Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SHS

Bad new's every one with Windows2000 RC2

OpenGL ICD & Glide is official DEAD

at less for Voodoo3.

Any with Voodoo1, Voodoo2 Banhee may have the Problem as well

How every D3D now official Work's On the Voodoo3

If I interpret this correctly, my glide/opengl games (q3/unreal) will stop working with rc2.

What is the next step, wait for 3dfx to come out with a driver for w2k?

V3/abit bp6

That rigth, I all ready try down grade the voodoo3 drivers but I lost D3D support in doing so try uesing 2072 & 2099 & 2114 drivers, so it was no go that way.

Unreal will run D3D mode but the bad part is Unreal get a lot of paues in the game

in fact so do Half-Life Ahhh man this real sink.

I'am working on a fix or a work a round "I hope".

I keep you all post if & win I find a fix

I still have few more ace up my sleve hehe.

Well it no go with older banshee drivers to ahhh, same problem show up Glide will then work then D3D dosen't DBL ahhh.

From look of thing's it look we need some official Windows2000 Glide Drivers.

Who realy cares about D3D. Is it still possiable to get V3 working with Glide and open Gl under RC2 and forget about D3D 4 now?

Lemme get this straight.

I have a voodoo banshee. If I want to run Glide games, they wont work? But D3d will?

Thats F*cked up. I think voodoo 3 drivers are compatible with voodoo banshee drivers.

one thing i recommend for banshee owners is, buy an old 486 cpu fan and jab weld it on your heat sink, i can run at 120mhz in blaster control(3d blaster banshee by CL) compared to my friend that cant go higher than 110 without it locking up

Yeah. F*** D3D. I Hate D3D. The real reason why It was developed was to ruin Other better O.S. like OS/2

And Linux. It Would be a better world

only with OGL.

I installed 3dfx's latest nt4 drivers and renamed 3dfxogl.dll to opengl32.dll and i've run quake, quake2, and tribes already...i haven't tested any other games yet

I am not quite sure I understand what you are trying to say? Glide and OpenGL don't work on RC2?

I am running RC2 (build 2128) and Glide/OpenGL seem to be working fine. It was little painful to install the correct drivers (see my thread in the 2000 Hardware message board for info), but I did eventually get it to work.

This is a very OLD topic. As of now RC2 works "well" with V3.