Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
perrin

Problem with nero5.0.2.4

I have a tekram DC395U (scsi card) and a Yamaha 6416s (cd-writer)

The Cd-writer is recognize by Win2000 but when i start nero the cd-writer is not recognize.....

I put the file Wnaspi32.dll in the directory of nero but it doesn't work.

I don't know what to do !!! please Help

Thomas

Have you checked your writer is on the compat list for that version of Nero?

Do you have the latest firmware for your writer?

Are you using any other burning software on your system IE Direct CD, Adaptec Creator that may be causing conflicts with Nero. Damn sure some of those programs do.

Also up[censored] your ASPI set may be a good idea, but only using Adaptec adapters, I don't know where you would find the latest for your Tekram. Not sure if putting the Aspi.dll in your Nero dir is enough. It may need to be installed in a System dir instead of a local one.

OK, Nero doesn't use ASPI under Win2k, I know because I have Nero Installed under Win2k, and no ASPI driver Installed.

I knew the controller needed drivers, It wasn't on the HCL when Win2k was released.

I have the same CD Recorder, and a DC 310.

Fully supported, no problems.

Did u try getting new drivers from Tekram site?

If u have Adaptec EZCD Creator installed, remove it. If Nero is present, U won't need it. Instead, use WinONCD if u must....

Just another thing....

Nero, to be used under Win2k, must have Administrator Privileges. That mean that to use Nero, u must login as an Admin.

Don't know why. I asked Ahead, but after 4 months I lost hope to have an answer.....

Have you checked your writer is on the compat list for that version of Nero?

yes

Do you have the latest firmware for your writer?

yes

easy cd creator is not installed

i'm admin

thanks for all your answer, but i try a lot of things and nothing works

Well we are trying to help. Just have to nail it down a little more.

You didn't say if you are on a network when trying to use Nero. Even if you are say logged onto your domain as admin, if you are not a member of the local computers administrators group, you will not be able to fully use any program that access's and modifies system hardware and properties.

I found that one out the hard way.

Is there any chance you can borrow another scsi card - say Adaptec 2930 - and swap that with your Tekram. If everything works with the Adaptec, then the problem is the Tekram.

Well we are trying to help. Just have to nail it down a little more.

You didn't say if you are on a network when trying to use Nero. Even if you are say logged onto your domain as admin, if you are not a member of the local computers administrators group, you will not be able to fully use any program that access's and modifies system hardware and properties.

I found that one out the hard way.

Is there any chance you can borrow another scsi card - say Adaptec 2930 - and swap that with your Tekram. If everything works with the Adaptec, then the problem is the Tekram.

Or conversely, completely remove Nero, and use another program like Adaptec, or CDRWin to verify that your scsi card and burner are properly working with your burning software.

Just a thought to try and narrow down the problem area's which may be three things right now, down to hopefully one problem to resolve.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally posted by perrin:
thanks for all your answer, but i try a lot of things and nothing works

Alright, you may not want to hear this, but try reinstalling win2k... clean install, repartition/reformat -- the whole sha-bang. I know its tedious, but when i first installed my Plextor 121032A, i installed Nero, and went through the same problems you have... Nero wouldnt recognize the drive, although win2k had no problems using it as a reader. After up[censored] CDRW bios, mobo bios, and latest drivers, nothing else worked. So i wiped out the partition, reformatted, and it fixed everything... I can even use DirectCD, EZ CD Creator, Nero anf CDRWin all on the same machine w/o a hitch.

I don't know if this might help but i used to have the same pb.

i had a dc390F and a teac 58s writer and nero (and direct CD and CDRwin) wouldn't recognize the CDWriter.

so I just took a put a 2940 to replace the tekram and this helped.

just in case if you plan on testing another SCSI card put it in, reboot, configure, and THEN remove your older card.

It also works with my 29160 now.

don't know why but i don't trust tekram cards much now. (yeah and if you don't seem to be able to boot from a CD using tekram you have to put a delay of 10 on the bios... that's crap.)