Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sdram

WinXP Beta 2 2462 & 3dmark2001 no go

When I run 3dmark2001 benchmark it will return to the desktop before running the 2nd game test in high detail. I have heard of other people having this problem and no one seems to be able to run it. I have WindowsXP Beta 2 build 2462. I have the latest video drivers and I have tried some of the newest beta drivers but still no go. Any ideas would be helpful or if you are able to run this benchmark then please reply.

1.2GHz Thunderbird

KT7A-Raid

Geforce256 DDR 32MB

256MB RAM

I'm able to run 3DMark 2001 just fine with 2462 and the leaked Detonator 11.01 drivers. Before any drivers; 6.50 official too the leaked 10.80 detontators caused extreme weirdness in Direct3D. The only thing is; 11.01 drivers fixe Direct3D, but anytime I try to play an AVI or MPEG it causes a BSOF stop error. I can't win.

PIII 600

Seatle-440BX2

Geforce 2 MX

256MB RAM

In xp with 11.01 i also can't fix the refresh rate from 60 hz.

I've tried the leaked Detonator drivers 11.01 and 3dmark2001 will still return to the desktop at the same spot. I also can not play avi files without BSOD. It seems there is more to this fix then just drivers.

Just something I thought I'd share, which I thought was odd. Using the 11.01 Detonaters with RealPlayer 8 (with the proper plugins) will play MPEGS, and it actually will play them to completion and then BSOD at the end.

yep, that mpeg thing I submited for ya.

secondly, I can also use the 3dmark2001 with xp 2462

Just a quick update for those who are afflicted by the Detonator driver bug that causes your computer to reset when attempting to play videos in media player. I've successfully used the nv4_disp.dll from 7.59 in the 11.01 Detonator package. Upon rebooting as you do with any new driver update, I was greated a nasty BSOD stop error. Discouraged, I rebooted into safe mode; went into device manager and deleted the my display adapter and rebooted normally. Suprisingly, I was greeted with a logon screen. Even better, I looked at my display properties and confirmed I was using 7.59 for my display driver and 11.01 for everything else. Now I can play my videos and have my Direct3D too. So far I haven't encountered any ill effects other than initially getting it going.

I also have the 3dmark2001 problem. Right before the High detail Game2test the program just shuts down. No messages nothing. Performance on the first tests look good.

Using Det 11.01

Its not just a winxp issue. I've had 3dmark2001 do the same thing in win98se always at the same spot. I did a clean install of win98se and they reran the test and it ran fine.

Now in winxp for me, its doing it again. Always same part, 2nd test, high detail.

I'm thinking something in 3dmark2001 is very picky.