Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anhur

MS Sidewinder Gamepad trouble?

Hi all,

I have a MS Sidewinder Gamepad (regular). It comes with a Win95 drivers CD. It works in Win98, but not in Win2k. The compatibility lists on the main page list the Sidewinder as being Win2k compatible, but when I try to install it, it says the drivers won't work because it's for Win95 and won't let me continue.

Anyone have suggestions/solutions?

Thanks ;P

- DA

You don't need a driver file, the sidewinder has native support in win2k.

Go to control panel/gamecontrollers/add and select "Microsoft Sidewinder (autodetect)" from the list of controllers. It will find your controller no problem.

If you have any controllers listed before searching for the new one, make sure you remove them.

Ive got a Sidewinder Freestyle Pro that works well in everything except Revolt. The gae doesnt detect it and when I exit the game and go to controller properties it shows ti disabled for a second and then its fine I Dunno about it anyone have any ideas?

Later....

RattDawg

Hey guys . . .I too have a Sidewinder and a SidewinderPro . . .I could get the controlers to work under 2k but the buttons would not work . . .I FINALLY got my hands on the Sidewinder software v4.x and it installs on 2k, but I read somewhere that it only works with the USB version on the gamepads . . . .I tryed to get it to work with the Sidewinder ( not the pro ) but it has the gameport connection and it would not . . .to sum things up . . .I love Windows2k but, it you really want you Sidewinder gamepad to work with the button profiles either get a GamepadPro w/USB connection or get a dual boot . . .

I have the software if you want it.

just click on the ICQ flower above

=ew

[This message has been edited by jazTec (edited 02 May 2000).]

Sorry for the late reply . . . . .my searching over the web says that it is only over the web . . . .give me a email address and we will hook up and get you the software you need to test . . .

=ew

Where can i download the 4.x software.

German version 4.0 doesn´t work.

Ciao,

Hi,

check the IRQ of your soundcard. If it is shared with a other IRQ, it can be the problem.

CU

Noope

Hey I have the software but I can not email it to you, we have a size cap on our LAN . . but I do have a cablemodem and a ftp server . . .you can get it for now

ftp://mp3:mp3@24.9.56.183:21

( ftp client hotcopy )

((Dont mind the music );-)