Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michel

Cambridge Sound Works FourPointSurround 2000

I'm using a Sound Blaster Live! Value in Win2k (2195)... every thing is working exept by the Win2k driver that are terrible... sound quality is poor and things like... also I'm ick of trying to Install LiveWare 3!!!

So i'll be waiting for Creative release of the drivers.

BUT my questions is... is there ANY way to put 4 SPEAKERS (specially from FPS2000) to work correctly... because i'm only using 2 speakers... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? PLZ!!!!

Thanks

Michel

I have the FPS1000 , I unplugged the rear speaker jack coming from the sound card (SBLive) and I now get sound from all four speakers. There are "NO FIXES" for SBLive and Liveware until Creative releases new drivers. Which won't be until after Win2000 is officially released for retail purchase. I have tried all of the "so called" hacked drivers and I have spent counless hours trying to get sound back. Yes, I completely lost sound but everything showed OK. So do not try these so called fixes unless you are looking for a huge incurable headache. Look at the post from "Mr.ThickDick, he has also tried.

well, im using the 2500's and i get all 5 speakers. Dont know if the 2000's have a little DolbySurround thing or something on the control that can just do CMSS (rear emulation by creative) but if there is a little switch try it

I seem to recall someone reporting success if you go into the properties tab of the sound card and find the setting for sound, you should be able to select what kinda speaker setup you have....

FPS 2000 has only 4 speakers and a subwoofer, the controls are only volume, and bass in the subwoofer...

I tried all the settings in windows for the speakers (2 speakers, 4 speakers ...), also i putted the sound quality at BEST in the settings...

Nothing has changed, the only thing I didn't try was changing the speakers setup and restart the computer.. one by one :P

Any more ideas? smile

THANKS

I have the SB Live with the FPS2000 and build 2183. I just plugged in only the front speakers (don't plug anything into the rear speaker jack on the subwoofer) from the sound card (green outlet). I get sound from all 4 that way, but have no effects or liveware features. It's SIMULTANEOUS sound from all four speakers, not surround sound.

I had sound problems as well but I managed to sort it out. This is what I did.

Initially I had ACPI installed and by SBLive was sharing IRQ's with my video card and my SCSI card and whenever my mouse moved or my HD did something I would get noise on my SB. I changed my Computer settings to APM and managed the IRQ's myself and everything was sorted out.

in Liveware 3 in Spekers Mixer choose 4 speakers or liveSerround.

Connect the spekers exactly in in the manual book.

I have thouse ones on WinME and Win2k and they are great !

Yeap, it works for me too. Follow everithing right like the manual says. And use last version of LiveWare on the creative's site.

Good Luck. smile