Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marlboro

HELP ME, OR I WILL KILL MYSELF!

I got win 2000 and i have problem with games and in every game there is a same story. The game runs great, even better than before on win 98. But suddenly my computer restarts. Just like that. No warning at all. Sometimes that is in 2 minutes and sometimes i can play 30 minutes before my computer restarts. I even downloaded that microsofts AGP fix. But it is the same. HELP ME!!!

My system: PIII 600, 256 ram, GeForce2 GTS (detonator 6.31 for win 2000), SB Live Value 1024. HELP ME GUYS!!!!

You may be receiving a system error. By default Win2K automatically reboots when this occurs. Check your Event Log. That should give you a clue to what is causing it.

What? How do i do that? As i said, i have automatic reboot DISABLED. Can you tell me what to do? Please. How do i check that?

I had a similar problem with a Gateway 866 with 256mb ram 20gb HDD at my work. I set up 5 computers that were EXACTLY the same, and 1 of the 5 kept rebooting. Anytime under heavy computing, it would reboot, no blue screen (automatic reboot off), no error logged in the Event log. I got on the phone with Gateway tech support and after 20mins of trying to convince this guy that its not a software issue, he sent me out a new Motherboard with memory and a CPU populated on the board. No problems since.. thats about as much help I can offer. Strange *** problems. Try taking of of your DIMMS out, memory can be pretty trickey to troubleshoot.

jeff

Also, you might want to check the temp of your computer.. the fact that it reboots at different intervals shows me that its probably not heat, but work investigation.

I agree. I have had other friends that would have the same rebooting problem, and it turned out to be a memory issue. That is where I would point the finger...

To check the Event Log, go into Administrative Tools (under Programs in the Start menu) and select Event Log. If Administrative Tools does not show up, Go to Settings under the Start Menu. Then select Taskbar & Start Menu. Choose the Advanced tab and click on Display Administrative Tools.

And drink less coffee. You're a bit on edge. wink

"What? How do i do that? As i said, i have automatic reboot DISABLED"

---------------------------------------------

Dude, either u know or u don't know what u're doing! Obviously u get an error and the system reboots automatically, so u don't have the pleasure of seeing the BSOD. It can happen randomly, a good guess would be a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error...give us details about ur machine: CPU/Video overclocking, Mobo type, AGP speed, RAM CAS, etc....

It is working now perfectly. It was restarting because my computer was overclocked. I put it back on default and no more crashes for me...

lol ffs

"oh sorry did i forget to mention my specs:

Cyrix MII 166 o/c to 4Ghz

32Mb RAM - soldered a few extra chips- now 128Mb

TNT2 M64 o/c to 800Mhz core; 600Mhz Mem

removed all fans (too noisey)"

ive made my point.

<scurries off back into corner>