Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tony1c

Win2K Liveware is EVIL!

I can't imagine how a prominent company like Creative can have something like this available for download on their site.

If you feel you must install Liveware for Win2K go ahead. You might want to have a spare computer available though.

TOny

I don't understand why so many people are having problems with this. I am very pleased with the new LiveWare. I have a SoundBlaster Live Value and everything works great for me. I used everything from the "hacked NT 4.0" to the Dell one and the Beta ones. Now I am using the released ones off the Creative site. All 4 speakers work including Power DVD.

What I would recommend is making sure you go to add/remove software first and remove everything that has to do with your Live card. Then remove the drivers from the Device manager then installing the released ones

I haven't had one single problem with the new drivers. I downloaded, installed, fully tested everything and found nothing wrong at all.

I only had problems when I installed liveware 3 on 2k, then on 98, screwed everything up, cause it shares or deletes some stuff or something. But other than that, smooth sailing.

I upgraded my W2K from W98Se and I have no problem with the SB W2K LiveWare. Everything

moved smoothly.

Liveware for Win2k is a disgrace.

EAX doesn't work properly. You get massive slowdowns in Soldier of fortune, stuttering etc.

In Star Trek Armada the sound doesn't work properly too.

The original drivers included with Win2k work fine on all of these games.

The drivers are fine, you probaly don't have enough RAM. I only have 128mb now and sounds in all games are ****ty, even Q3 which does'nt use eax. When I had the extra 64 it sounded great. Needless to say I'm getting more

LW2k runs like a charm in all games with *only* (as you put it) 128MB. EAX is fine. No stuttering. Everything works. I forgot to uninstall the old drivers too, the install seemed to take care of that. I think you should be looking at what the real cause of the problems could be...

rbarbier:

Please, How do you get to work PowerDVD? I can't get 4 speaker output.It don't show as an option. I can only check surround. Also, can you tell me if WinDVD does work?

Thank you.

Well, i'm having serious problems with Live! drivers on my system too...i get a spontaneous reboot during the startup into the desktop. Any ideas on this?

miguelidanez

All I did was click on Configuration...Audio...Use DirectSound....(Make sure it is NOT on USE WAVE OUT) Make sure it IS ON Use DirectSound. Then DirectSound 3d. Works great!

Well, i still have big time problems with SBlive even when i installed win2k livewere!

the sound hangs up after some time...the clicking sound you get when you are in explorer likes to hang up...starts cliking like crazy....or when i play mp3's...well the mp3 just stops playing...all sounds stop!

anyone know what the problem is?

Dual P3 Coppermine 600Mhz/133Mhz

256Mb PC133 RAM

Microstar 6120 Mobo

SBlive player 1024!

Dxr3 Mpeg

...jadada...and the rest of the HDware...

have a nice life ppl!

Got it to work just fine. I have a very clean install of W2k (after reinstalling it 20 or so times using latest bios / vid drivers and so on)....

Had the leaked drivers on machine before, just d/l'd official LW W2K and installed just fine.

Make sure you uninstall *maybe* the card completely - reboot - and try not to have it re-detect SB and install LW-2K...

------------------

=========================

Abit Bp6 - 2 C400 @ 533

Nvidia VII - 32 meg

Mator 7200 rpm - 20 gig

Panasonic 19" monitor

192 MB Ram @ 133 mhz

These Liveware2K drivers blow, if im listening to a MP3 in winamp, and start surfing with Internet Explorer, the sound gets choppy, and lags, also in Windows Media Player sometimes the audio/video skips or repeats 2 seconds.

My Only Guess is the drivers have a bug downmixing Audio Files that are played at one time. Although the Windows Media Player problem doesn't require any background sound to go off

All of the above problems were non existent till I installed the Creative Labs Liveware2K.

Dual 550 P3 100mhz Bus

256Memory

Onboard Adaptec SCSI, IDE, etc all in use

Nvidia TNT 2 Ultra (Viper 770 Ultra)

Sound Blaster Live Value

Creative Labs DXR3 (Installed /w Sigma Drivers)

InteliMouse Explorer

Onboard Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100

Macronix Ethernet Card 78xxxxSeries 10/100

Jeremy

Hmm, I dunno why everyone is having problems with the sblive win2000 drivers. I've used every beta driver available until now, and havent had any problems with anything. To all who are having problems, it could be something to do with previous stuff installed, and not removing it properly. I bet if you reinstall win2000, the drivers would work fine.

Creative arent going to release faulty drivers..

dual p3-500

256mb ram

asus v6600

soundblaster live

win2000 proffesional

------------------

I put money on your comment.

A good clean out of your drivers helps when installing gold drivers over beta ones.

Thanks for passing that, wind. smile

------------------

The information contained in this post has no nutritional value. I remove myself from all responsibility of the consequences should you print this post and consume it without taking the proper precautions.

Warning: This text best viewed with surround sound.

It's not necessary to understand WHY so many people are having problems, only that they ARE. This sort of severity is highly unusual.

I'm being harsh here only because it took me an hour to get my computer into working condition (we're talking about being able to boot here) after installing these drivers/software, which as far as I could tell was NOT beta.

Considering I have heard MANY similar "horror" stories I consider it a serious violation of professional ethics for Creative to make these drivers available publicly.

Tony

Tony

I also loaded the new drivers a week ago.

I had tried all the "betas" as well and when I loaded the release drivers and rebooted my system it continually reboots, and no safe mode, or last working configuration.

S o I formatted and things have worked well, even better than before.

Ned

EVERYONE LISTEN:

This is the last time I am going to say this!

The infamous reboot problem is a result of having used previous beta drivers and/or the hacked liveware 3 drivers. Please use the cleanup batch utility to remove all old residual drivers and fresh install liveware 2k. This will solve all your problems. If you can't find the utility you can email and request it from me:

dave-grant61@home.com

BP6 with dual 500's in retail W2k - Liveware 2000 loaded and no problems... Just my two cents.

I give up, yeah, i've formated, many times.

It works beautifuly in Win98SE, but in Win2k /w Creatives Drivers, I have tons of problems...

although I plan to format soon next week, and rather then installing other software i'll install the SBLive Drivers 1st.

BTW, i've had this problem with all the "Hacked" SBLive Drivers.. frown except Microsofts WDM drivers.

Jeremy