Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KAOS

LiveWare 2k Problems! Urgent Plz help

Im very very mad.. I had once tried to install the leaked drivers but they wouldnt work for me.. now the official drivers will not work for jack crap.. I can install them but when my system reboots.. it wont boot up. It will get past the bootscreen and i can see the desktop before all the icons come up.. But then it will just reboot unwarned by itself.. I can boot into safe mode or whatever..

I had this same problem with the Leaked Drivers and a dude told me that if i erased devcon32.dll problems with stop. His solution works.. and it works with official drivers from creative. But the only problem is.. when i delete devcon32.dll i have no volume control and in control panel/ multimedia it says no play back device. im totally stumped.. The problem is devcon32.dll dont know why when i install the new drivers it has a problem.. Devcon 32.dll is installed right now with default win2k drivers from microsoft and has no problems at all. I even checked both of them for version differences and the one win2k is using now is the same one liveware 2k installs.. So it's something that liveware installs thats causing the problem. I just dont know what. Plz plz plz plz help.

Celeron 333mhz on Windows 2k professional

Some crappy Via Motherboard..

128mb pc-100 SDRAM

Sound Blaster Live! Value

Voodoo3 3000 AGP

3 hard drives size doesnt matter and a 40x CD-ROM.. Im having no IRQ conflicts or anything.. As i stated before default win2k stuff works.. But seems like the ones with 4 speaker support and EAX dont wanna work for jack. Damn im so pissed.. Im not gonna reinstall windows cuz i shouldnt have to.

If possible Email Responses to kaos55@mediaone.net plz.. I wanna bump 4 speakers because my speakers rock.. 2 subs and 4 sats shaaaaa-wing!

[This message has been edited by KAOS (edited 23 March 2000).]

MAN, good to see I am not alone, I have the same problem too, but due to my stupidity, I only made the problem worse, I accidentally deleted the SBLIVE! Basic Drivers...so now I don't even get the crappy 2 speaker support. Someone plz send me the Basic drivers...or at least help me with this liveware endless reboot crap... I have been waiting forever for these drivers only to find they don't work at all!-RFlair7000@aol.com

Well consider yourselves lucky... after installing the wonderful win2k sblive drivers i get the blue screen as well.. then my computer promptly reboots and greets me with the same blue screen... but the best part is i get the same bluescreen when i try to boot into safe mode... reinstall time? i hope that solves it because i don't know what else to do short of formatting...

bp6 dual 500's

sb gamerx soundcard

creative tnt2ultra

256 ram

win2k prof

I was where you were about 9 hours ago - when I formatted my HD. Anybody who has tried the modified drivers in the past for SB Live would get an auto reboot, due to the fact that there is an option in system that says if there is an error, automatically reboot the system. So in order to get those drivers working, I would either recommend reformat your HD and start clean, or attempt to reinstall windows 2000 again.

I'm grabbing the creative update as we speak. I had a similar problem with the blue screen associated with up[censored] Adaptec Easy CD Creator to 4.02. The error msg. on the blue screen said "Bad pool caller". I tried several remedies, including uninstalling Dell's Liveware, and removing the card from the device mgr. The only time I could boot to the desktop was if I physically removed the card, then it booted up just fine. I finally attempted re-installing Windows 2000.

It worked, and now I have WDM drivers and a working computer(for now). An interesting note, I tried putting the card in a different pci slot and I still got the blue screen, but with a different error msg.(something to do with irq errors, but i honestly can't remember). Hope this info helps.

Theses sblive drivers for W2K sucks a lot.

Every version I used (beta to official) produce crappy render (no real bass!)

on my sound system. Back on W98, the liveware 3.0 make the difference. I waited for so long for thoses ****ty drivers.

Creative, go to hell with your damn support !

Max, MaStAyOdA -

I too have dwelled in this cave!

Tried to install the Dell drivers over the hacked LW3 drivers. BSOD & reboot no matter what. I tried everything & gave up.

24 hours later, I reformatted & clean installed, used the Dell drivers & now everything works. I am scared to death to try the *NEW* CL drivers.

Oh may as anyone even try a clean install of Windows2000 then install SBLive Win2K Live!ware before any other drivers update or Apps,

That way you will know for sure if it the drivers & not something else.

Hmm Funny thing is KAOS my bother junk Compaq has VIA & he has SBLive X-Gamer

& it work's just fine for him.

Well i'm sorry to hear that everyone has had horror stories with the Official LiveWare Drivers from Creative. I read all the posts and saw all these problems everyone was having and was at first scared to install them. Well i took the chance and installed them. I have not had any problems with them except for the same problem I had with the Leaked LiveWare drivers I got. Also note that before I installed the Official Drivers I uninstalled the Leaked LiveWare drivers first and deleted the directory that was associated with them and also looked for any files left over and deleted them as well. then I did a reboot and then installed the official drivers and then rebooted again and well it works on mine except for previous minor stuff that also happened with the Leaked Liverware.

------------------

DarkWolf

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

BP6 (Dual 500's)

320 megs

SB Live (PCI #5)

Linksys (PCI #2)

Win TV (PCI #1)

TNT2 AGP

Here's my success story - inserted cards - loaded W2k, rebooted, installed new CL drivers, rebooted twice (it may have been three times) and it has worked fine since...

Yeh, I've tried it, also with and without sp-1, live! platinum doesn't work with the default w2k drivers and the official bare driver always "created errors and will be shut down" at installing sblfx.dll while the full LW3.0 install always "created errors and will be shut down" at data1.cab!!! The card works fine on win9.x/me. I'm at a total loss on what to try next. Creative support was helpful, but to no real benifit.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SHS:

Oh may as anyone even try a clean install of Windows2000 then install SBLive Win2K Live!ware before any other drivers update or Apps,

That way you will know for sure if it the drivers & not something else.

Hmm Funny thing is KAOS my bother junk Compaq has VIA & he has SBLive X-Gamer

& it work's just fine for him.</font>