Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarkWolf

Sticky Key's in W2K Poll Survey!!! Please read!!!!

To all those that read this post, Please tell me which games you run and whether or not you have sticky Key's in them and What type of mouse your using.

Thanks in advance to all that reply!!!!

Have a theory about the Sticky Key's Problem, but not sure about it unless I get this survey done so please Help out!!!!

------------------

DarkWolf

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

The only game I really play is Unreal Tournament and I use the M$ Intellimouse Pro. Quite often when I press the left mouse button, it fails to fire and I have to press it a few times to get it to fire.

Problems I have are:

NoX : Right mouse button causes the run command to stay active so character runs into walls and lava.

Rally Championship 2000 : Lose of car control, including steering, gear selection and accelerator.

Everything else works fine - Now I've said that something will go wrong smile

PIII 450

192Mb RAM

Logitech Mouseman Wheel (Mouseware 9.00)

Creative Riva TNT2 Ultra (3.76 Detonators)

SB Live Value using Beta Liveware from Creative.

evil Homer

------------------

"Screw you guys... I'm going home!"

[This message has been edited by evil Homer (edited 10 March 2000).]

Sticky keys in Rally Championship 2000 makes the game unplayable

No problems with Unreal Tournament, Quake3 or Descent Freespace 2.

MS serial mouse + Keytronic PS/2 keyboard.

- Igor -

Good idea this poll!

Hardware: Logitech cordless desktop PS2.

Occasionally stuck in Q3A and Tombraider 3 & 4. Half-life, Unreal, UT and others no problem as far as I remember.

When I am stuck, there is no way to escape except the hard way. Keyboard and mouse no longer respond and I keep on running into a wall or whatever I am doing until I get fragged or toasted in lava. Had same problem with recent standard keyboard and plain vanilla serial mouse.

BUT : WHEN I USE AN OLD CHERRY AT KEYBOARD (12-year old), NO STICKING!

Is there a prob with keyboard bios/clock?

Games that don't work:

Rogue Spear: mouse button and movement keys get stuck

NOX: mouse button gets stuck

Games that work:

UT, Thief, DF2, MM8.

I have a Microsoft Intellimouse (the old kind).

Rogue Spear, Logitech wheel mouse with latest mouseware 9.0 on Abit BP6 dual 366@550 256 RAM

Here's my deal...

Old PS2 Compaq Keyboard, Older PS2 Logitech Trackman Marble (no wheel) w/Win2K drivers. Games with sticky keys...

Unreal Tournament, Rogue Spear, and Tribes. Those are the only games I've played under Win2000 and all of them have sticky keys so I don't know of any games that don't have the problem.

Rob

I just installed my first game (Rogue Spear) under this fairly fresh bootup of Win2K Pro (final). Someone suggested setting the optimization to backround rather than apps so I did that. Installed, patched, ran game. Even when I configured my keys they were sticking. The meter for sound would stick down and go all the way one direction. Okay, knew it was gonna suck then. Anyway, I set my keys and ran the game. First shot I fired nearly emptied my magazine.

Well, games suck under Win2000 and that's a fact. It's a well known problem so hopefully MS is working on a resolution. Right now the only option is to dual boot and play games under Win98. In fact, I'm going to do that right now...

Rob

Sticky Keys???? Sounds to me like you guys need to cut back on the candy....or some other activities. wink

I have an Intellimouse Explorer with Intellieye connected by USB and a PS2 keyboard and I have not experienced any sticky key problems. I don't know if this will help or not but every time I put together a system for somebody I always go into the bios and set the typematic rate to the highest it will go. My mobo is an Abit BE6R1. Windows 2000 Pro and AS run perfect.

Games I am playing right now in NT5:

Unreal Tournament

Quake 2 & 3

Ultima Ascension

Urban Chaos

Baldur's Gate

Half-Life & Opposing Force

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run

INCUBUS - Microsoft Intellimouse Pro

Could you please state how you have it connected...PS/2, Serial?

EVIL HOMER - Logitech MouseMan Wheel

- IGOR - - Microsoft mouse Serial

FROGMASTER - Logitech Cordless desktop PS/2

RUDY - Microsoft Intellimouse (The old kind)

APV_SAV - Logitech Wheel Mouse

ROBOR - Logitech Trackman Marble PS/2 (No Wheel)

DOSFREAK - Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer (USB)

Have you guys installed the latest Microsoft Intellimouse drivers? version 3.1A?

