Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TOMASZ

2195 -> realy FINAL build ?

Is the 2195 Win2k realy final build ? During the instalation I've seen the information that it is 120 days evaluation copy ?

By the way is this version ready for upgrade by somthing like service pack for NT4.0 ?

There exist two versions of 2195, one WITH a 120 day limit, and one without. Obviously you have the one with the 120 day limit. Had you done a search 1st, you wouldv'e seen posts about this. A fix exists, however it requires you to use software unpacking the ISO or file u have, replacing some of them with the patch and then reinstalling. Use the search feature of the forum, for this has been discussed in detail previously.

Have a good day.

I dont Know, When I installed it, it never said anything about trial, and it required a cd key. But when I go into safe mode it says

Build 2195 FREE. What does that mean?

As far as I know, you then have the version without the 120 day limit. Mine says the same in Safe Mode. if you, at the command prompt, type "winver" and it doesn't mention anything about a time limit, you should be ok.

Cheers.

How do I found out if I have 2195.1 or 2195.3? When I boot into safe mode it just says 2195 FREE and when I do a winver I just get Windows 5 (Build 2195)

Insert your Win2k CDrom.

Do a search on the CDROM (or i386 directory) for a file named win95upg.inf.

Open that file, and on the seventh line down it will show you what version you have. Keep in mind, however, that this does not indicate whether or not you have the version set to expire in 120 days, as that has been cracked I believe in certain copies.

Cheers,

Steve

Ok, so what should I see if I write in the command prompt "winver" to be sure that it is unlimited version ? because now I have another ver. of win2k that inform me that it is FREE UNLIMITED VERSION AND UPGRADE .

Whats the diffrens betwen 2195.1 and 2195.3? I have 2195 FREE but when I look in win95upg.inf it says:

"DriverVer=11/30/1999,5.00.2191.1"

I guess that is 2195.1, so whats the diffrens?

Well #1 there is no 2195.3 build it is just a build number someone made up to explain a version without a time check. #2. There is no difference in the 2 builds

Right guys there IS two versions of win 2000 2195 the first is 2195.3 if you have that u r stuffed it will stop working after 120 days the other version is 2195.1 that is the FINAL RETAIL VERSION right to definately find out which one you have open up the win 2000 folder CD etc go into I386 folder look for DOSNET.INF open it it will say what version you have on the 3rd line down this should clear up eveything.

Thanks hope i helped

cheers

------------------

MAC

ummmmm who cares? Hows that for an answer? MACis@ you are wrong. Simple it would go in the other direction, 2195.1 would be the 120 day trial and 2195.3 would be the non trial.....MS doesn't count backwards....do you?...Now, I have *2195.3* and dosnet.inf says it's that....however the win95upg.inf says it's 2195.1. SO what do we know at this point? 2195.3 is most likely Coreutils being creative and F**king with us. The difference is that they changed the numebrs. There is only 2195.1 and the trial period is based on your cd key. If I'm wrong? Whoopie do! Shouldn't we all be actually using legit copies anyway? =-)

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited 24 January 2000).]

The trial period isn't based on the CD key. The setup prog asks you to accept the 120-eval licence before it asks you for the key...

Yuppie is right my mate got asked that when he installed it and in dosnet.ini he has 2195.3 i had no message and i have got 2195.1 i dont know mate i cannot be certain i am not going to say that all i can say is we will find out after 120 days i am on about week 3 of using it.

Mon 24th JAN - 11:43pm - 11:44pm - 11:45pm - 11:46pm

get counting

cheers

------------------

MAC

How to find out if you're running the eval version of W2K build 2195.

Run winver.exe

The text will be

Microsoft ® Windows

Version 5.0 (Build 2195)

Copyright © 1981-1999 Microsoft Corp.

Evaluation copy. Expires ....

This product is licensed to:

If the 4th line does not appear, you don't have the 120-day eval version.

Easy really...