Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DefBringer

Massive CD-burning problems with XP...

I've tried using several different programs inluding XP's built-in CD-writing software...it almost never works, freezes up, etc. I sure hope this is something they fix!!!!

I have similar problems too! but the winxp built in roxio burning software works for me... nero 5.5 will work once in a while...not totally working =( (freezes at 6% everytime)

if the xp built in software is supplied by roxio, i wonder if roxio easy cd creator 5.02 platinum will work for xp? anyone tried?

in windows2000, my burner does not work all the time neither, probably had something to do with my amd mobo w/ via souothbridge

in winxp it works without via 4in1 driver

defbringer: did u have similar problems w/ burning cd before? what programs have u tried? what's your system specs?

I have an Epox 8k7a (amd 761 north, VIA south). This is a new system for me on a new OS so I have no idea if going to Win2000 will work for me. I haven't loaded VIA 4--in-1 because I thought it was unecessary with XP?

Anyway.....mine ALWAYS freezes up at around 7% in Nero. This is seriously disappointing....i have 8 coasters I've made today thinking it was a file problem...

I'm using a Plextor 1210a (or whatever)

Any of you isntall the adaptec aspi layer?

I got a MSI K7T Turbo raid(kt133a) and a tbird 1.4 witha plextor 12x10x32 and i do not have any issues what so ever on XP or 2k.

Also have a plextor 16x @ work and a duron 600 on an acer ak33(not sure on chipset) and it works flawless as well.

On both of these systems I used the adaptec 4.6 aspi layer.

After a clean XP reinstall Nero still won't burn. It always freezes up at exactly 7%.

The built-in burner software now works, but after 4 tries to making a simple data CD one of the files is always corrupt. I will try one last time setting speed to 1x, but this is really unacceptable. Previously I have burned .ISO's at 12x without any problem whatsoever.

Ive been using EZ CD Creator 4.03 and all is working quite well here with build 2505.

Nero 5.5.2.3 WOrks like a Charm with my WinXP RC1....I already burn over 100+ CDS in it and never get any COASTERS with my Plextor.

Here is my spec:

P3 800 o/c 1000Mhz

384MB CAS2 RAM

Abit BE6II Mobo (No Raid)

Diamond TNT2U with 7.58 Driver

SBLIVE Value Sound Card

Acer 8x4x32x CDRW

Plextor 12x10x32A CDRW (ATAPI)

I have problens only with the built in cdr software (EZCD 5x too, off course)under RC1 2505. Nero 5.5.30 and CDRWin 4.0a works flawless wink. I upgraded to RC1 2509 8) and still no support to my HP 8100. Im my other system, using 2505 and an usb LG cdrw, the built in cdr soft works just fine confused

So, any tips? Ow man, how long to RC2, to the final version frown ...

iwill n kt133a here n easy 5.02 is running without problems. I have lg 12x n whatever I do it never goes under buffer, I'm impressed by performance (with both 2505, 09 , 17)

nero 5.5.x works like a charm

cdrwin 3.8d works great

clonecd 3.0.51 works perfectly

just for the last two programs you need to install the adaptec aspi drivers ( and if you don't own an adaptec compliant device use forceaspi to fool the aspi drivers into believing you are )

Maybe your cracks are bad ? Mine are official and they work great.

I hope none of you are trying to use EZcd with nero together because that has always resulted in crashed with me ( win98 and win2000 )

I can do just about anything I ever wanted to do with these three programs so don't use that EZcd crap

yea, 5.5.2.3 or better works fine.

Mind you, it's probably smart to wait on RTM of XP until they come out with XP versions of your favorite programs, it's the only way things are going to be fixed completely, that includes drivers smile

Putting 2000 apps and drivers on XP within RC1, RC2, or when it's RTM is just reducing the speed and stability, but who am I to talk, I'm doing that right now with RC2, but I pay the price, because until I put on 2000 drivers, I could shut down and reboot, now, all I can do is hit the power switch to fire it down, very bad, but anyways, i'm talking too much.

Nero 5.5.2.3 or better works fine here.

Nuff said now smile

In order to get Nero 5.5+ to work, I have to uninstall Nero after any OS upgrade (like RC1 to RC2), reboot, then reinstall Nero. The ASPI layer also has to be reinstalled. Once I have done that, everything in Nero has worked (almost) perfectly. I am running one of those very tasty Yamaha 16x burners by the way. This machine is running an Intel BX chipset at 1ghz.

I only have one consistent bug under the RC2 build and that is Nero will choke on burning some CDs with a single large file (like a video, for example). Simulation works fine, but I end up with a coaster at some random point. Since some large files work consistently, and some don't, I have been attributing it to the files themselves. I will put one of my other burners (SCSI 4x) on another machine running XP RC2 (dual Intel VP6) and see if the problem is repeatable under those circumstances.

:}

i have done fresh install for win2k, rc1 and rc2..

and Nero always works prefectly, so does CDRwin 4.0a.

Never tried the build-in cd authering program that comes with XP.

try turning *OFF* the cd-r DMA access mode - switch it back to PIO Mode in the Device Manager

that solved my problem. When you have a CDRW drive that's really fast (8X +) and it has Burn proof or something similar, it doesn't needs the DMA access, and that will often cause your system to crash.

riz

hi,

i had some similar issues with Nero after a 'friend' decided to install forceaspi 1.7 on my system (while i was out)

This led to many tracking errors and focus errors and i soon had a nice pile of coasters

my solution:

i totally wiped the aspi error and reintsalled Nero, since then no problems.

If you use other software (CDRWin, Fireburner, CloneCD), I've found copying WNASPI32.dll from Nero root dir into the other softwares root dir to solve this problem.

Microsoft have a fix that helps with xp support for some cd burners in the updates section.

Hope this helps with some of your problems.

Nero 5.5.5.1, Clone and Blindwrite works for me.

Hmm.. I swear it DID work!, but now I get a Tracking Error in Nero when I try and burn anything... EasyCD still works fine though.

So I followed the ASPI stuff in here, but in the check program it states its properly installed, but it is unable it initialise (Error 0xEB?).

Anything clue?

Thanks.

Adaptec cd creator 5.02 works fine

install 5.0 don't restart and install the update after it

restart the conputer, and burn heheh

i got a plextor 8220 scsi

but a philips and hp also works great

Sorted it from reading up on another post. Just turned off XPs own burning in the drives properties page... *tuts @ XP*.

Thanks.