Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mdntblu

I think WindowsXP looks lame

STability comes when you push the OS..

For instance write complex programs ...EVERYBody has memory leaks ..

processes that dont die ..

Games that leak memory

Thats the thing about stability ..on 9x those sorts of things may or will mean a reboot.

But on win2k it just keeps on going.

I'm gonna get flamed to all hell for this but Its time to cause a car accident..

"XP seems to be aimed solely at newbies, not power users like alot of people here."

XP-lets make our users so dumb that they cant use any other OS besides an M$ product. sure it runs like 2k because it really kinda is just a different skin and "user friendly features" and whoo hoo a faster boot if you really wanted a fast boot load a linux distro.

power users-(n) someone who wont take the f&8#@ng time to read the manual. so instead they screw everything up and call their sysadmins for help and waste our time instead.

"I don't get this WinMe is unstable part. Its not unstable here. Maybe I'm doing something wrong"

do something other then run Word in it it will crash. I can make it crash just a few short seconds after boot. Any KRNL386 OS is only good for about 30 hours of hard use before a reboot is needed. This is due to the fact that Windoze ME doesn't want to release it's memory heaps. from this you get paging errors. I think bug_666 made the best points yet. BTW waffles are good and the brown dog is a nice touch.

other then that I say flame on.

----edit----

I like the spelll checker BTW too bad no one notices that button huh?

[This message has been edited by SimiaN (edited 20 March 2001).]

LOL!!!!!!

man, that's funny, go suck a cock. I am not a newbie, the other 100 + people that use it that I know of are not newbies, and it isn't AIMED at anyone in specific. It's AIMED at whoever the hell wants to use it.

you sound like a newbie just saying what you did, what a loser, get your facts straight. If anything, it's more of a power OS than any other OS released to date, just because it has "cool" features means dick all about anything else. Let's see, it's faster, more reliable, runs apps and games better, and is more stable than win2k will ever be. That's not just my opinion, i've heard about 100 + people tell me that on ICQ, e-mail, forums, etc.

One word: LAMER!

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 20 March 2001).]

what? are you on crack? obviously you haven't used winxp either, to put down xp is to put down 2k AND NT4, MS put in skins because consumers wanted them, have you even seen/used some of the features of winxp? like the driver rollback, system restore? I guess windows 2000 sucks as well then because MS threw some win9x features into NT4 and called it win2k.

exactly.

let's see, based on win2k is XP?? nope, XP is based off of the NT 5.0 kernel they made FOR win2k. They cut down boot time dramatically, adding in full gaming support (it'll be full gaming support at RTM), added features that are beyond win2k, which allow us to easily fix problems (without formating the drives like most people do, LOL!), and more, I won't even list the 500 + or so advantages that XP has over win2k, or any other previous OS for that matter.

and the programs that don't work, well, it's the creator's fault, because they added in support for 5.0, and not 5.xx, which they should have done to begin with.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EddiE314:
what? are you on crack? obviously you haven't used winxp either, to put down xp is to put down 2k AND NT4, MS put in skins because consumers wanted them, have you even seen/used some of the features of winxp? like the driver rollback, system restore? I guess windows 2000 sucks as well then because MS threw some win9x features into NT4 and called it win2k.</font>

i don't know anyone who would want skins in the OS-the ppl who do either use alternate shells or apps like Window Blinds. I never really felt the urge to make my win2k look like a christmas tree. As for throwing in win9x features, MS did make the interface similar to 98/ME and they actually got it almost right since gaming support is better than NT4. They actually made win2k with stability of NT and ease of use of win9x. I agree that there are many promising features but almost all of the ones pronounced as killer ones are already implemented using 3rd party software since some guys figured it out sooner than MS. (if you check cdwriter properties tab, you will see that they borrowed it from Roxio or something). Same goes for remote assistance. There is already a niche of products that do just that. Any cases more serious than a 'HELP, I'M TOO STUPID TO CLICK 'HELP' IN THE START MENU' would probably require on-site or phone help. Like a user screwing up their drivers or services to the point where the system won't even start.
jdulmage, feel free to list the ones you like the most, it's been a long time since i have done a good line-by-liner.

