campaign featuring cute Italian nuns and no clue whatsoever what the product was they were trying to sell.

That's at least the third great opportunity missed by IBM's underestimation of Bill Gates' ability to maneuver: The belief that personal computers would be a niche market at best; allowing Microsoft to keep ownership of DOS; and pushawing Gate's design ideas for OS/2 (coded by Microsoft), which did in fact become Windows.

At the same time, they spent millions on obscure advertising; laid off thousand of productive workers while keeping an extremely topheavy management; and paying unGawdly amounts in salary and bonuses to top-level chiefs including the CEO (who had the stupidity to treat Gates as 'one of the little guys').

Damn, SHS, Joker, now you got me going again. wink

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

[This message has been edited by DeadCats (edited 23 March 2001).]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SimiaN:
This is just funny now. Nice little hehe. I try to act like a human and you take it as me backing down. You really are 12 and, if you teach I feel sorry for the students and the biased opinion they get from someone like you. It's no wonder most of the kids that come out of school nowadays, have been brainwashed by someone they believe has real knowledge. Oh ya and I taught as well so there goes your 1337 status, to be honest you sound like the a$$hole I used to work with. So I'll be leaving now thanks for your useless FAQ, and your biased opinions. I'll make sure I don't recommend this site to any of my colleagues.

-----edit-----

You can begin to call me a 'lamer' again as I wont be here to defend myself.

[This message has been edited by SimiaN (edited 22 March 2001).]
</font>

Ok, well since you won't be here anymore, i guess it doesn't hurt to give you what you asked for, and in the nicest way possible............LAMER!

yeah, as far as wasting my time flaming back and forth, it's the last one for a long time, cuz it's pathetic and lame, and i was stupid to have even started doing it. I need to get onto a professional side of things

Amen to that Jdul....Sounds like you are making a turn for the better. smile

Well a lamer he wants a lamer he is.

Once a lamer always a lamer.

Got lamer, the boring part of message forums.

the icons and close butttons and stuff like that are bigger and you don't got to ber perfect with it and i still say who ever started this topic is a homo.