Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DavidNewbould

hahaha s.hitey windows2000 - no more slow games 4 me

I know the majority of you have had your SB Live work fine. I was just flamming all the people who have had problems with creative. They blame creative for there problems and not some other piece of hardware causing there sound card to not work right.

Just thought I would get that off my chest since I seem to get in trouble when I don't agree with the anti-creative people that visit this board.

Ronin: No reason to appologize if their computers don't work! This is after all a technical discussion.

Granted, it is highly unlikely to see someone visit discussions if everything works... That just peeves off all the people with problems.

"Yeah, I just wanted to say that everything is running perfectly, sorry I can't help..." Don't you hate those posts??? smile

I am in the same boat, my SB Live works with the exception of Star Trek Armada, but that game is buggy beyond belief. I don't blame Creative for Activision's screw-ups. Some people also have legitimate problems.

It seems the anti-Creative people are the ones that previously purchased an Aureal board. They vent on Creative, because Aureal isn't taking their calls! wink

I guess this was off topic, but it's not like this topic was going anywhere to begin with.

Of course everyone here that reads these posts realizes that DavidNewbould is just pushing everyone's buttons. If everyone would just ignore ignorant posts like this, they would happen less and less often. DavidNewbould, you should flame Whistler. JDULMAGE will love to talk to you about that, and he can try to show you how whistler is better, maybe the two of you will fight and flame forever and create a cyber-warp thing that will suck you both in and make you go away like I wish all bad people would do. There are some serious people who view this site and all these "win2000 sucks" posts just make the writer look like an a$$. This is America, you can suck if you want to. BUT NOT HERE.

Well, anyway, I know that this is really none of my business, so now you all can flame me too.

PS Win2000 kicks ass!

Everyone at NTCOMPATIBLE LOVES WIN2000

oh its america is it ???

no thanks not 4 me.

im not a flamer, im just advising everyone to throw win2k BACK into the bin and get win98SE out from the "shelf of brilliance", you all know it makes sense.

as for whistler....no i'll not bother

ok...I'm tired of this.

F*ck You if you don't want Win2k. Stay off this board or go to the Win9x forum within the board.

Many, if not all of us, had the b@lls to go to an NT system from 9x, or stayed with NT and are very happy with this system. A few of us were idiots that though 2000 was the next 9x(which it should be, as well as this runs). Some more of us found problems and ran away completely from W2k. Most of us decided to Dual boot and have the best of both worlds..after all..if it doesn't work, spend 3 minutes of your life going into 9x or 2k. Then there are those die-hard 2k enthusiasts such as myself that not only are using W2k as our sole OS(excluding Unix based OSes), but even went out and upgraded our computers to be able to enjoy it(and of course, games) more.

We made the decision, and we're sticking to our decisions. My Win2k isn't in a bin, both(Prof and Advanced Server) Master CDs are in a DVD case locked up so as to not be damaged. Conversely, My 9x was used for target practice with my .22 rifle when W2k got working.(Plus it was first edition :P)

As for windows running faster? yeah it might at the beginning...but wait a few days and see which OS is faster(I'll give you a hint. 9x will be from 80 or so free resources to 30). Win2k is for the long haul, not the daily rebooters.

Now stop writing crap about this fantastic OS in a legitimate forum. If you don't like it, post this in Other, or 9x.

SHS or Phillips? Please move this to an appropriate forum. This is not the place for whining about an OS...it's for whining about Creative and HP and anything else :P

[This message has been edited by INFERNO2000 (edited 04 October 2000).]

SHS, please close this thread or it will go on forever & thats just what this kid want.

// Toby

Hey, whassamatta, can't we give this jerk-off the same amount of latitude we sometimes give jdulmage? (It would be kinda cute seeing a catfight between the two.)

I mean, if nothing else, it demonstrates that Gawd created Win9x so that idiots wouldn't have to try running Win2K. laugh

------------------

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935

Listen you piece of ****, Win9x does not own, i feel bad for having it installed as another OS, but it ain't staying long....get the hell outta here because if your trying for another post to be in a race with mine, think twice.

------------------

Whistler is or will be better than Windows 2000, if you don't think so, get a reality check and hope it doesn't bounce.

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 06 October 2000).]

just close this topic. By provoking a response from people saying win98 sux bla bla bla he wins. If we say nothing he will tire of it and just go back to win98 then whine and complain when nobody supports 9x anymore. Then we can be like told ya so.

Yeah let's close this topic!

We have a record to break with jdul's thread.

This guy comes from another board where they want to get the world record.

Do not allow the competition disturb us from our objective : the longest post in history.

I'm gonna push up the other thread smile

Instead, let's just register a usenet newsgroup. I vote we entitle it, "alt.win2000.davidnewbould.die.die.die."

Come to think of it, we could have one for jdulmage, too. :P

------------------

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler, 1935

[This message has been edited by DeadCats (edited 07 October 2000).]

Sorry to keep it going but I had to add my opinion here. Yes 2K is superior to 9x, however I have run all Windows since 3.1, and if you know what you are doing you can get any Windows (even 98) to run good (2K runs great), currently I am just running ME (for personal reasons, do not want to get flamed here), but I still agree 2K is superior, but w/ half a brain you can make all Windows run w/ out issues.

