Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

This forum is losing touch badly.

It ain't just me, but the past 3 months in this forum have shown unprofessional attitudes, pointless posts, rude and personal situations with damn near half to 3/4 of the posts made here.

This forum is starting to suck.

Counntless flame wars over OS's, processors, video card companies, hardware, software, the works....everything being flamed all the time, shows NO professional attitudes by ALL of us, including myself.

And why is this? because people are trying propaganda all over this forum, it's almost as if each one of us works for the company or lives by the piece of whatever (hardware, software) that we are sticking up for. It is causing a lot of people to leave the forum, complain, flame, etc.

I have gotten lots of e-mail from people that know me on the forum, saying "Doesn't anyone give useful answers at NTCompatible?". My answer is always the same, it is "We all are losing it".

So, we all are entitled to our opinions, that's great, wonderful news. But we should try doing it in a professional manner, here are some examples of both:

Professional:

"Windows Millennium doesn't seem to run nearly as good as Windows 98 on my machine"

Unprofessional:

"Windows Millennium is lame, it's a gay OS that should not have been made, doesn't even run well here compared to windows 98"

see the difference? We should be pushing the professional approach, don't call something names and put it down, just give your general errors, problems, etc, then things will be done. Nobody calls a help desk and says that Netscape is being gay, so why do it here?

We are ALL losing our professional touch, including myself, I should be using my knowledge more than my smart mouth remarks, and I think a lot of people agree on this.

Take it for what it's worth, i'm just suggesting a way that you, I, and others that join could make this place a whole lot better, and a little less chaoic.

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 09 March 2001).]

Id really have to say you are right, Jdulmage. I think that the insults have snowballed, due to OS choice, insufficent data, and just being an idiot in general.

I diagree with jdulmage on XP, but that is a personal preference. But weve both made it in to a zealous war of the best OS. Another example, hardware related but not as strong, is about 3dfx core assets being swallowed by nVidia. Lets give whats left of 3dfx some respect here, people. Without them, we may not have known about what 3d acceleration was all about. nVidia has done something right, but if nVidia gets ATI, there will be a monopoly. And we all know where that got Microsoft--a supposed monopoly. We owe it to the companies that pioneered in their respective fields a little respect. Im not saying we let them off the hook when they have done something wrong.

Companies have a right to set prices, as long as people have no better alternative, whichever company has the upperhand will probably continue to do so.

Lets agree to disagree, peacefully.

smile

I help as much as I can but unfortunately my work keeps me away. I love my work but I love the net too. frown and smile for both.

Funny, the same person who creates most of the havoc on this board is the one calling for the cease fire.

I need not say any more.

[This message has been edited by Sandoval (edited 09 March 2001).]

Great. Glad to see it.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

great, then it's agreed by at least me and the rest of you. It is ironic that the chao king is now the peace keeper

Unfortunately, Jdulmage, I think your sentiments may not be enough. Your past seems to come back to haunt you, therefore, some people probably wont take you seriously.

I figure, everyone screws up, but you cant control everyones reactions. But hey, this is at least a start.

In the post reply box, theres a thing that says Smilies Legend on the left toward the bottom. That'll pop up a box that gives you the smilies and what you type to display them. smile

JD, Your the one turning this board into a flame forum. DOn't try to defend yourself, i've seen your posts on other forums "Darkseige"

learn to spell..

secondly, this post is again turning into a flame war, and I haven't even said anything myself, don't turn this post into one of them either, this is a cease fire post as far as THIS forum is concerned, please don't bring other forums into this matter. I am trying to bring peace here, please leave it at that.

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 12 March 2001).]

LOL

Jdulmage, I admit it's a very nice gesture, and I agree with you!

But you must understand... if this thread was posted by, oh.. lets say dosfreak, or clutch, or i dunno.. somebody else, it would not have gone on for two pages already.

As you've admitted, you have been a major culprit of many "flames" on this board, so expect that some members will respond to this post in a way that may not tickle your fancy.

You would do best to just ignore any negative comments directed toward you. Pretend they never happened.

Remember, "Revenge is best served on a cold dish". This is some of the best advice ever given to me.

Chow,

Sandoval

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" may be a closer translation. Makes a big difference in the meaning. laugh

And I agree with Four and Twenty. 'Bout the only thing in danger around me is brownies...and donuts...just about any pastry I guess. wink

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

[This message has been edited by DeadCats (edited 14 March 2001).]

Um... are you sure that's the way it's said? I think my way is right.

Cuz, you don't eat dishes.. so you you wouldn't be "served" one. lol.

Unless you're talking about cold food. I think my way is right.. cuz the food is hot, but you give it in a very "cold", or "non hot" way... I dunno.

Either way gets the point accross I guess, but I'm gonna stick with mine!

Better than getting cold food on a hot dish cuz it would melt.

Um, actually Deadcats is right. But your explanation was great!

laugh

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Back to the topic at hand, I have really noticed a large decrease in the quality of the posts. Sure the regulars (you know who you are) come through with insightful answers and solutions to problems, while others post some rediculous replys. It ssmes everyone here seems to be getting lazy, myself included. I really agree with jd's professional suggestion. When i get home after a long day of semi-conductor electronics the last thing i wanna hear is how much a certain OS blows, or destroys. Given, this message board has a very wide variety of topics, all of them seem to end up in some rather childish banter, like i said, myself included. I think one of the main problems is that we all know eachother and their style and its getting to everyones ego, myself included.

Yeah, Sandoval does have a nifty explanation for it. laugh

"Dish" means a food item. Not necessarily served ON a dish, the dining implement.

As it refers to revenge, I believe it means that it's not something to be sought "in the heat of passion."

Anyway, back to jdulmage's point: Everything's fluid, including message boards. Eveything's always in a state of flux. "Things fall apart; the center will not hold."

One things for sure: All life is about change. It's inevitable. Quit whining and learn to deal with it.

I mean, look at it like this: I just farted and left stains in my underwear. Now, I can either gripe about my wife's damn chili. I can quit eating her damn chili. Or I can just shut the heck up and change my underwear. Personally (assuming I don't want to have to start fixing my own meals), changing my underwear is the easiest and most effective solution. It sure beats the results I've obtained from griping at my wife.

So, jdulmage, if you don't like what's going on here, either improve your own part of it and learn to live with the rest, or leave.

Or change your underwear. wink

DC

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001