Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpe

win2k 5.13 beta

The win2k 5.13 beta drivers for gforce are available on 3dchipset.com/beta/w2k-513.zip

If any one can get them working with quake 3 dual processor setup please let me know, as with the 3.81 drivers they still crash when r_smp 1 is set for me.

anyone got any idea why the 3.81 wont work at any res other than 640 x 800 when liveware 2k is installed?

ttfn

Woo hoo! Drivers give us back our display properties!!! And I turned on r_smp 1 and played demo001 a couple times and played a net game for about half an hour, no probs. The anti-aliasing switch is in the d3d display properties, but it won't keep its setting. Is there a registry key I need to screw with? No lock ups yet...agp enabled as well. And TV out, did I mention TV out is there, but all the options are gray on my maxigamer xentor 32. My system follows:

Abit BP6 (2x336@550)

256 meg ram

Guillemot Maxi-Gamer Xentor 32 running beta 5.13 drivers linked above

WD expert 18gig on ata/66

sblive value (win2k default drivers)

hauppage wintv pci (working since beta3 smile

pioneer 6x dvd

d-link 10/100 nic

Got all the resolutions working, Yeah got tv out working, got an increase in frame rate from the 3.81 drivers so quite an improvement

but but but still could not get demos to work under r_smp 1 for q3a yet, how did you manage it? It works a for a short time if you start a game, but it is very jerky, even though the frame rate counter shows reasonable fps.

ttyl

Just got done doing some testing. Quake3 runs fine. Age of Empires runs fine. PowerDVD runs fine. And my webcam runs fine. Everything that has given me trouble works with these drivers! Sweet. My system is a BP6 dual 400, QQbios, ASPI Multiprocessor, Diamond V550 TNT card. Don't have any Quake3 benches, but it looks good and is fast enough! r_smp was kind of choppy for me. For those that are having problems with it, it really matters which kernel your running. I had fewer problems before I went to the ASPI Kernel. Anyways these drivers are a keeper.

Apoptosis

SMP just worked. Can't tell you any more than that. r_smp 1. restart the game. Timedemos and regular netplay work fine. And get this...tried the CoolBits = 3 DWORD (for info, check out the tweak3d.net geforce tweak guide...the registry key is described there, along with good info about all the settings), and it works! Got the overclocking sliders and disabled vsync in d3d! I don't know if the vsync works, I don't have a game that will hit that kind of framerate handy. Disabling vsync in OpenGL definetly works...got some timedemos well in excess of my refresh. Overclocking sliders work! Tweaked the memory until I started seeing sparkles all over q3 and core tweaks give me lockups, though my card was always a real dog for overclocking. Just a warning: if your machine locks so you don't get to shutdown, your overclock settings disappear. If you actually restart the computer, they stay. And one other weird thing. I changed the PCI memory setting for OpenGL to 0 and q3 would refuse to run. Changed it to 16 and it started working fine again. Maybe AGP is not all there yet? And I am running the ACPI Multiprocessor Kernel, so I really have no advice on jerkiness in q3 with SMP. Are you guys running geforces or tnts? AGP or PCI? Do you have powerstrip tweaking any settings? Anything running in the background like rc5 or seti? I have tried it both with liveware 2k (official from creative, never had another installed) and the windows default WDM and the drivers work fine with both for me.

[This message has been edited by Super Fly (edited 28 March 2000).]

Can any of you guys tell me if OpenGL screensavers work? Just try any of the Microsoft one or better; download something from http://www.3dfiles.com/screensavers/ ex Flux which is very small (34 kb)

This hasnt worked for me since 3.68 or something frown

I installed the nvidia 5.13 beta drivers, and at first I thought all my GeForce driver prayers had been answered. So many features to play with - just like the 98 drivers...

BUT I WAS WRONG!

I noticed the folowing about using 5.13 (none of which hapened with 3.81)

Image quality in Q3A is much worse than 3.81 (look up at the sky etc in high quality mode- YUK!)

FSAA... why bother... I don't want to play at 5-10fps

Changing the colour depth in Q3A instantly reboots the PC!

Changing back from 5.13 to 3.81 caused Q3A program errors which prevented me from playing Q3A.

