Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
~Aragorn~

SB Live

Ok 1 question - is there any difference between the SB Live Player 1024 and the SB Live Player 5.1

The creative website says your card will never become obsolete since any new revelations will be providied by new Liveware but how can the provide a dolby Digital Decoder with a software update???

Please help me

The SBLive 5.1 series has 3 analog outputs (front/back/center) rather than 2 (front/back).

That's the difference.

If I could get a map of the board... the sblive chip and stuff, it would be peice of cake considering all they do for center is a mod of the l and r channels. I think...

------------------

System Specs:

MSI 694D Pro-A Mobo

Dual Gighz pentium III's

320 meg pc 133 sdram

30 Gig Maxtor Ata-100

Geforce 2 GTS

DVD w/ Decoder Card

Sblive etc etc...

If it's true 5.1 sound (which I think it is) then the center channel would be discrete (seperate entity) from the rest of the audio. Probably just another output on the DSP. Tho, I would imagine that it could be fixed up (or just go to Best Buy, buy one, then return your old card; don't think anyone would have the time/knowledge to care).

wink

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Aragorn~:
Ok 1 question - is there any difference between the SB Live Player 1024 and the SB Live Player 5.1

The creative website says your card will never become obsolete since any new revelations will be providied by new Liveware but how can the provide a dolby Digital Decoder with a software update???

Please help me

IMHO, SB LIVE! Value for $45.00-$50.00 is the best one to buy right now. Unless of course you HAVE a center channel to connect to :P

Am i missing something here as my SB Live value gives me a centre speaker when i select Surround sound in the liveware 3.0 options?