Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Homeboy

Win2k + D3D = Lockup

Never fails. Every time I try to run a D3D game on my Win2k system, I get a hard lock and/or crash back to the desktop. I've run out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Here is my system:

Athlon 500

K7M

128 megs ram

TNT2 Ultra (w/ 5.14 drivers)

SB Live Value

20 gig HD

Hollywood+ decoder

Imation/plextor burner

Creative DVD drive

Netgear NIC

Does anyone at the very least have an explanation for this?

I have an ASUS P3B-F with my TNT2U and the 5.13 drivers are great. The 5.14s gave me something like an 80% drop in OpenGL perf (so I never got to D3D). I get superb performance in Forsaken and UT with D3D using the 5.13s

------------------

Regards,

clutch

As far as I can tell it has something to do with the Hollywood Plus beta drivers. I had the 5.13 drivers installed and d3d ran fine then I installed Hollywood plus and had issues d3d wouldnt run. To fix it I had to reinstall Win2000. If anyone has a fix Please post.

Which games?

I have the Hollywood + beta 1 driver installed for my dxr3. I have a GeForce DDR and I play UT no problem in D3D.

In Particular NFS 5 PU. Would error with message You need DX7 you have DX0 installed. Also noticed that after I installed the Hollywood + drivers the sytem wouldnt detect my moniter or its settings. My Sony 200ES became an "unknown monitor" and know mater what I did I couldnt figure out A fix for it. Hell it took me two weeks and about ten fresh installs of Win 2000 to trace it that far. Yuuckk been running for a week and a half with out the hollywood + and no issues. Also getting better game performance that Win98 (which is installed only for Dxr3 card. Bummer! Any ideas though would be Killer....Later

------------------

Dont be afraid to face the unknown!!

I've set my V770's jumpers to 2X mode rather than 4X, and no more lock-ups (using 5.13)