Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
derekmeister

Problem with logon...

I recently installed System Commander 2000 on my machine so that I could more easily triple boot (Win2k, Win98SE, Linux).

After doing so and installing the other OSs, the SC recognized the Win2k partition and automagically put it into it's boot list.

However, when I select it, everything goes fine until I recieve a message that says my paging files are too small, blah, blah. No problem, I think to myself, just jot in and fix that...

The problem is, once I log in, the message pops up with the usual "retrieving personal settings" stuff, then goes back to the log in screen. I've tried all the accounts, including the admin with no luck. I've also tried safe mode, again with no luck.

Any suggestions on places to look?

the thing is (i think) after you just added the boot manager it did change the order that w2k see your partiontion.... for example it was on drive d: and now it swith on drive c:.... the think you will have to do is to connect to your w2k from a another comptuter and run regedit and connect to the one that is having the prob. and find the key:hklm\system\mounteddevices you will find your assignation for your drive... and change it to what it was.... it should work...

(it did that to me just after ghosting it... and trying to boot with both drive...bad thing to do with win w2k...)

hope it did help...