Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
STi Sev

Anyone with SB LIVE! & Win 2K Read

Who Is actually having the same "slow" startup problems Im having?

I think I fixed it by taking out the two problems that SBLIVE! puts in. Once i disabled them my live drive didnt work though ;(

Also DIABLO 2 is still choppy ;(

The slowdown is common. Most of us hardcore users just install the drivers and do not install the Livware POS if we are really worried about it.

Is 8 or 10 seconds with an os that doesnt need frequent rebooting a big deal? I'm not sure it is. You can disable audiohq and the luancher from loading at startup maybe that will help. Also forget about monitering for live updates. Anyway, presonaly I like liveware and I havent noticed any slowdown anyway.

Uhhh 6-8 seconds lag is UNNACEPTABLE to me!

I knew i could fix it and I did!(refer to other post!)

Ok, Previously i had Liveware2.0 and everything sounded great, no choppyness, no static, no nothing. everything ran pretty smooth, now i installed Liveware3.0 and everything runs the same, it all sounds great no choppyness, no static, more options, (chipmunk thing is kewl). So i guess Liveware3 vs 2 didn't make a difference. I play games like quake and counterstrike and AOE and stuff and it all sounds great with the EAX sound. I don't know why so many people have problems, i don't think you guys know what your doing. shouldn't have problems.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanrk:
I don't know why so many people have problems, i don't think you guys know what your doing. shouldn't have problems.

HAIL LORD RYANRK (trumpets sound)

All are subservient under his genius and majesty, his name is revered and held in honour.

Us meek peasents are without clue when we discuss problems and offer suggestions, when compared to the infallable LORD RYANRK!!!

Here endeth the lesson.

------------------
Written on Win2000 using:
PII 300
Aopen AX6B
160mb RAM
i740 8mb
SBLive! Value
20gb Seagate
6gb WDCaviar
1.2gb Segate
Pioneer 32x CD-R (Slot)
Lifeview FlyVideo '98 FM
Realtek RTL8029AS 10mbit
Accton EN1660 10mbit
Aztech 3858W 56k modem
Osborne MO117 17"

Using 100% Australian Made recyclable electrons

I haven't experienced any boot lags either due to the new Liveware.

PIII 500

Abit BH6 Mobo

ATI 32Mb Rage Fury

SB Live

256Mb RAM

20Gb UDMA 66 7200rpm HDD

I managed to get rid of the boot delay and shutdown delay by moving a file called devldr32.exe (or devldr.exe) from winnt\system32 to start menu\programs\startup\. It boots a lot faster and the SB still works perfectly.

I can't believe the amount of fuss that LiveWare! adding maybe 10 seconds to your boot time has caused.

As the subject says this is under Windows 2000.

My Windows 2000 machine stays on 24/7, it doesn't need to re-booted very often.

So if once a week (I usually re-boot once a week to sort out the memory that some terrible applications have leaked away) I have to wait an extra 10 seconds, so what!

Lets work this out, 10 seconds a week, 520 seconds a year, lets say I live to 75, I'm 25 now, that means from now until the day I die I will have wasted......7.2hours.

Is this really worth all the hassle?

------------------

PIII 650 Coppermine, ABit BE6-II, 640MB PC100 RAM (Hyundai), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA66 22GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only