Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pimpin228

w2k good or bad? whats your opion

Yeah, dont get XP or any OS when it comes out. I got ME the day it came out, and Im still kinda regretting it.

I have some small complaints about Win2k, but Ive been able to get most of them taken care of. I consider it to be a well done OS, and am not even sure if XP is a consideration for me yet. Im not ready to jump to a new OS after my run in with ME. XP will probably be a lot better than ME, but you cant say that for sure. Wait, like, 3 months so you can see what the major problems are and then go to it. For me, Im very pleased with 2k and its versatile platform. Ive had far less problems with it than 98 and especially ME. Ive had to reinstall a few times, but that been from user error. I havent had to restart a whole lot except for a few overclocking steps. I love the networking on 2k, ME is horrible. I cannot get ME to network with a 2000 computer and I dont know why. Oh,well its on my dual boot system, so I just have to be in 2k to do good networking.

with XP, if its anything like win2k i'll love it, but i will have to turn off Luna until i feel like getting used to it, on the other hand i love eyecandy so i'll probable start to like it as well too, when i first got Win2k i could not get over the fading menus i absolutly loved 'em.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jdulmage:
haha, there is a lot more in XP than that, obviously you speak with no clue as to what your saying..

I'm upgrading to XP frankly because win2k is a crumb in comparsion. I want a fast, stable, compatibility, gaming OS that runs all of my stuff and allows me to do stuff easier and better than before, XP is the only thing suited to that description. Win2k is nothing in comparsion. So, I'll be defintely upgrading
</font>

Ive seen the same words everytime M.S. belches out a new O.S. Someone just buys into M.S. propaganda just a little too easy. laugh Anyway 2000 rocks but I always keep 98se installed for better game compatibility. Open gl kicks on 2000 but d3d games just dont do as well. XP does look promising but so did Me in the early phases. mad

xp is definatly the shiznit but to say that 2000 is crap in comparison is total bs cause xp is mostly win2k. As for not upgrading until an os is released i used win 2k and win me in their beta stages and i am now using 2428 as my primary os. I was having some problems with win2k that just were not getting solved by the updates and so far i am having no problems with xp and it is incredibly fast. 2428 runs better on my sys than win me or win2k and the new features are nice. XP is only a minor upgrade for a win2k user however all of the minor upgrades amount to some majorly obvious advances in the interface, ease of use, compatibility, etc.

Well wehatever works for your system? I think w2k works best for me, But if xp is the best for you then there you go.

you mean, without the solid NT platform there would be no WinXP. Whistler was started BEFORE Windows 2000 was even close to being done. Sometime in early 1999 (almost a year before 2000 was released). It has nothing to do with win2k, just the enhancing of the NT platform. So without NT there would be no XP. Those are facts, take them to the bank.

Funny, MS seems to think that it's built on Win2K:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/

"Windows® XP, built on the enhanced Windows 2000 engine, features a fresh new look and extends the personal computing experience. "

------------------

Regards,

clutch

that's cuz they don't tell you "the rest of the story".

sure, the old versions of Whistler/Neptune combos said Windows 2000, NT 5, whatever. But they were sorta both worked on around the same times. NT 5, sure it was built on that, but not the final RTM 2000, it was built on NT 5 Beta 2, XP already has like SP1 and SP2, and arguementally, it has SP 2 1/2 installed, because all bugs found in 2k during the beta testing phase were cleaned out in real-time on Whistler/Neptune.

Just cuz MS says that doesn't mean it's the absolute 100 % true, it's because they don't want to mention cancelled OS's, such as Neptune, etc.

Enhanced Windows 2000 Engine = Enhanced NT Engine. I already mentioned that in my last post.

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 06 March 2001).]

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyywwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jdulmage you are a tester? for M$? and you claim you know all. Isn't that how you start out in the industry? In my experience most QA people are jackasses that dont know what the hell they are talking about(otherwise they would be programmers). But I guess you could be the exception. Just my first impression of you loud mouth.