Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PRiMATE

what happens when you overclock your refresh rate?

Anyone ever set their refresh rate higher than it's supposed to be? I set it for 120 with

nv refresh rate fix in 800 x 600, and it makes Q3 run smooooth as butter, but I'm worrying

I may be ****ing up my monitor to all hell. I think it's only supposed to be set to 65,

and the maximum recommended is 85. I have a mitsubishi Diamond Pro 22" flat screen.

Anyone either do this before, or know the consequences?

Any time I have exceeded the limits of my monitor the display is just a bunch of squiggly lines. If you can see the display clearly then most likely you have not gone past the manufacturers limitations. Most any recently manufactured monitor will do 120 hz refresh rate @ 800x600. Especially a 22" but I could easily be wrong. My KDS 19" Trinitron does 120 @ 1024x768 no problem.

Ed

Don't be ashamed.

I have a analog 15inch monitor that has a screen size only 2mm smaller than my 17inch monitor (I kid you not - i was amazed) but then it is a MAG.

This MAG can do 800x600x100hz and it was manufactured in 1994.

There's nothing wrong with old technology, s long as it's good technology.

I'm using 1024x768x16bit color @85 hz, when the maximun supported refresh rate is 75 hz. I have no problems at all.

Sometimes, I play directxgames at 120 hz, and my monitor has never burnt :-)

DOGGONEGODDAMN YOU ALWAYS GO MESSAGE BOARD TO MESSAGE BOARD POSTING THE SAME STUPID QUESTIONS?

Be VERY careful when going beyond the recommended hz limit on your monitor !!!

It could actually burst into flames.

This is something I have witnessed myself.

Even if the monitor will display a perfect picture, it does not mean that the monitor can handle the high refresh.

Always check the manual for the max refresh setting, and NEVER go beyond that.