Uninstalling 5.13 was a major pain: even deleting all the nvidia DLL files from the system32 directory and re-installing the 3.81 drivers did NOT fix any of the problems. I had to install the standard VGA driver, then delete ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to do with nvidia from the registry (I mean EVERYTHING!!!!), reboot, then installed 3.81 again.

Thankfully everything was back to normal as if 5.13 had never been there at all... Q3A and all games worked fine again! So in my opinion, the 5.13 drivers SUCK ASS BIG TIME

Greggy

CuMine 550E @ 733MHz (default voltage), Soltek converter, Abit BF6, 256Mb SDRAM, CL GeForce 256 SDR, 13Gb 7200rpm WD IDE hard disk, MX300, Intel PRO+ 10/100 NIC, Windows 2000 Pro etc etc

Hmm, ok I have installed those 5.13 drivers... everything is looking really great so far, but where do I switch to TV out?

My system:

Windows 2000 final

ASUS V3400 TNT/TV

256 MB RAM

bye

Pwoar! Just what ive been waiting for smile Finally some decent drivers for win2000. These drivers are great in every sence, get all the options missing from previous beta win2k drivers for geforce/tnt/tnt2 that were in win98. Only complaint is that I need to reboot my machine every time I switch to tv out. Anyone else have this problem?

win2000 proffesional

256mb ram

dual p3-500

asus v6600

------------------

The fact that you need to reboot to change to tv-out is bad, otherwise the drivers seem fine

TNT1 - Diamond V550

I am at work right now so i cannot load these new drivers (hmmm maybe at lunch....?). Can someone plz tell me if they have D3D support? And if they do do they have agp enabled under dxdiag? Also how are the control panels? Can you customize everything like you could in 9x? Can, who, plz, where, how????? so many questions, damn this job!!!!!!!!

The FSAA seems only work with openGL...

snd the res have to set to 640*480 or 800*600..

it looks damn well... smile

To the OpenGL screensaver guy: mine have always worked, so I really can't tell you if these will fix your problems. How do you enable the FSAA in OpenGL...I really wanted to see it in some d3d games...maybe in the next release. All the usual win9x tweaks from the 3.6x drivers for 9x are present and working as far as I can tell. Only the one guy seems to have had problems...

And yes, AGP and d3d are enabled...as I mentioned earlier, something might not be all there yet with the agp, but it is on. d3d games work fine, no lockups for me.

Whaoooooh!!!

smile

Speed is there (D3D and opengl)!

S3TC is there!

FSAA is there (don't care too much)!

Property sheet is there!

Clock adjustment is there!

frown

Stability in SMP mode is not there...

TV out is not there...

Bottom line: as fast (smoother than???) as Win98, rock-stable in non-smp.

Nvidia, come on, move yur a** I luv yu!!!

------------------

Abit BP6 - QQb1 bios - 2*Celery@583 MHz - 192 MB Pc100 Ram - Seagate 6 GB - Seagate 4 GB - HPT66 IBM 20 GB Ultra 66 - Iomega // Zip100 - Toshiba DVD SD-M1212 - CDR Sony CDU 928E - HP Deskjet 815C - Philips Vesta Pro Webcam - NIC Realtek Fast - Elsa Erazor X2 GeForce 256 DDR - Sound card Yamaha Sax - USR 56K Faxmodem - Dual boot WIN2K RC3 "Free" and Win 98

Where are the options to enable FSAA and s3tc? I have a tnt2...are they just not available...there is nothing about it in the openGL settings and the d3d anti-aliasing box/slider won't stay on frown

Oh well...I don't want to think about how slow it would be on a tnt2...I just wanted to see it...

Hi again...

So where do you enable TV OUT !!??

I CAN'T find it frown

ASUS V3400 TNT/TV

Windows 2000 final

bye

i can't even get them to install, when i goto update driver and choose specified location and point to them, later on when i goto view other results (because it defaults to the nv4.inf in the inf dir) its not even in the list! i tried with the old ones but they don't appear either.. really weird..

I don't have the FSAA option under OpenGL either. I also have the problem of the FSAA box not staying checked under D3D. Is this because I have a TNT2 Ultra instead of a Geforce? I don't see why it should matter. If I want to take the performance hit, I should be able to. Bah!