first of all i never liked that Christmas skin in WindowBlinds either. Second of all, everything in this day and age is "BORROWED", name a company or person who HASN'T borrowed an idea, or line of code, or UI. Let's face it, people like to have their computer customized, and the beginners that Buy XP Personal are going to be happy with their system knowing that it won't crash, pretty much fixes itself, and the fact that they can customize it. I know my girlfriend loves to customize the way Windows looks, she has her own pretty little account on my machine (running 2428). Everyone loves customization, look at what people do with their cars, houses and everything else, why not be able to customize the computer too? I've said it before, if you don't like the luna skin, i'll be happy to post some screen shots of XP 2428 with the windows classic setting. All i can say is, use WinXP for a week, you'll learn to love it.

some ppl do, some ppl don't, some don't care. i do some customization but it usually doesn't go beyond changing the background or a little color correction here and there. Maybe i'm just lazy. By borrowed, i meant licensed. As for ideas, you can't copyright an idea. it's just that MS shoulda done it sooner. Yes, i'm happy with a system that doesn't need rebooting every 30 hours. Win2k doesn't crash too often either. 'fixes itself' is a stretch though. No thanks, i used xp for a while myself so i don't need any screenies.

the only thing i'd like to see is that the personal verson come with a skin like luna by default with the option of going back to Windows Classic, with the Professional and Server Family editions, i'd like to see just the opposite, Windows Classic by Default, but with all of the theme support as Personal. Only the future will tell. Even if it doesn't happen that way, i don't care.

ok I wasnt going to but I will lets see jdulmage-- I'm a lamer, ok one who is bragging about XP. also I hope you were telling your boy brian frank that he should go suck a dick becaue if you read what I wrote it was a quote from him and hes one of your "senior members" oh 31337 windoze user.

"let's see, based on win2k is XP?? nope, XP is based off of the NT 5.0 kernel they made FOR win2k." <----see when I put quotes around something that means I'm quoting people.

I'm sorry WTF does this mean are you saying that XP isn't based off 2k then in the next sentence you say it's based off the NT 5.0 kernal which is 2k. Yes XP has its advantages for the idiot who never wants to know how anyhthing works. Yeah your right I take it all back I can see how something that works well for the end user(who knows nothing) would also in turn be great at handling authentication requests, running DB's, handling remote clients, etc. You know all the same stuff you do while you play quake3. Hang on, nope I still think you are a moron. When you get a clue come talk to me.

ONE WORD: JACKASS!!!

eddie- Yeah it must be crack if I dont buy into the propaganda.

_SimiaN_

some of you are praisehailing it more than it deserves, after all it's just another OS. it's a new tool, not a new child or something.

Amen Bug_666!!!

perhaps the most intelligent thing said in this thread thus far.

well, we all know XP blows Windows 2000 away, people are just trying not to accept it.

Eddie314, what's the point in talking to these peons any longer? lol, I'm done with this post, man, my point exactly about cease fire, I tired and I guess people are still unprofessional about things, so I had to say what I did.

I mean, what life do you have to post a topic like this? I see one like every week about XP (clueless lamers). So I am just gonna laugh at every post I see, and I'll continue using the OS that stomps win2k.

wait a minute ,what am I thinking, of all of the people that posted here.

5 were talking professionally (or trying to) and the rest sound like newbies and/or lamers if you will that came from some other site cuz they were told that this place was good.

felix, thc 129, eddie314, deadcats and myself

the rest of you don't even know facts from friction, and professional attitudes from stupidity.

I'll leave it at that, talk away, lol, no one with a professional status will reply to you unless it's to tell ya all off for your dumbnuts comments.

so DeadCats is right ,there is no reason to go any further than this, it's poor when these lamers are looking for attention so badly, ya lamer.

Jdul, you and Eddie are perhaps the most unprofessional "little kids" (directed at your attitudes rather than your age) I've ever seen on this board. And trust me, ive seen a lot. Ive been registered here for a long long time. Your last post was so pathetic its scary. You are the biggest hypocrite on this board. You will say something that will flagrently piss everyone off, and you will stick to what you say until someone revered by us all such as Dosfreak, Clutch, or Deadcats comes in and tells you to basically shut up. Then all of a sudden your tone changes.

This post has nothing to do with Windows XP, but everything to do with your hypocritical and down-right rude attitude. For you to say that you are professional is just a complete lie! You call a cease fire in a previous thread, and yet when someone tells us their opinion of XP, you go completely off the wall like someone was trying to murder your family.

