Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingNothing

NFS5 and nVidia Drivers

Hey guys, i've tried running NFS 5 on my TNT card [3.78 and 3.81 drivers] both did not work correctly(game froze).

Has anyone succesfully played NFS 5 using a nvidia card? What card, drivers, etc..

and I would like a URL where i can find older versions of nvidia drivers, if someone can help me out, it would be appreciated =)

Thanks!

------------------

+--------------------+

| Moise |

| moise@mediaone.net |

+--------------------+

Btw, im running Windows 2000

------------------

+--------------------+

| Moise |

| moise@mediaone.net |

+--------------------+

Don't feel left out I ran it on my V3 and it loads the main screen and then sits there and sits there. Task manager says it's used about a GIG of memory. SO as you can imagine this is rather annoying. Anyone else have this issue?

BTw I have dual monitor with a V3 and a banshee but the D3D is disabled ont he banshee and runs fine on my v3.

------------------

§E£DZÅR

http://www.win2knews.com

oh man this is no fair win did NFS5 come out ?.

I got Nfs 5 with a Guillemot Geforce Sdr (3.81) no prob to work at all .

Very fast very cute but the games s**k !!!

My specs

P3-733 mhz

Asus p3b-f

196 meg pc-133

Sblive

WareWolf

I get the same thing as mentioned above. The game installs fine, intro video is fine, then it just sits there on the loading screen until I run out of RAM.

I am running this on Win2K Pro (retail)

Voodoo3 2000

P2-450 w/256 MB RAM

This really pisses me off. This is the ONLY game I can't get to work. I really don't want to have to install Win98 for a single game. Is it that good?

yes, if you continue looking through the requirements info, i think around the 2nd page or so it says "Windows 2000 also supported" ... so yeay smile

delete the file "gimme.dll" from the game directory and it will run fine with tnt2 and maybe tnt also.

some clever person posted this fix earlier this week.

I have gotten the game to load up just fine and it plays, but sometimes it crashes when loading or exiting a race. It seems very random but always crashes at the same place. Has anyone else experienced this.

TNT2 ultra,BP6,256meg,dual celeron 525, win2000

I can't seem to use any driver > 3.65.

It appears to be working when I install new drivers, but actually it isn't.

For example, I don't see the Nvidia control panel applet when I look at the Display->Advanced...

And when I run dxdiag.exe, it shows that Direct3D Hardware Acceleration is "disabled" (thus Need For Speed : Porsche Unleashed complains, even if I try to run it using Software Rendering). Software D3D is fine though.

Restoring to 3.65 version drivers, everything works fine.

My setup is Celeron 400, Abit BX6 2.0 mobo, Win2k 2195.1, 128 MB RAM, Nvidia TNT2 (Diamond Viper 770).

Any probles with games is usually talked about in the Games section on the NtCompatible main site.

deleting the *.dll file helped me, and I found the fix on the Games section.

Thank GOD for NtCompatible

After I used the crack and deleted the gimme.dll file, I was running nfs5 without a hitch...I was using detonator 5.13 drivers on a GeForce ddr...real smooth...