------------------

\Run\Dos\Run

Hmmm...if someone decideds to list a modified and updated post of my last post. Please put on their that I am having no problems with sti---Awwww man I got it all over my keyboard. Hey gimme a washcloth!!!!!!-cky keys at all. I don't wanna waste another post.

------------------

\Run\Dos\Run

Has anybody actually confirmed that MS know about this? "Well known problem" on this board, but elsewhere?

Anyway,

P2-400 on AX6BC, 256MB RAM.

Intellimouse Explorer (USB), Internet Keyboard Pro (USB),

Multimon V3-3000AGP, V3-2000PCI,

MX300 (Vortex2 - wish Aureal would release better drivers)

No sticky key problem in any game so far.

Tried:

Extensively: Q3, HL/CS, UT, Sports Car GT. Briefly: Mech3, Ultima9, Homeworld, Doom95.

DosFreak, in answer to your question, my Logitech Mouseman Wheel is connected via USB. Motherboard is a QDI BrillianX 440BX Chipset, with latest BIOS. In case that had anything to do with it.

Laters...

evil Homer

------------------

I have MS Intellimouse 1.1A PS/2 and PS/2 Keyboard. The only game I play that I have probs with is Rogue Spear. Both keys and mouse stick resulting in many of my team mates deaths laugh

No probs with Q3A, UT, Phantom Menace, Jedi Knight, Mysteries Of The Sith, Alien VS Predator, Descent Freespace.

Hope your theory turns out good!!

------------------

PIII 450

ASUS P2B-F (BIOS 1012.001)

128 MB Ram

DV 770 32Mb TNT2 (Det. 3.78)

Quantum Fireball 8.4Gb HDD

Tekram DC-310 SCSI Adapter

Panasonic CW-7502 SCSI CD-R

Creative Sound Blaster PCI 64 (ES 1370)

Daewoo 710b 17"

Windows 2000 2195.1

-------------------------

#NTCompatible on UNDERNET!!!

Since I went over to Win2k, I have less problems with sticky keys. But I still got some problems in Unreal Tournament.

I use a cheap ps/2 keyboard, and a logitech pilot mouse serial.

It's running on a AMD K6-2 350, 96 MB.

DosFreak... My Intellimouse is plugged in my PS/2 port and I'm using PS2Rate set at 200 Hz.

I'm using the drivers provided by Win2k.

[This message has been edited by Rudy (edited 12 March 2000).]

Here is an updated listing:Mouse List

Sticky Keys Problems

APV_SAV - Logitech Wheel Mouse

ROBOR - Logitech Trackman Marble No Wheel (PS/2)

Ekstreme - Microsoft Intellimouse (PS/2)

GENiUS - Logitech Pilot Mouse (Serial)

EVIL HOMER - Logitech MouseMan Wheel (USB)

- IGOR - - Microsoft Mouse (Serial)

FROGMASTER - Logitech Cordless desktop (PS/2)

RUDY - Microsoft Intellimouse (PS/2)

No problems

Spong - Intellimouse Explorer (USB)

Hello all, Sorry it took so long to to get back to everyone on this topic, but I have been away networking this weekend and just got back not to long ago.

My Purpose for this post was to get as many responses from the poeple on this msg board to respond to my original post so that I may collect a list of all users having the sticky key's problem and then bringing it to Microsoft's ATTN: as well and the game companies to see what they have to say about it and to see whether or not they are working on something at present time to fix this Well known problem for those poeple like myself who would like to use W2K for more then just business Apps.

So please keep posting away!!!! and tell any of your friends that are having the prob to post as well. When I reach a certain amount of users who are hainvg this prob then I will print out the info and sort through it and redo the Poll in a plain TXT file and send it off too everyone. (Game companies and Microsoft) to see what they say. I will then wait for the replies from them and either one post them here or 2 post it on my web site!!!!

Thanks to all those who have replied, unfortunately I don't think my thoery worked.