My speculation on this matter is for you to grow up a little. Let opinions ride on this board. That is what keeps it alive. This is not a flame, and i think a lot of people will agree that it is not a rude post either. It is just the truth. You seem like you may have a significant amount of knowledge buried in that clouded mind of yours, so why don't you use it to express your opinions and help people in a nice way? You and eddie sure do make a great team. But, i think it is much like the team everyone excluded from the games when we were kids because you make the game a miserable experience. If you really want to be professional, you will see this post as an intelligent observation and perhaps a small dose of constructive criticism. I hope you heed to this post, so that maybe you can be more of a positive influence on this board.

Peace to you guys.....this is just constructive criticism, and flaming me will only augment my post.

Haru, I have to tell you, that was the best written post I've seen in this forum for the last 6 months. And it has nothing to do with computers...Sad but true.

Peace

/Toby

[This message has been edited by Toby (edited 21 March 2001).]

The funny thing is you can go on with your "professional attitude" if thats what you'd like to call it but your attack on me ******* was in no way professional. In fact it was rather childish. yes I sunk down to your level so you could understand me. HarU, bug_666, Toby I appologize to you for having to view this. jdulmage, I heard ignorance is bliss, is it true.When you would like to have a debate that doesnt involve calling me a lamer because you can't get to a book fast enough to quote something off, come and see me so I can embarass you. Oh and btw http://www.accesscomm.ca/internet/security/windows2000dns.shtml your website is wrong Microsoft's DDNS works fine with other DNS servers if you would like the syntax let me know. oh and dont forget I must be an idiot cause I dont agree with you. so you let me know when you want to have a heated debate about this and we can do it. Have fun 'kiddie' and dont forget to play nice.

-SimiaN

p.s. LAMER!!!

------------------

I cant help it I have Attention Deficit...hey whats that over there?

i COULD have a professional attitude again, but everytime i try to have one, no one else does. its quite frustrating when you try to be nice to someone and they, in turn, be an a.sshole to you, i can name quite a few people in this forum who have contradicted me and called me a lamer, f.uckin newbie, etc, in the past when i first started posting on here, in essence, this is the way i was "brought up" on this forum. If you don't like my attitude, then i can tell you what to kiss, if the Admins and Mods don't like my attitude, then they can ban me. I post on here for:

1. Something to do when bored.

2. A laugh.

3. to attemt to help people with problems i myself have encountered and solved.

I could care less if i get banned, it bothers me none and I (ulike most people) have a life, so i can find something better to do in my time. and HarU, you were always a prick about everything, you speak of unprofessional, then why is it you that jumps in the middle of a flame that isn't directed at you? Do you just want a piece of the action or do you just want to try to win everyone over with your so called "good-guy" attitude? I have been posting in this forum for quite some time, i'm coming up on 1000 posts, like i said in previous threads, a lot of my posts were complete and utter bullsh.it, but the majority of them were serious and I was as helpful as i could be, if it wasn't for people like you who breathe new life into old and pointless flames and threads then i would only have about 500-600 posts which i would be happier with knowing that my posts were serious. So you talk about me and JD being the bad guys? Go ahead, contact Phillipp or SHS, but know this, if you ban me, it would mean that you would have to ban more than half of the registered members.....thats one hell of a blocked IP list. I've tried calling "cease-fires" to flame wars, but it doesn't work, so get rid of me, it'll still be here, all of the flame wars, just as if i had never left. Nuff' Said.

exactly, my professional status as far as my business is concerned and my teaching is just wonderful, as far as here is concerned, it's a little non-existant simply because when I try to have a professional style, the rest do not, when I have an unprofessional style, I always hear about it from you guys here. I do get a little carried away sometimes, but like I said, it can be changed as soon as people here learn to get a long.

If your going to post your opinion, great, do it, but the wording is what turns things into wars. Using "lame" and "gay" and stuff (like i've done purposely to show you what you all sound like, you all sound exactly like that, and this is a good example). It looks bad doesn't it? look in the mirror for a second please.

I'm starting to wonder, are people just that bad that they have no other words to say but those childish words or are they doing this knowing that it'll automatically start a fight?

It's really not hard to understand, I know a lot of people here that understand it well. This is NT Compatible folks and not NT Combatible.

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 21 March 2001).]

It's amazing how all this can start from a simple OS upgrade, isn't it? Good thing it's not something important, like hemorrhoid cream.

http://www.preparationh.com/products/cream.asp

This has about as much to do with this topic as anything else lately, so I figured I would find somethings SO bizarre to post that this thread will die. I would ask that you consider this thread "creamed".

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

LOL!

yes, exactly.

I am still going to push my "professional attitude" ideas though.