Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Has anyone figured out a way to get System Shock 2 to run on

Why don't you try it first and then ask questions.

I believe System shock 2 uses the Quake2 engine so it should work fine.

actually it uses the Thief engine, and I have had some bad experiences installing things on my win2k system so far, i was just trying to avoid a headache if I could smile

FYI...

Running it gets you this:

"shock2.exe has generated errors, and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart this program. "

So, has anyone figured a workaround?

------------------

-AciD

>-----------------------<

Hardware:

BP6 running QQ Beta BIOS

Dual Celeron 366 @ 566MHZ

128MB Samsung -GL

IBM UDMA66 13.6g

WDC UDMA33 5.1g

Toshiba 32x

OTI Socrates 2x2x6x

V3-2000-AGP clocked @ 166

SB AWE64 Value

Hayes V90 Int. Spk Phone

>-----------------------<

Software:

Win2K Pro Retail (2195)

Office 2000 Premium

NA ViruScan NT 4.03a

Mobo Monitor 4.10

install with the "setup.exe -lgntforce" command, apply the 2.3 patch and enjoy the game. unlike w9x, w2k runs SShock 2 without crashes (at least for me)

Yep, installing with the "-lgntforce" switch, and then applying the latest patch has worked fine for me, too!!!

I've played it through 2 times already, one time single player, one time multiplayer with a friend.

While playing singleplayer, it didn't crash even ONE time at all!

During multiplayer, it behaved well during the first half of the game, but then it started to crash randomly, about 2 times an hour in average... not too nice, but it was playable.

nova.

Well I did the same and it is running beautifully smile Much smoother than Win98. Go Win2k smile Going to try Unreal Tournament next smile

I just installed this game on win2000 without the "setup -ltgforce" command or whatever, and it loads up fine, etc. but when i try to start a game, i get dumped out the the desktop.

if i change my video options within the game i only have 2 options:

640x480x8

and

800x600x8

if i select one of those then the game works but it looks like **** since it runs in 8bit mode. i figure this is a problem with my drivers or soemthing (i dont think it knows i have a voodoo2) but i've updated to the newest drivers around and i've not had any problems with other games and my voodoo card.

well, any help would be great. replying via email would be best too.

thanks.

mustafa

m-shabib@nwu.edu

How did u get it too work? I have tired and tired and tired to get it too work. I use the Setup -igntforce and it still will not install. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is also a crack to remove the safedisk protection but you still need the ss2 cd. It is the only way I can run in win2k.

Like I said in a previous posting, that´s not an "I", that´s an "L".

The correct command is "setup -Lgntforce" (of course without the " )

It´s a little bit unfortunate that there´s no difference between a small L which looks like "l" and a big "I"