Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpe

win2k 5.13 beta

I have a viper 550. I have gotten the tv-out to work, but it is in black and white. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know if there is a whay to fix it?

Does anyone know how u can "turn on" the 32 bits colors in q3??? Mine is set to 32bit but the sky and textures are ugly... The graphics are worse then a Voodoo3!!! And a V3 only work in 16bit... Thx

CycloneFr,

Make sure you disable the S3TC, sometimes although you get 32 bit colour and texture but the S3TC deteriorate the quality.

There's an app called tvtool, it may have been updated to support win2k, it allows you to use higher res (for PAL), and change the overscan settings etc. For me I have a set velocity 4400 and the nvidia tv tool has never worked.

Also now that for the first time d3d is working, it isn't really all that good on my computer. Is this cause AGP still doesn't work (via MVP3 on a FIC503+), I've noticed recently, even with win98 that everything is going all jerky and the sound changes pitch with the complexity of the scene being rendered, especially shadowman (it works in win2k now too).

Any ideas?

Viper 550 AGP

I get TV-OUT (in color) but have to reboot

Hey, id just like to post that I have a TNT2 16meg card, celeron 500. I benchmarked quake3 with the 3.81 drivers and got 43.3 fps - highest settings possible, 16 bit 800x600. I did the same benchmark with the 5.13 drivers and achieved 46.4fps!! I haven't tested it for crashing yet though, but I bet it will crash. Over 3fps increase and the control panel back is too good to be true.

A whole 3fps eh? smile

I have a original TNT with a Celeron 550 and 128MB RAM and I gained over 30 FPS in Quake3 smile I am very happy about that.

Of course I was using the fastest settings so our scores are different. I had ~40 and now get 71.8 FPS with the same settings.

Jason A.

------------------

I write code.

[This message has been edited by jra101 (edited 30 March 2000).]

I'm very happy with these new drivers but since I installed them, Opengl doesn't work anymore (tried the opengl screensaver and some game). I reverted to 3.81 and it worked ok but every time I put the 5.13, same pb. I looked at the inf file and saw no major difference explaining this pb. So has anybody had the same pb and if so how have you fixed it.

Correction : it is not that they don't work, they only work very slowly whereas D3D works flawlessly

JEFF

A-Trend Dual PIII 450

512 Mo RAM

U2LVD

Xentor 32

[This message has been edited by jeff (edited 01 April 2000).]

Well I dont know how to benchmark Q3 though I can tell ya that **** these drivers ROCK!

I did bench q2 (demo1.dm2) and I get 205 fps 640x480 with the 3dNow OGL drivers. About half that at 1024x758, and a extremely playable 46fps at 1600x1200. Yes I do still play quake2 sometimes, now at 1600x1200 :-). My crusher scores at 1024x768 were like 98fps. I dont know if thats good or bad.

Before the update I could only get 160fps at 640x480.

Athlon 650, SDR GForce, SB Live, 256Megs o ram pc133 crucial, blah blah

when i have a 2 or more Microsoft internet explorer windows open it freezes up for no reason had to go back to 3.81

To do a benchmark in Quake3 simply start it up and at the main menu press tilde(~) to bring down the console.

Type \timedemo 1 and press Enter.

Press tilde(~) again to get rid of console

Click on Demo, then choose any demo and press Play

Jason A.

------------------

I write code.

I dont know whats wrong with my system.

In any game that uses D3D accelartion i get random crashes.

This means: Swat3, Soldier of fortune, Thief 2...argh!!!

using the 5.13 drivers....the 3.79 Beta 4 drivers from Asus crash my system in desktop let along games.

ANYONE HAVE A CLUE???

I have win 2k pro,

athalon 750

asus K7M M/b

Asus v6800 DDR pure.

Live! value

Intel 10/100pro

sony 48X cd