Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spad18

Be honest now!!!

120 Eval of Pro, time bomb still active, Hot Kit ordered, waiting for that to arrive. This is a great OS but I had to get it the cheapest, legal way possible smile (Spent money upgrading the old beast of a p2 finally)

never purchased a software. will not until I use it for commercial purpose. and I think that everyone is right to do the same, no?

I am a student in Multimedia Design. already paying 20,000$ for the course, you think I will buy 10,000$ of softwares to do my homeworks? who agrees? who doesnt?

I pirate every peice of software I can win2k pro included. I can't wait to finish downloading win2k server. The only software you should buy is the stuff you can't pirate or stuff made buy companies that actully need the money (IE not Microshaft)

I live in Thailand so that should be the answer....Every piece of software (with upgrades of course) costs $2 US...

Got my Hot Kit 2 weeks ago and installed it immediately right over the d/led copy, hehe.

Well I have a legal copy...$5...Got to love that fact that microsoft has an agreement with my university. Got Office premium for only $20 also.

Hehe - my CDR has more than paid for itself - gee, come to think of it - I got that free too...

I run a warezed win2k 2195 without the timebomb. With a dsl line it's easy to get. If I could find someone that would sell it for $40 bucks I'd buy it. Thats how I got NT4...

I didn't paid for mine, Bill gave it to me.

Since this topic never seems to die, Id better join the gang:

I have the retail version of Windows 2000Pro, I bought a Student-license, which costs about 1/9 of normal price.

/Turbo Grunkamoj

---------------------------------------------

You could do it that way, but it's not right!

---------------------------------------------

Windows 2000 kick ass, actually this is the first time I’ve ever considered buying a Microsoft OS. Go buy now!

My 2 centz... Give money to MS? HAHAHA pirated all the way.... I paid $600 to be an MCSE and now that their taking that away from us (unless we renew by dec 31,2001), I just dont see myself giving them any more money.

------------------

Celeron 300A@450, Abit BH6, 160 RAM, Maxtor 6.4 UDAM33 HD, 48x Lite-on CDROM

Diamond v770 tnt2 16 meg, Voodoo2 8, meg, 17"Daytek

[This message has been edited by Tim Bazzinett (edited 01 April 2000).]

i have a pirated copy...... well actually i dunno if its pirated or not.....

my friend burnt me a copy of his retail CD....his retail CD got broke(erm it was my fault heh, he abuses his CDs, it was on the floor, i didnt know it, and rolled my chair over it when I was at his house) so he gave me his CDkey and bought another copy.....

i swear to whatever deity you worship that is true

I was using a burned copy, but then the company I work for had a raffle give away of your choice of any software from the Microsoft store, so I figured why not make it legal, I now own my copy. Not installed though. Still running the pirated copy, for evaluation purposes only.

I'm in the same boat as grimm. Multimedia student, forking out $15,000 (ozzie bucks mind you) for a course who's software requirement is through the roof! Companies, like MS and Kinetix, for example, turn a blind eye to some forms of student piracy, as in the long term, those students turn into business customers. The only way that these students are going to get good enough to turn into potential long-term customers, is if they get their education. And THAT is where the bucks are.

When I'm done shelling out my $15,000 and have a fulltime job earning me the bottom-of-the-barrel $80 an hour, I sure as sh*t will be buying every darn piece of software I need. Providing the price is right smile

Just my piece.

BTW, anyone wanna throw a copy of maya 2.5 unlimited my way laugh

------------------

Intel PIII 450

ASUS P2B-F (BIOS 1012)

128 MB PC 100 SDRam

Diamond Viper 770 32Mb TNT2 (Det. 5.13)

Quantum Fireball 8.4Gb HDD

Tekram DC-310 SCSI Adapter

Panasonic CW-7502 SCSI CD-R

Mitsubishi Diamond Data 32x IDE CD Rom

Creative Sound Blaster PCI 64 (ES 1370)

Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D USB

Epson Stylus Color 400

Dynalink V1456VQE External 56k V.90

Daewoo 710b 17"

Windows 2000 2195.1

#NTCompatible on UNDERNET!!!

Mine's the Full Version Retail (full CD), but the back of my disk is blue....does that answer your question?