Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spad18

Be honest now!!!

Be honest now!!!

Come on tell the truth smile

Who owns a original copy of windows 2000???

And who owns a pirated copy?????

Spad

Weeeeeeeellll.....It's not as simple as all that.

Microsoft had that free giveaway of 2000 so I e-mailed all of my friends.

One of my friends got the free copy but I never got one! So I of course HAD to have one because if I had never e-mailed him he would never have found out. (They don't surf the net as much as I do).

So I have a copy of 2000....but I guess it isn't really legal? or is it? hehehhe

But anyways....I am in the Air Force and we have a contract with Microsoft that all future versions of Windows are basically upgrades. So we had NT4 Workstation/Server we get an automatic upgrade to W2K Pro/Server. So my friends copy (he's in the Air Force too) is now the copy that we are using on almost all the computers on base. THIS IS LEGAL because we have the licenses. So since I am the one who upgrades and fixes the computers for the whole base I get a copy too! So.....I consider myself fully LEGAL with 2000! Whoooo....what a long speech. ANYONE WANNA ARGUE? HUH? COME ON! I KNOW SOMEBODY'S GONNA ARGUE WITH ME!

well i don't own a copy of win2k, and its not pirated, its a 120 day trial version which i got at a trade show in january.

The copy on my box is pirated but the copy sitting on my shelf still in the box is not. I just haven't had any resion to reinstall with the original copy.

I got the pirated copy I am running from a freind who I told about the free give-away. He won, I did not. On this I like the way DosFreak thinks, but I don't think Microsoft will.

I bought my real copy because W2k is a lot of fun to play with and this time Microsoft earned my money. I haven't had this much entertainment with an OS sence DOS5.

still using beta2, but I plan to get the oem version when I upgrade my hd...I'd consider pirating something like MSOffice, that I'd only use once a week, but for an OS, I don't think so

Full Retail of Professional won in a giveaway drawing.

win 2000 is pirate i got it a school were every one else has got a pirate version too. laugh

I have to say that iv'e been a crook all my life but my Windows 2000 is genuine but all my other sortware I won in an old folks coffee morning raffle. humm or was it tea can't remember!!!!!!!!

Now pirate later buy smile

this is best OS from microsoft, they have earned my money

I bought my copy at a computer show a week before it was released.

------------------

Amd k7 500 w/ 3dnow and mmx. :: 192 mb sd100 ram.

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.

come on whats wrong with a bit of piracy my friend downloaded the iso's then burned about a hundred copys i paid $2 for pro, server and adv server

its not like microsoft is going to go bankrupt anytime soon!

I'm sure you need Win2k advanced server installed at home on that dual xeon server sitting under your bed.

Perhaps the fact that it needs a massive amount of RAM will ensure that your networked toaster cooks better and your kettle recovers quickly from the "overboil of death".

If you are using a pirated copy for business use you can expect to be nailed to the wall if you are caught.

Don't get me wrong, I also have a burned copy of the professional CD from work, but that's because I only use it on my work machine. So I rationalised it out that it was okay becuase I was using it on a quasi-work machine.

------------------

--------------------

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I purchased the real-deal boxed retail copy with the hologram-covered CD.... But I did run pirated copies of every release candidate during the beta period before I could actually buy a copy. I'm a little impatient about waiting for things like this. That was a great way to discover that it works beautifully with my equipment so I wouldn't be wasting my money buying it.

Arrggggh matey. Not only is the copy Im using pirated so is the 75 or so people that have downloaded off my ftp. But if I had money spewing out my orafices I would definetly buy it.

Retail upgrade, purchased 2/17/00...

Though my NT 4 Workstation was a used OEM CD.

------------------

233 MMX (overclocked from 200)

96 MB RAM

12.5 GB HD on a Promise Ultra66

S3 Trio64V+ video

Soundblaster Live! Value (Dell drivers work great)

SupraExpress 56i V.90

Microtek X6EL SCSI scanner

Lexmark 5700 ColorFine (using NT drivers)

Windows 2000 Pro (retail)

I've got an original courtesy of the MS contest. Also have NFR versions of pro, server, and adv server from the HOT kit (not currently installed anywhere)not to mention my not-so-legitamate copy that preceeded the above smile.

I'm still with RC3 "without timebomb", which works fine BTW. But I'll buy a final copy next month when I'm sure to make a deal. I do not want to pay the full price which is too high here.

I know at least two retailers who will accept to make a big rebate when I buy a new 20 or 30 gigs HD. I am ready to pay 50 to 60 percent of what MS wants.

This not piracy, this is good business smile

Hey captain crook... wanna swap ftps?

My Opinion: Those who pirated it probably wouldn't buy it anyways, so microsoft isnt losing money, they'd still use they're copy of 9x or DOS that came with their system when they bought it or the copy they made when they built their system.

Free RTM (Release to Manufacturer) version because I work for a four letter computer company that rhimes with HELL.

I honestly bought a boxed version of the Win2k upgrade cd. I upgraded from an oem win98 version purchased with a new system. I guess thats honest all around? For the OS anyway, games are another matter entirely smile

One free copy of Pro (beta tester). One copy of Server (my company has an MSDN subscription, and I was elected to install it and evaluate it's stability- WOO HOO!).

My opinion- it is definately the best MS OS yet (if you have a beefy system)!

Cheers!

MiXeLpLiKz

bought the retail upgrade, got a deal. free zip drive but it's a parallel port, 10 free zip disks, plus a $70 rebate for owners of nt, at office max.

larry