Haha... This is fun! Everyone is kinda "beef-up" like back when jdulmage made his comment. It's like a deja-vue experience! laugh (JDULMAGE- How does it feel to have a clone? hehe JK). More seriously, every OS has it's own specs, advantages and disadvantages. It's like comparing apples to oranges. If DavidNewbie likes to play games; of course, it's better to stick with Win98 or WinMe (franckly, I don't know why you did install Win2000 in the first place thought, unless you don't know nothing about NT or Win2000 back then). Anyways, more and more games compagnies are going to support Win2000 as well (Q3, Diablo, AoE, etc) as Win9X. So you can't say that Win2000 can't be a gaming OS. Win2000 can do what Win9X can but not the other way around! I use Win2000 because I've got two cpus on one board (that's one reason why on Win2000, I NEVER CRASH since I've installed it! :P )and Win9x can't manage it. On a more social-economic note, weither it's Win98 or Win2000 it doesnt really matters coz in the end, it's benefits the same thing: the Gate empire! Muhaha!

Why do we waste valuable time and space in a thread like this?

Sorry to hear that DavidNewbould about your games being slow for you Sound you need real System like mine.

Intel P3 600E@800EB slot1

Abit BH6 Rev 1.0 Motherboard (Bios: BH6SS)

2, Micron 128meg SDRAM 168pin DIMM (PC100)

Creative Lab's SB Live! Value (CT4670)

Linksys LNE100TX Fast PCI Ethernet NIC (Rev: 2)

Promise Ultra66 PCI

I/O Magic MagicWriter MRW-4432 4x4x32 (Firmware: Z041)

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1202 (Firmware: 1028)

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 30gig 7200 IDE (53073H6 Firmware: DAC1)

Western Digital 8.4gig 5400 IDE (AC28400R Firmware: 17.0)

Lexmark Z12 Color Jet Printer

Intel PC Camera Pack USB (Model: CS330)

ZyXEL 128k ISDN Omni.net

Zoom 56k Dualmode External Modem (Model: 2949L)

2, D-Link USB Hub 4 Port (Model DSB-H4)

Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel USB

Microsoft SideWinder FreeStyle Pro USB

Microsoft SideWinder Precision 2 USB

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer USB

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro USB

Umax Astra 3400 USB

Hauppauge WinTV-dbx-Radio 401 (Model: 61381 Rev: D123 Decoder: BT878 Tuner Model: Philips FM1236)

ViewSonic G773 (Rev: 1)

3dfx Voodoo5 5500 (Bios: 1.06 Rev: 1)

Cambridge PCWorks FourPointSurround FPS1000 speakers

Win real world real gamers will use nothing but WinNT or Windows2000 at Lan Party.

As far as closes this topic "NO" this is rigth place for it.

now look at it frown

you got the admins involved :P

David....you days are numbered...

so shut....the hell....up!

or david could have a real REAL system like mine (yes SHS mine`s bigger than yours smile

p3700@933

asus cusl2 (1003 final bios)(also the latest inf, ata and security drivers)

2 different noname sd100ram@133

gf2 creative 32 meg (6.47 detonators)

sb 64 =)

logitech mouseman (logitechs 9.0 drivers)

everglide giganta

asuscom isdn adapter (lowest ping i have had was 25@64kbit =)

well..at least this adds up to 210 fps @ 800x600/16 in the fastest setting with speedlls

=)

...Grumble grumble grumble....

Mine's better

------------------

NECESSARY EVIL

--Custom Built [H]ard PC--

<Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP1>

Intel Pentium III Coppermine(FCPGA 370) 800eb @ 954 (with an original ThermalTake Golden Orb heatsink)

Asus CUSL2 motherboard(no onboard sound)Rev 1.02 BIOS; rev 1003.004 (Beta)

256MB PC133 SDRAM (1x256 Mushkin Rev2 CAS 2:2:2 5t/7t @ 159mhz)

SuperMicro 760A Full Tower(Modded for more fans and painted Rustoleum Hammered Black)

SP301-RA 300W Athlon Approved Redundant Cooling Power Supply

IBM15-7 15GB UDMA/100 7200RPM hdd & 30GB MAXTOR Diamand Max UDMA/66 7200 RPM hdd

7 80mm,3 92mm, and 2 120mm High Output fans(along with 2 80mm in Power Supply, CPU, and GeForce fans) spewing out well over 1000 CFM

Creative Labs SB Live! X-Gamer running on Liveware 3

Creative Labs Graphics Blaster Annhilator Pro GeForce256 DDR on Detonator 6.47

Logitech Itouch Pro Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer(Gen 1) & Everglide (HL Giganta)

Logitech Soundman G1 Powered Speakers & AIWA HPX222 Headphones

D-Link DFE-530TX+ 10/100 Ethernet Adapter

Compaq V720 17” (1280x1024) Monitor

Hewlett Packard 660Cse Printer

Memorex 4x2x24 CD-RW & Pioneer 6x DVD/ 32x CD-ROM

Hauppauge WinTV Go

Sorry to say nagual & INFERNO2000 but that asus cusl2 is slower then my BX hehe

Not when it's set up like mine smile

I agree about the BX being better at stock speeds(133), but I'm running at 159mhz. Mine will beat your BX

Also, Bios Revision 1003.004 and .006 increased memory performance by an additional 5%

[This message has been edited by INFERNO2000 (edited 07 November 2000).]

shs : nothing a couple of driver updates and inf files wont fix smile if youre talking bout the slight slight memory performance boost bx has over i815.

also the cusl2 has more features than bx..ie. ata100 (just one example).

also..id like for you to compare your fps to mine wink and lotsa fps is all i care bout

*just had to get the last word* smile

oh..just saw infernos post smirk

[This message has been edited by nagual (edited 14 November 2000).]