Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

Unreal Tourney 405B / WIN2k?

Anyone here get this working?

I put the new 405b patch on last night, go to start UT, and I get "Page Fault in Nonpage Area...ntoskrnl.exe"

Blue screen error, and a reboot. It works fine without that patch, just curious what is causing it, and if anyone else has gotten it. It is really getting annoying...

Yes. I applied the patch and it works fine on my system:

Celeron 466 OC'd to 525

256MB RAM

Viper V770 Ultra

MX300

No problems and it seems to be a touch faster than it was with the 402 patch.

Regards...

It's an internal error in NT Kernel... all I can say.

Sometimes it can be caused by a program running in background.

You say that you have nothing running in the background?

I'll say that before I run UT, I kill the Plextor Manager 2000, Stop IIS services, and Disable NAV 2000 - primarily to give UT as many processor cycles as possible. It's possible that you have something running as a service that's causing the problem. You can check with Task Manager to see all of the processes running and to see if there is something in conflict on your machine.

Hope this helps...

How about something as simple as reinstall unreal tournament? Sounds crazy but hell it just might work. =)

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited 19 January 2000).]

I had the crashing problem as well, so I turned everything off and ran UT. It ran fine, and started turning everything back on. A program called Audiosphere caused a crash, and when removed UT ran fine. I also deleted the Microsoft Office startup items in the startup group, but I'm not sure if they had any effect.

I can't get UT to run in fullscreen mode. It runs in a window. I have tried both with 400 and 405. Kind of sucks. Anyone have an idea?

I have a:

PII 450 mHz

10 GB HD

128 MB Ram

Viper 770 TNT2

You might want to try nVIDIA Detonator 3.69 drivers for your TNT2. Ever since I've installed that, a lot more games started working. So far, Quake3, Unreal Tournament v4.05, Descent 3 v1.3, Rogue Spear v2.05, Total Annihilation, Star Wars Phantom Menace, etc etc. The right drivers do wonders ;-)

Here's a link to that driver: http://members.xoom.com/PitGS/Public/Grafik/GeForce/Win2k369.zip

I have a TNT with 3.68 installed, and UT 4.00 runs in windowed mode only when I attempted to use D3D, but when I switched over to openGL, it runs in full screen mode. 4.05 just sits there and locks up. If you are using D3D, is dxdiag happy with it?

[This message has been edited by eugalaka (edited 25 January 2000).]

I found it. smile

Anyway: In OpenGL it lags VERY much. In D3D it only starts in Windowed mode. Software mode runs in full screen mode but the grafix aren't the best. Help me!!!