Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BadAss

How to crap out Windows 2000 in one easy step

Update your video card drivers.

How in the F*CK does anyone call this OS stable? Everything but 2D support goes to **** whenever (perhaps randomly would be a better word) you update video card drivers. What bull****.

Not much info here, It's hard to help when you don't let us know what video card and what drivers. Where the drivers digitaly signed by Microsoft?

W2k is very stable but some drivers are not. You should place blame on the writers of the drives and not W2k.

I don't know if this applys to you but a lot of people will do a "specal hack" of a beta driver to get their hardware to work until offical drivers come out. And when the offical drivers are available they try to update the driver on top of the hacked version. Most of the time it is the hacked part of the old drivers that mess up the driver update and the people get mad because the driver update did not know how to handle the hack. If you have done anything less then "Offical" with your drivers you should clean out all old parts and hacks of a driver before up[censored].

If you have done some hacks to get your drivers to work you should not blame W2k or the new drivers, but instead blame yourself. I have this happen to me, I think I'll just take a chance and update the drivers over my hack. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But when it doesn't I know it's probably my fault because I'm the one who done something nonstandard.

I can understand yuor frustration with your system but you shouldn't take it out on the OS. Windows 2000 is stable. Most of the drivers that are floating around the internet are NOT.

I can tell you, from personel experience, that Winblows 98 used to crash everyday whenever I would update my drivers. So don't blame the OS. Blame the hardware drivers.

BTW Been running 2000 for awhile now and I have had hardly any problems with the operating system. Most of my troubles have occured when I am tweaking something or messing with BETA drivers.

Maybe its one of those ID10T errors that have been floating around.