Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sensei

5.14 and Counter-Strike

Lately, I've been getting random lockups in Counter-Strike (maybe in HL in general, but I don't play anything but Counter-Strike). I'll just be going along and then my screen freezes and the sound just loops over and over. This has been a problem with any driver later than 3.66 (3.69 and 3.78 locked my computer at the desktop). I can go back to 3.66, but I lose a lot of performance. Has anyone figured out a way to keep from locking up? I've noticed this problem running UT in D3D, but like I said, it happens in CS in OGL. So, it's not an API specific thing. My system specs are:

Athlon 650

Gigabyte 7IX

160 MB PC100

Guillemot Xentor 32

Windows 2000 Professional

Pete

hmmm i got also problems with de 5.13 drivers. But the 3.78 drivers worked just fine under Counter-strike.

But when i play Soldier Of Fortune with 5.13 drivers there are no lockups and the strange thing is both of the games use the Quake2 enginge so it must be an Halflife issue but i think it is fixed in the next halflife patch that is comming up soon

Greetz [H-F]-****FAce

Meet ya at QuickNEt

Have you guys tried using the drivers that the card manufacturer uses????

I used the nvidia drivers for a long time on my geforce (3dprophet) and i had random lockups also....but, i went to Hercules' site and got there drivers....and so far, not a problem.

I've installed the 5.14 drivers after using the 5.13 drivers for a while, and I've had no problems running CS with them.

Specs:

Diamond Viper 770 Ultra

Intel Pentium II 400

Tyan Tsunami 1830S/SL

256MB PC100

I'm playing Counterstrike. It hasn't lockedup with the 5.14 drivers, but I get texture glitches (like the blood, bullet holes, etc)

------------------

P2 400@448 - ABit BX6 2.0

Creative TNT2 Ultra

192MB Ram

WD 8.4GB - WD 1.6GB - WD 30.7GB

Win2000 Pro

Counterstrike is an add-on for Half Life! Therefore all graphic performance is dependent on Half-Life!

I have a problem with Q3A and the 5.14 drivers. when i play regular single player my framerate is great no problem but when i play a mod my framerate drops to 2FPS any ideas?

I went back to the 5.13 drivers and my framerate is normal when i play Q3 TF mod but with the 5.14 drivers i get 2fps in the Q3 TF mod or any other mod. Single player is fine with both drivers only problem is 5.14 and mods. also there is a new BIOS for geforce and TNT1/2 cards the link is on www.3dgpu.com

[This message has been edited by r0cko (edited 23 April 2000).]

Actually 5.14 are betas and you wont find them at nvidia's site you can find them at reactorcritical.com Good Luck

But. Anyone who knows how to fix the texture problems with 5.14 (and 5.13) and Half-Life? Blood, logos etc. flickers frown

------------------

P2 400@448 - ABit BX6 2.0

Creative TNT2 Ultra

192MB Ram

WD 8.4GB - WD 1.6GB - WD 30.7GB

Win2000 Pro

Thanks Rattdawg. I got the drivers and everything works like a dream now. No freezes, no crashes. I also got some voodoo2 drivers for my #2 pc and now I've got fragfests running on Win2000.

Not a problem. Glad I could help someone I know Ive scoured these pages in the last couple of months trying to solve driver issues with Win 2K and I only have one issue left "Happy Day!"

------------------

Dont be afraid to face the unknown!!