Pete

The new drivers turned my screen pink when i first rebootted my computer. I changed color and res and then i changed it back and it was fine. These drivers are fast. Very fast, They work on my bp6 w/dual 561's in smp Q3 but its not any faster its actually slower than smp in some of the older driver revisions. I also got a blue screen when i tried to change my video card speed the first time when it was shutting down..

[This message has been edited by cknyc (edited 29 March 2000).]

These drivers kick mucho butt! Finally I can oc my Geforce under 2k without that pos powerstrip. They are even faster than the 3.81's, what more could you ask for?

Quote:
Originally posted by [PhoeniX]:
Hi again...

So where do you enable TV OUT !!??
I CAN'T find it frown

ASUS V3400 TNT/TV
Windows 2000 final

bye

Normally you should find it under "Output device" tab. A friend who has a TNT2 (Xentor32) managed to switch it on but you have to reboot each time you switch from monitor to TV and from TV to monitor.
I have a V3800 TVR (tvin&out) but I can't see the TV-Out option (no TV connected to the card). It seems you must have a TV set connected to your card (it can detect it and a wire isn't enough).

So first, try to connect a TV Set on your card, and then it should appear (U may have to reboot since you have connected your TV).
If it doesn't work, it may come from your TNT 1 (TNT2 and GForce work fine but I've never seen a TNT working cos I don't have one to test),
or the fact you have a ASUS : did you install any ASUS driver ? try to fully uninstall them (delete every ASUS related entry in registry with RegEdit) and reboot then install a standart basic VGA driver, reboot a third time and install finally 5.13b NVidia driver (just to have a FULLY clean install).

If you manage to get TV-Out with your TNT, plez tell it (I wanna make a FAQ for video under Win2k with every feature you can have on each card).

Awx

PS : Missa French, Missa speak bad english laugh

[This message has been edited by Awaxx (edited 29 March 2000).]

After some more testing:

-S3TC cabability of the opengl driver is natively detected by Q3A (look at the ugly sky in 32-bit mode!).

-these drivers are as fast as the Win98 5.08

-all my opengl apps run OK, inc. screen savers.

-D3D is very stable but a bit slower than 5.08. Picture quality is very good.

-seems the drivers do not like SMP too much (or vice versa). Same random locks as usual.

-when SMP is working, performance increase is only a few fps at the best.

-TV-out option got greyed when I enabled the overclock tab. Is there some form of protection switch in there that prevents o'clocking in TV mode??? Something must be in the registry to tweak...

-FSAA is only worth in 640x480 (playable speed) but is ugly on a 19" monitor.

Conclusion: everytime Nvidia releases new drivers, I'm getting closer to kill my Win98 partition and use only W2K.

Wow these 5.13 drivers are wicked fast. Everything is working great for me now except for one thing.

Since I've been running Win2k (starting with 3.66 drivers) Quake2 will only run for about 10-15 mins before crashing back to the desktop with a generic application error.

Anyone else having this problem?

Sorry a bit off-topic but no one will respond to my post in the games forum.

Abit BX6 r2, P3-800 OC 897, 384 PC100, CLAP

Yes, it is a little bit off-topic... but let's go:

I have had similar symptoms with this mobo.

I had a BX6-2 last year in my second machine, which did not seem to like too much being overclocked with more than 2 memory slots populated.

On-board power supply? Memory timing?

I remember having read somewhere that it was related to the six data buffer chips which do not follow the pace (they are there because of the load of the 4 memory slots and I suspect a weakness in the design).

I did bring back the board to the retailer and got an MSI 6163 Pro which is more solid (for me). I run a 466 Celeron at 581 Mhz on this one.

------------------

Abit BP6 - QQb1 bios - 2*Celery@583 MHz - 192 MB Pc100 Ram - Seagate 6 GB - Seagate 4 GB - HPT66 IBM 20 GB Ultra 66 - Iomega // Zip100 - Toshiba DVD SD-M1212 - CDR Sony CDU 928E - HP Deskjet 815C - Philips Vesta Pro Webcam - NIC Realtek Fast - Elsa Erazor X2 GeForce 256 DDR - Sound card Yamaha Sax - USR 56K Faxmodem - Dual boot WIN2K RC3 "Free" and Win 98