To those of you who have a serial mouse and have this prob. Please tell me what W2K is using as the Mouse and Keyboard driver.

Again thanks to all who have replied and please keep them coming in. Sorry this was so long!!!

------------------

DarkWolf

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

Here is an updated listing:

Sticky Keys Problems

APV_SAV - Logitech Wheel Mouse (PS/2)

ROBOR - Logitech Trackman Marble No Wheel (PS/2)

Ekstreme - Microsoft Intellimouse (PS/2)

GENiUS - Logitech Pilot Mouse (Serial)

EVIL HOMER - Logitech MouseMan Wheel (USB)

- IGOR - - Microsoft Mouse (Serial)

FROGMASTER - Logitech Cordless desktop (PS/2)

RUDY - Microsoft Intellimouse (PS/2)

No problems

Spong - Intellimouse Explorer (USB)

Well I installed Shogo, installed the latest patch and fired her up at 1024 x 768 16 bit highest detail. Ran smooth as glass literally. Only wierd things i notice is that I set my right mouse button to move me forward. well when i hold it down and then let go, i keep going very very fast and i have to click it once or twice to stop. Also everything seems to be running faster time wise in the game. like people walk alot faster, the train at the beginning moves faster. Any ideas?

K6-2 450 128 megs , G400 32 SH, Windows 2000 pro 2195

oh by the was my mouse is a Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1a ps/2. I am not running any of the intellimouse software (should I? ) I am just using the drivers that win2k installed.

BTW, I thought I might just add that I had the mouse problem before I installed Mouseware 9.00 on my Logitech USB Mouseman. So maybe we can count out the new drivers as being a problem?

------------------

Well here is an update from myself for those of you who have been keeping track of this thread. I did a fresh install of just W2K only with no other drivers loaded except the ones W2K uses, I found that I still had the sticky key's problem. I also noticed that after the install last night of W2K that after I got up in the morning to change some settings on W2K that for no apparent reason that my keyboard no longer worked. I found that the sticky's key's problem is more then just a problem. Since my first post I went to using a Logitech Wingman Gaming Mouse(USB) and I still have the sticky key's in games. Also my theory didn't work out as I had thought it would. Also I want to say thanks to DosFreak for keeping the list updated. Also if anyone knows anyone or has another mouse laying around there house that is not a Logitech mouse. Please do me a favor and hook it up to your computer and play a game that you know you have had the sticky keys in. The reason for this is to try and set the record straight that is doesn't matter what kind of Mouse it it that you use and it is not the mouse that is causing the problem, and that the problem lies else where and that I ask you to do this since I saw another post on this board from someone saying that we were having this problem because we were all using(for the most part) Logitech Mice and that(for the most part) they were all PS2 Mice. But since this poll I have noticed that we all not all using Logitech PS2 mice and not all of them are PS2. So that is why I asked someone to use a differnet mouse other then Logitech and a Microsoft Mouse.

Was curious if anyone has tried replacing some of the DX files that W2K installs with some of the drivers from W98(without running the install program to install them)to see if maybe that would fix the problem. Only reason for this is cause I sae a differnet Post where that the software company that made Rouge Spear said that it was a DX problem.

Sorry about the post being so long and again keep the posts coming. Just be sure to metion which games and what type of mouse and whether the mouse is serial or PS2.

Also DosFreak Thanks for your help in keeping the list updated for me. Please Keep up the good work.

When I get a total of 30 different poeple with this problem I will compile the list and start sending it off to the Game companies and to MS themselves!!!!

Again thanks to all!!!

------------------

DarkWolf

The only games I've had sticky key problems with so far are Alien Vs. Predator and Rogue Spear. Oddly enough Rainbow6 runs fine.

The problem occurs using a Microsoft wheel mouse USB, and with a Logitech wheel mouse PS/2. I've tried Microsoft's latest USB internet keyboard, and the Microsoft PS/2 Internet keyboard. Any combination of these still suffers from sticky keys in the above games.

PIII 500

ASUS P2B

192 MB Ram

DV 770 32Mb TNT2 (Det. 3.78)

IBM Deskstar 21.5 Gig

Adaptec Dual3920 SCSI Adapter

Plextor UltraPlex32 SCSI CD

Plexwriter 12/4X SCSI