Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gamemaster59

MS Sidewinder Force feedback steering wheel

i have a MS Sidewinder Force feedback steering wheel and w2k pro. The sidewinder software doesn't work with w2k but i can install it in joysticks, control panel. The steering wheel works but im not sure, maybe the force feedback is not as good as win98.

anyone with MS Sidewinder Force feedback steering wheel that can comment?

is the force feedback as good in w2k or do i have to download the new software that supports w2k?

thanks

Which version are you talking about for the MS FF wheel? Gameport or USB?

If it is USB it contains the latest drivers for the wheel on the included CD. Even though it complains when you install that it might not work, it does. Been fine playing Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed using it.

I have the USB version, thus the latest drivers on CD.

Get the latest drivers, they will work, as long as the gameport on your soundcard works wink

Where can I get the latest drivers?

in MS homepage I could only find the 3.02 version!

If you have the latest game controllers, it should come with the CD. Obviously you don't, and a thorough search of Microsoft's site shows that they don't have it anywhere..

strange. Maybe they don't want ppl to use it if they don't have the latest hardware? Must be a reason.

I can put up the Sidewinder controller software v4.0 somewhere (someone give me a location) but it's 22 megs.

What im asking is, do i need the software for the force feedback to work properly?

i just let the joystick/control panel detect and it detected a sidewinder force feedback wheel(which is right). I can get force feedback but in games like nfs5 and rally championship when i go to configure my controls on hte wheel it becomes reallly slow but once i go to another menu its all right.

What im asking is, do i need the latest software for force feedback to work properly?

thanks

I have a Sidewinder gamepad and it get really jumpy when I go to the control menu too. As for that v4.0 of the Sidewinder software, where can you get that from? Please post it somewhere if you have it since the W2K drivers for Sidewinders suck like crap.

Lothario.

does anyone know where I can download the V4.0 software from ?

I used to use the Sidewinder Force Feedback USB wheel with 98SE, and the version 3.02 software, but I have not upgraded to 2000 Pro and the force feedback is very weak and the controlls are messed up. (e.g. Depressing the accelerator causes the brake to come on, the brake does the same as depressing the accelerator. All other buttons work fine, just the foot pedals.) I have found these faults on numerous 2000 Pro machines.

I have downloaded the 95/98 Software 3.02 from MS, but it does not run/install on 2000 Pro.

I want to play my games ! Help me !

Btw, I am using Midtown Madness 1 & 2, Monster Truck Madness 2, Need for Speed 5: Porsche 2000. All games have the same problem with the foot pedals.

Where can I download this update which is mentioned earlier in this thread ??

Thanx !!!

Who ever has the software, let me know, and u can upload it to my ftp and who ever needs it can grab it from there, or i can put i on an HTTP server, one or the other, but someone needs to send me the files.

hit me up on ICQ - 65361937 or msn - mathiau@hotmail.com

laugh

Quote:
i have a MS Sidewinder Force feedback steering wheel and w2k pro. The sidewinder software doesn't work with w2k but i can install it in joysticks, control panel. The steering wheel works but im not sure, maybe the force feedback is not as good as win98.

anyone with MS Sidewinder Force feedback steering wheel that can comment?

is the force feedback as good in w2k or do i have to download the new software that supports w2k?

I have a gameport version of the FF Wheel and I can't get any force feedback in W2K, worked fine with W98SE. There's at least no W2K software for gameport version.

Does anybody know where's the problem? I've tried with Colin McRae Rally 2 and GP4 (both with and without updates).